Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going rate for childminder?

Options
  • 01-11-2011 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me the going rate for a childminder?

1. For the childminder coming to your house?
    2. Dropping the kid of to the childminder's house?
    3. For the childminder making food?
    4. For the childminder not making food?

This is for one child.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭jackben

hi, we pay 30euro per day (thats an 8 hour day or so). and thats for minding him,i supply the food nappies formula etc. but they say they can give them dinners etc if needed. i must say he gets excellent care.
    but i guess every child minder has there own prices etc.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It depends on your location .
    If you have a child minder coming to your house then they are your employee and minimum wage applies also you need to pay their prsi.
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me the going rate for a childminder?

1. For the childminder coming to your house?
    2. Dropping the kid of to the childminder's house?
    3. For the childminder making food?
    4. For the childminder not making food?

This is for one child.

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,000 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It depends on your location .
    If you have a child minder coming to your house then they are your employee and minimum wage applies also you need to pay their prsi.

I understand that. Just looking for some actual examples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

It depends on the age of the child also OP.

30e - 40e per day is probably the going rate for an average toddler/pre-schooler who can eat what the childminder provides in her own house. If you can, I wouldn't go down the road of providing your own food (unless the child has an allergy or similar of course) as it can be pretty stressful trying to plan out meals etc...It also depends on where you live. For example 30 - 40 is about average for a full day in Dublin, it might be cheaper outside Dublin.

For what it's worth, I pay 20e per day for afterschool care - she collects him from primary school, feeds him and he plays outside until I get home from work around 6pm. I've heard others paying about 15e per day for the same service, but I'm happy to stick with what I'm currently paying.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

700-800pm x 12 for a registered insured childminder in Dublin/Kildare incl food activities and snacks.
    The daily rate varies from 35- 50 depending on if it is casual or full time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement