Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any colourblind option?

Options
  • 01-11-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭

Multiplayer is unplayable for me because its impossible to tell who is with or against me. All I see are loads of colours.

I just went up a stair and their was a sniper on the roof in front of me. I passed him thinking he was on my team but he turned around and killed me. Its very frustrating. Treyarch has a colourblind option in their COD games which makes them much more enjoyable to play.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Google Modern Warfare 3 Colorblind and it seems like the answer is yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Google Modern Warfare 3 Colorblind and it seems like the answer is yes.
    That would work except we're talking about Battlefield... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Broads.ie

Oh my bad. Epic fail. Or is that a facepalm?

Meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

I think a facepalm would suffice. I would thank you but I haven't enough posts! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

profitius wrote: »
    Multiplayer is unplayable for me because its impossible to tell who is with or against me. All I see are loads of colours.

I just went up a stair and their was a sniper on the roof in front of me. I passed him thinking he was on my team but he turned around and killed me. Its very frustrating. Treyarch has a colourblind option in their COD games which makes them much more enjoyable to play.
    I feel your pain :(
    Not great with the colours myself.
    I'm forever shooting at team-mates because I can't see the triangle over their head against certain backgrounds.
    The underground in Metro is the worst for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Same here, huge disadvantage, I normally just shoot everything that moves. The option in Black Ops was definitely a help. How hard could it be to introduce different colours over the enemies head.:mad:

Here's a discussion on reddit about it

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/lovxa/the_plight_of_a_colorblind_battlefield_3_player/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭P H A 7V T O M

Perhaps there's an option in your TV settings to help? :S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Same complaints were raised in BC2 and DICE implemented a colour blind option. Id say they will implement it but you may have to wait a few months

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm also colourblind but I obviously have a milder condition than what you are suffering from. In the beta the coloured markers were unseeable for me, and in the final release they've redone the colour markers, I can see everything fairly clearly now, but not perfect.

I still yearn for a colourblindness option though. It was badly needed in BC2 and DICE duly delivered. I expect the same for BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

For me the colours over the heads of those in my squad and those who are enemies are so close that I can't tell the difference unless I concentrate, in a game which is about quick reactions this is pretty fcuking detrimental and leads me to really dislike it. Why not just put red or some other obvious colour?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Krieg wrote: »
    Same complaints were raised in BC2 and DICE implemented a colour blind option. Id say they will implement it but you may have to wait a few months

We had a clan member who's color blind and he was bitching about BC2 saying it was very hard to make out people.
    I asked him why he wasn't using the color blind option and he never even knew about it :)
    Made a massive difference for him...sorry I told him afterwards as he started killing everything left,right and center.
    So I can't see why DICE couldn't implement this in BF3...
    I mean..how fúckin dumb are they? They was asked to patch it into BC2 and they didn't think it necessary for BF3? The mind boggles..

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Enderman wrote: »
    I'm also colourblind but I obviously have a milder condition than what you are suffering from. In the beta the coloured markers were unseeable for me, and in the final release they've redone the colour markers, I can see everything fairly clearly now, but not perfect.

I still yearn for a colourblindness option though. It was badly needed in BC2 and DICE duly delivered. I expect the same for BF3

Damn, I newer knew we got so many color blind people here. I newer knew you are too m8.

I am really surprised as you do really good as sniper in bf3!

Dice should have that option so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

If a colourblind option is brought in I hope they don't ignore consoles like they did with Bad Company 2.

I can't understand why it's not on the pc for this one after having to patch it into the last one,doesn't make sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

If you see colours then why do you need a colourblind option? eh? ehhh????

:D:D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dermighty wrote: »
    If you see colours then why do you need a colourblind option? eh? ehhh????

:D:D

This post is so wrong on so many levels. It's crap like this that annoys the fcuk out of me. Just because you're colourblind doesn't mean you only see black and white. I know you're only joking but it just annoys me, I've gotten that crap all my life and whether its a joke or not, just bugs the hell out of me.

Problem with implementing colourblind options is that there's multiple forms of it. Myself have an issue distinguishing red/brown/orange/green and purple/pink/blue/grey. Other people have different impairments. What SHOULD be done is that the indicators and HUD should have colour sliders in the menu so that would cater for everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

My main complaint is that changing the colours is such an easy thing to do for the makers of the game. If the game sold 10 million units then that could be a few hundred thousand colourblind players.

My main complaint is that changing the colours is such an easy thing to do for the makers of the game. If the game sold 10 million units then that could be a few hundred thousand colourblind players.
    If you have a Twitter account, you should ask @Demize99, he's the gameplay designer at DICE and always answers fans questions. If they plan on making on update, he'll be sure to tell you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭KilOit

Color blind also, the option in bc2 was perfect for me. Really can't understand why they didn't implement it into this game.
    Pity since i feel pretty stupid shooting at my squad mates because i find it next to impossible to distinguish them from spotted enemy's.
    A very large portion of the male population have this type of colorblindness 6-7% making it over a 300 - 400 thousand players total that would have a problem with the greens, reds, yellow and orange.
    So yeah, Dice are pretty stupid for releasing it like this.

Just read this

"Fans have also been asking about colourblind mode and if will be incorporated any time soon. DICE responded, “we’re aware of this request and looking into it for future updates.” These updates have yet to be given a date but DICE promises “…SOON!! Please continue to be patient.”

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was looking in the various console commands, but didn't see anything. I'd say there'll be a console command before there's a menu option.

• Advertisement
Advertisement