Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lilfeely

I still haven't been called! I hope they haven't lost my application or forgotten about me ha :eek: ! in all seriousness tho, I'm wondering what time they'll finish interviews today cos I need to leave my house and stretch my legs I'm starting to get cabin fever, there's only so much daytime TV that I can watch before I start losing my mind !!

Is there any1 else still waiting??

I'm still waiting...hopefully they will call in the morning. Just want to get it over with!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 GawdDamnHippie

It probably went better than you think, stay positive!! At least you've got it all over and done with, I'm feeling borderline recluse at this stage :rolleyes:. I'd say they're under a lot of pressure though 2 get every call made in 3 days, I know 4 sure I'd be bored out of my mind if I had 2 ask the same questions over and over so I feel 4 them.

How long did they speak 2 you 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

Think I missed mine...Oh lord!

Oh God FrustratedTC why do u think that??

Had a missed call after my lecture does there number start with +76

Im not sure tbh but that's horrible, I hope 4 your sake it was just a wrong number. Dont panic tho Im sure you can just ring them and explain.

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

Mine was an 01 Dublin number so maybe that wasn't it. I don't think missing it is the end of the world you can just ring back.

Thanks for that Keep Faith, how did u find it?Think ill give them a call in the morn

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭KeepTheFaith

I didn't get on that well TC, purely through my own doing though. The questions aren't difficult it's all just skills and qualities etc. Nothing that you can't make up on the spot if worse comes to worst but having the questions prepared in your mind is a help.

has anyone been contacted today? :)

• Advertisement

Havent heard of any1, any idea how many are doing this?

absolutely no idea. might be a question to ask once we do get a call, see what the chances are of making it to next round! Is this your first year applying?

no applied for an internship unsuccessfulyl! U?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

I saw someone said on boards before that they get about 800 applications, 200 get through to phone interview and 80 to next round....

first time for me. So have no idea what to expect! Its really horrible having to wait but I'd say they still have a load of people to get through. Whats the story with A&L and McCann Fitz etc, should they be making interview offers soon?

80s a good number. I expected it to be lower tbh

thanks Irkalein that's useful to know, although probably not very reassuring considering less than half make it to the next round.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 JaraCane

Why haven't they called yet? Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyy..... slowly cracking up.... :eek:

I feel your pain. Slowly losing my mind. Maybe they're testing our patience and sanity lol :D

• Advertisement

I know we should be thankful to get to this stage and I am delighted with the opportunity buuuuuut it was quite unfair of them to be so vague with the "Monday , Tuesday or Wednesday" timeframe - a specific day and even more preferably a morning or afternoon slot would have been far kinder to my sanity levels....

The minute the interview is over I'm throwing my phone out the window, I'm sick of having it glued to me for the past 3 days and jumping everytime it rings :eek:
    (Whinge whinge, moan moan)

you have just described my exact life 4 the last 3 days. your right tho i agree were very fortunate to get to this stage.

I'm in the same boat JanaCane. I think at this stage I won't be able to say anything because im so anxious with this waiting game...please please please call soon! good luck with it!

anyone know what the latest time they could call today? Could it be after work hours? If they dont call by 4 im tempted in ringing them myself.

Nah i'm not gonna call them, gonna play it cool like you would with a guy you hadn't heard from in a while - "Hello? Oh yes, Mops is it? Oh hi are are you?" in a nonchalant couldn't-care-less kinda way.. treat em mean and keep em keen kinda thing ..... Yup it's official, I've finally lost my marbles....

U made me laugh at that, cud ya imagine mops is it?ive been waiting on a few of u law firms to get back to me!!Anyone heard of any1 having gotten it over with today?

• Advertisement

No haven't heard of anyone being called today, have ye? Two close friends of mine still waiting also... tick tock tick tock - good luck to everyone!

waiting as well! hope theyre not bored wen they get to us!

Any news lads?!

still no call. do u think we'll all actually get a call today? it sounds like there's still
    a lot of people who haven't been contacted?! bit worrying.

They'll probably stay late wont they rather than drag it to another day. We could be here till this eve id say

• Advertisement

I haven't been outside in 3 days.... i mite use that as an example of commitment if they ask me!

ill join u on that e.g too!

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Charlie D

I was the same as you guys last year, I think I didn't get the call until after 6 on the third day but I had replied to their initial e-mail saying that I would only be available to take their call on the third day in an attempt to limit them a bit. I was quite tired at that stage and asked if they could call the next morning and they were most obliging. Don't panic!

The questions are very run of the mill, one I do remember though was one on the importance of attention to detail.

Best of luck guys!!!!

Did they call u then on the next morn?Im wrecked!

Anybody receive their call yet? Im gettng worried now!

Waiting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 xx29xx

I got my call around 7 last night so I wouldn't worry. There is still loads of time.

Did they call u then on the next morn?Im wrecked!

Yeah they did. I just told them that it wasn't a good time and they called me at 10 the next morning and also I had the benefit of getting a specific time then.

I got an offer in the end from them so it didn't have any negative impact on me.

Also turned out in the end that my phone interviewer was on her third year placement from college with them so it's not all that serious. Phone interviews are strange for everybody.

Ha did she tell u she was on placement? They do take forever tho!

• Advertisement

No, but met at the drinks reception after. They are a really nice firm once you get past that phone interview. Fingers crossed for you all :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭sazzyfiz

i still havent gotten a calll???? is anyone else still waiting???:eek:

ME!!!! :-(

guys just got an email from mops....said theyre still working through the phone calls and they will keep goin until friday!!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOO cant handle any more waiting!

F.M.L. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Atticus Lynch

Does anyone else think that is highly unprofessional? I mean a lot of us have been waiting patiently for three days and just like that at 17.15 on Wednesday they tell us you might have to wait two more days.

What I hate then is you have to be nice as pie to them when they ring! God they can really mess people around.

If everyone had been given a predesignated day and time then they wouldn't have the issue of people missing calls and waste time having to chase people because people would be expecting their call.

I have sat in my sitting room for 3 days from half 8 in the morning until late in the evening just to make sure I don't miss the call. I cant even change rooms because the coverage in my house is so bad and its the only room I get good reception in.

I am so deflated by the whole process! If this was a psychological assessment I would fail !! I cant stand having to do nothing and just wait. :confused:

On the upside at least I know now that they haven't forgotten about me, was beginning to think that that was a real possibility.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Atticus Lynch

Here Here! I can't stand waiting around all day for another 2 days though, I'm considering replying to that e-mail and asking could they specify a particular time. Don't want to appear rude but I am fairly sick of it now. What do you think?

Here Here! I can't stand waiting around all day for another 2 days though, I'm considering replying to that e-mail and asking could they specify a particular time. Don't want to appear rude but I am fairly sick of it now. What do you think?

same, im workin 2-6 both days and am not allowed to have my phone on me. i emailed last night asking for them to ring before 11 today and they replied saying they would try to do so but they never rang....soooo annoying at this point!

• Advertisement

I dont want to be a nuisance so I'll just have to spend 2 more days in my onesy drinking lots of coffee and red bull to ensure maximum alertness and enthusiasm so that when they do call I blow their socks off!! :D

Advertisement