Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Thread veins.

• 01-11-2011 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Sorry if this has being done to death already.....
    I have suffered for years with very unsightly thread veins on my thighs and lower legs,to the point where the only time I'll even consider wearing a skirt/dress is in Winter when I can wear thick black tights to hide them.I've finally decided that enough is enough and I'm going to get them treated.
    So my question(s): Is laser treatment the best way to go? Ball park cost? And can anyone recommend a treatment center in the Cork area.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I'm also interested to hear if anyone has had this done.

A much older friend had some on her ankles treated in the Blackrock Clinic (Dublin) and 2 things are worth mentioning: if you have them, you may get them again even after treatment and secondly, she can't use saunas or do anything like bikram yoga because of it. I don't know how much she paid but she said it was expensive.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭IsaMtq

I know there is a special makeup you can get that covers marks like these, a friend used to use it and it worked quite well, I think its available in chemists and its a set of different tones so you can blend to match your skin - i'd say it would work quite well on the legs.

I had awful broken blood vessels on my chest - really red and prominant and was recommened to see a surgeon to cut them off - i would have been left with a small scar - which i would have been happier with as that woule have been easier to conceal with makeup. I was waiting so long on an appointment and at the time was going for laser teeth whitening in the derma clinic and asked them about it. Well they blasted them away with laser and after 3 sessions totally gone. I was gobsmacked at how simple it was so I am now a laser fan and want the works, photorejuvination, laser hair removal. I also have thread veins on my leg but it dosn't bother me that much so thats last on my list.

If it is detracting from your confidence I think you should go for it, after researching it of course. All of the treatment places do free consultations so do the rounds and get all the info before you pick a place. I don't think the costs are exorbatant - for my chest area it was around €170.

Best of luck :)

Advertisement