Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Law Firm Milk Rounds 2011

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 GawdDamnHippie

got MOP pfo pretty gutted, thought that it had gone well. answered every question, was friendly, chatty, relaxed enough, thought I backed up my answers well and when I left I thought that they seemed happy with me, guess it just wasn't enough!! :(:( I think the worst part is that when your so close you get your hopes up. of all the top 5 I would say they are definitely my favourite so I guess it means waiting until next year and starting over again.

Congrats and best of luck to all of you who were successful today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭birdie89

me 4 ha.:o

me 5:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 yunthunter

Have never posted on boards before but was reading this a bit over the last week or so and its been very useful so thanks guys!

Just thought I'd add what I could since its nice to be given information here on good authority.

@irkalein I know that DE are interviewing 100 people to be reduced to around 25 that will ultimately go for 6 postions.

Also me 6 :)

yunthunter wrote: »
    Have never posted on boards before but was reading this a bit over the last week or so and its been very useful so thanks guys!

Just thought I'd add what I could since its nice to be given information here on good authority.

@irkalein I know that DE are interviewing 100 people to be reduced to around 25 that will ultimately go for 6 postions.

Also me 6 :)

do you mind me askin how you know this about DE? i got the impression yesterday that they would employ more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 LivinLaVida

I reckon that DE will be max 10, but there are people working there at the moment as interns covering the PPC1 who are also being interviewed for the same positions. Me 6 for McCanns!! I heard that only 40 are getting through with Frys and that there seems to be 25 positions so good odds at least

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭frustratedTC

No idea what went wrong with MOP either. Really liked them, pretty devastating. Although I stumbled on 1 q so think that might have done it.
    How many did fry's interview? I thought DE might employ more, god these rounds are exhausting. Any1 any idea how many eversheds employ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 LawNerd2011

Re Fry's they are super odds. Last year they said they were hiring 15-18. Best of luck everybody!

I heard that all the top 5 were looking at 25. At the same time, you have to think that most of those roles will have gone to the people who have done the internships there. I don't know what the craic is with Eversheds but they seem to be growing. Really liked Frys today so hopefully I will get through. Such a horrible process though

No idea what went wrong with MOP either. Really liked them, pretty devastating. Although I stumbled on 1 q so think that might have done it.
    How many did fry's interview? I thought DE might employ more, god these rounds are exhausting. Any1 any idea how many eversheds employ?

heard frys interview between 100-110

I meant 40 for second round

• Advertisement

i heard that frys will prob give out around 33 offers as they expect some candidates to turn down their offers for other firms....but this could all be hearsay! hopefully they stick to their word and let us know by sat!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 yunthunter

birdie89 wrote: »
    do you mind me askin how you know this about DE? i got the impression yesterday that they would employ more...

Friend had an interview this week and one of the interviewers said this was the case. Maybe he meant around 6, I don't want to be the one that says this figure is set in stone!

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭colonel1

Has anyone heard from ByrneWallace at all? 'Tis the colonels last hope:(

Bad luck about MOPS frustratedTC, but hopefully one of your other firms will come up trumps. If not, see if they will give you some feedback on your performance at interview.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭cornerforward13

Me 7 for McCanns. :-(

Any1 know when we'll hear from Fry's or DE?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Beechey

Byrne Wallace are calling around now.

Thanks for letting us know beechy. Hope they gave u positive news, bit of good news would be nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭D3sperado

FrustratedTC this is a new account I set up after boards was hacked last year so I dont think I can reply to PMs until I reach a certain post count. If you send me a PM with your email address I'll email you the info you were looking for. I'm really sorry I wasn't trying to be rude by ignoring you....

Beechey wrote: »
    Byrne Wallace are calling around now.

Thanks for letting us know Beechey, and good luck with your interview. Alas, no phone call from ByrneWallace for the colonel, so will have to start all over again in 2012:(

• Advertisement

Frys called anyone yet? Anyone else get their FE1s today, what a blessed relief it is passing!!!

Haven't heard back from them yet. No call from BW either :( . Got FE1s though!

Congrats great news

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Atticus Lynch

William Fry second round interview offers have been sent out by e-mail. Best of luck to everybody.

William Fry second round interview offers have been sent out by e-mail. Best of luck to everybody.

and PFOs :(

• Registered Users Posts: 37 lilfeely

Many people receive a call from Byrne Wallace today? I didn't so bit disappointed as I was really hoping to be called for an interview with them.:(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 uhoh1

hi guys, I have never done a second round interview yet am just out of college so if anyone could shed any light on the second round processes and what to expect, or anything in relation to william frys second round I would greatly appreciate it.

lilfeely wrote: »
    Many people receive a call from Byrne Wallace today? I didn't so bit disappointed as I was really hoping to be called for an interview with them.:(

Me too- heard nowt from them:-(. Guess can expect the pfo next week!

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

Me 8 for Mccann... AC interview lasted only 15 min...:(

irkalein wrote: »

What was the AC second round like? I have it on Monday..any ideas on the numbers they are interviewing for the second round..

Not too sure about the Frys one..I presume it will be more challenging and go into more depth and try to get us rattled

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RizzleKick

Haven't a clue about Fry's second round either!!They already went through our application and asked us current awareness questions so wondering is a commecial awareness test coming??!that would be tough!:eek::eek: Its 40minutes long right??

I hate all these rounds really wish they could just tell us yes or no!

AC is fine they are very friendly and focus mainly on your cv. Best of luck!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brumbram6

What was the AC second round like? I have it on Monday..any ideas on the numbers they are interviewing for the second round..

