Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fossil Watches

• 01-11-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

The OH is getting me a watch for my birthday, and i really like the look of two fossil watches in particular. The one I really like (Here) I cant seem to find anywhere that delivers to Ireland.
    I also really like this one

I'm just wondering am I missing any good online shops that might deliver to Ireland and be relatively cheap???

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Amazon.co.uk have Fossil watches. They may have something you like.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_?k=Fossil+watches+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

i think this was the first watch he was talking about
    ME1097_main?$fossilResponsive_printpdp_detail$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Amazon.co.uk have Fossil watches. They may have something you like.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/s/ref=is_box_?k=Fossil+watches+
    We've looked at Amazon and they have the second watch I like, but not the nicer one (as shown by MiCr0 below).
    MiCr0 wrote: »
    i think this was the first watch he was talking about
    ME1097_main?$fossilResponsive_printpdp_detail$

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

I just bought a watch from Ernie at Watchuseek, and went very well. It wasn't a watch that he advertised as selling, and he just contacted the manufacturer, and sold it to me at retail price with free shipping from the Netherlands (which took less than 24hrs)

So if anyone is looking for a watch and happy to pay RRP, I would definitely recommend sending them an email.

sales@watchuseek.com

It is probably a little less likely that he does Fossil, but you never know

Will have to get pics up later ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78 ✭✭mirm

The Kilkenny Store now sell Fossil Watches, I bought one there 3 weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,447 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

H Samuel also stock Fossil watches. You will also find a limited selection of Fossil watches in Debenhams, that's where the missus got my one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Anjobe

You can also buy from their web site, or if you don't mind going north there is a Fossil store in Victoria Square in Belfast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Anjobe wrote: »
    You can also buy from their web site, or if you don't mind going north there is a Fossil store in Victoria Square in Belfast.

I have a fossil watch that I never wear. It's made from cheap steel and gives me a rash on my wrist... Will never buy one again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,451 ✭✭✭Anjobe

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I have a fossil watch that I never wear. It's made from cheap steel and gives me a rash on my wrist... Will never buy one again.

Apologies for going a little off topic...

Pretty much all the stainless steel used for watch production contains nickel, which is what causes the contact dermatitis. Mostly 316L stainless steel is used which has quite a high nickel content, 12 - 14 % I think, and depending on the quality of the steel different amounts of nickel maybe released over time. The EU has regulations that set limits on the amount of nickel that can be released from stainless steel in jewellery and clothing items, and at these limits anyone with a normal sensitivity to nickel should be fine, although those with a high sensitivity may suffer a reaction. According to the FAQ on their website Fossil are in compliance with the EU regs so shouldn't cause a problem for the vast majority of wearers.

It is possible to get stainless steel watches that can be worn by even those with very high sensitivity to nickel e.g. Skagen are often recommended for this. The SS still contains nickel but if the steel is manufactured to a very high standard the release of Ni is so low that it won't cause a reaction. There is also a product called Super Surface that can be used to apply a very thin inert coating to the back of a watch and inside of the bracelet to prevent nickel reaction.

Pretty much all the stainless steel used for watch production contains nickel, which is what causes the contact dermatitis. Mostly 316L stainless steel is used which has quite a high nickel content, 12 - 14 % I think, and depending on the quality of the steel different amounts of nickel maybe released over time. The EU has regulations that set limits on the amount of nickel that can be released from stainless steel in jewellery and clothing items, and at these limits anyone with a normal sensitivity to nickel should be fine, although those with a high sensitivity may suffer a reaction. According to the FAQ on their website Fossil are in compliance with the EU regs so shouldn't cause a problem for the vast majority of wearers.

It is possible to get stainless steel watches that can be worn by even those with very high sensitivity to nickel e.g. Skagen are often recommended for this. The SS still contains nickel but if the steel is manufactured to a very high standard the release of Ni is so low that it won't cause a reaction. There is also a product called Super Surface that can be used to apply a very thin inert coating to the back of a watch and inside of the bracelet to prevent nickel reaction.
    All I know is that I have not experienced this from any other watch previously. Just Fossil. & I have owned watches from many brands over the years.

I will not wear a fossil again

• Advertisement

All I know is that I have not experienced this from any other watch previously. Just Fossil. & I have owned watches from many brands over the years.

I will not wear a fossil again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭budhabob

Oh good stuff, herself is going to belfast for a girly weekend in a few weeks so that might work. Cheers for that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭pawrick

Noticed one of the sites you were looking at is littlewoods - if you know anyone with an O2 account most months they offer a 20% off code for littlewoods purchases. I don't know if it will cover watches but worth checking out if it reduces the price. Asking on the bargain alerts forum might get you a code too (would check myself but left O2 recently so I'm locked out now)

Advertisement