Not too sure about the Frys one..I presume it will be more challenging and go into more depth and try to get us rattled

AC interview is only based on ur cv and they'll ask u at the end if u have qs for them. as i said my interview was very short and before i knew it it was over...

What did people think of the eversheds interview yesterday? Thought it went well enough, real different feel to the place than the other firms

What did people think of the eversheds interview yesterday? Thought it went well enough, real different feel to the place than the other firms

I really liked the atmosphere in the firm yesterday, everybody was friendly and helpful. Interview was pretty relaxed too. Any idea on how many they interviewed? Fingers crossed for a positive call form them next week!

I really liked the atmosphere in the firm yesterday, everybody was friendly and helpful. Interview was pretty relaxed too. Any idea on how many they interviewed? Fingers crossed for a positive call form them next week!

88 people interviewed

Yea I thought they were nice too. Was the HR thing though a disguised interview? Thought that was kinda sprung on us!

Also did they say when they or DE will be back to us?

Yea I thought they were nice too. Was the HR thing though a disguised interview? Thought that was kinda sprung on us!

I definitely think we were being assessed at the HR thing. Eversheds said they would get back to us by Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭irishgirl23

I had my interview with Eversheds yesterday. Interview went on for about 35/40 mins, had several commercial awareness Qs about the referenda, budget, fianna fail demise, legal services bill, rte defamation scandal. They seemed absolutely lovely, but I worry they were just being extra nice and nothing will come of it. At the end, my two interviewers were super complimentary "we really kept the best till last", "that was a very good interview", rather than get my hopes up, did anyone else have a similar experience?

The HR thing was definitely another interview, I found that the worst, as you didn't have time to get to know the interviewers and establish yourself. Was just put on the spot and asked several commercial awareness Qs!

I had my interview with Eversheds yesterday. Interview went on for about 35/40 mins, had several commercial awareness Qs about the referenda, budget, fianna fail demise, legal services bill, rte defamation scandal. They seemed absolutely lovely, but I worry they were just being extra nice and nothing will come of it. At the end, my two interviewers were super complimentary "we really kept the best till last", "that was a very good interview", rather than get my hopes up, did anyone else have a similar experience?

The HR thing was definitely another interview, I found that the worst, as you didn't have time to get to know the interviewers and establish yourself. Was just put on the spot and asked several commercial awareness Qs!

I was quite late into that group thing so I had no idea what was happening and what the process was. Yeah I thought it was overly nice or something, mine was almost like a talk than an interview they weren't really pressing me on anything that I said

I was quite late into that group thing so I had no idea what was happening and what the process was. Yeah I thought it was overly nice or something, mine was almost like a talk than an interview they weren't really pressing me on anything that I said

Can you remember the people who interviewed you? I thought they were a bit too complimentary, everything was "brilliant" and "great", worried they were just being nice.. What kind of things were you asked? What kind of indications did they give you at the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭moonbino

irkalein wrote: »

Good luck with AC tomorrow. Mine is on Tuesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Beechey

Anyone know what the A&L interview will be like? What's this about the document we will be given before the interview?

Beechey wrote: »
    Anyone know what the A&L interview will be like? What's this about the document we will be given before the interview?

Hey Beechey when are the ByrneWallace first round interviews? Good luck with it btw and with ur A&L one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭pandas

I definately think that HR thing was sprung on us..no indication of it even before we went into the interview just afterwards when I thought I was done and about to go home one of the trainees in the welcome room said oh have you been into the other room yet...and she was bringing me down and still hadnt told me what was in the other room.. I had to ask!

Overall I thought the interview went really well.. wasnt asked too many commercial awareness/current affairs questions only one on the relevance of the law of tort today, that was the only semi-tricky question and that wasnt too bad, in saying that I think I could have answered it better in hindsight! (TYPICAL!) :rolleyes:

Annyway. my interview lasted only roughly 20 minutes and they were all very complimentary afterwards like ye all mentioend! Although from looking at my competition in the HR workshop as they called it I wont be getting my hopes up... Im depressed since I left the place to be honest!! :(

Irishgirl 23...who was it that interviewed you? I wasnt asked one single commercial question and it only lasted about 25 mins! Commercial questions were not really asked at my HR thing either, it was very relaxed. Sounds like you did very well!!

Irishgirl 23...who was it that interviewed you? I wasnt asked one single commercial question and it only lasted about 25 mins! Commercial questions were not really asked at my HR thing either, it was very relaxed. Sounds like you did very well!!

Hey, I might send you that in a private mail, don't want them coming on here and identifying me!! I had two men, one of whom was the head of HR. God, I got the short end of the stick then, had loads of commercial questions. They spent loads of time at the end talking about the role and why it's worthwhile working with them, etc., which I guess they mightn't do if they weren't interested? I really don't know though... Going by the interview and the things they said to me, woulda said I was in with a good chance of getting it. But maybe that was their MO, charm the pants off everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 RizzleKick

Congrats to all of you who interviewed with Eversheds sounds lke most of you had a positive experience there so best of luck!!

Anybody know if Fry's second round are all on the same day??Or is anybody in tomorrow??Presume everyone got that email they sent about the format of it....legal scenarios?ekkkkkk!!:eek: hahaha!!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭JLex

hello :)
    heard that BW were going to start calling this week. i rang them the other week and thats what the hr lady told me. anybody got a call last week?

juliach wrote: »
    hello :)
    heard that BW were going to start calling this week. i rang them the other week and thats what the hr lady told me. anybody got a call last week?

hey juliach, a poster called Beechy said that BW were calling people on Friday afternoon last. I heard nothing, nor have a few people I know. Maybe there is still some hope after all:D

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭ananas

BW are calling today re interviews.

Advertisement