Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much are full fees?

Options
  • 01-11-2011 11:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Im thinking of dropping out of my course, and I know now its too late to get a refund on my 1st semester fees, but if i dropped out before Xmas would I get my semester 2 fees back? Also, when I move course next year, how much would half full fees be? Even an approx figure would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

I'd imagine you would get the semester 2 fees back but I can't say for sure.
    Try the UCD fees page HERE and just find the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭OneOfThem Stumbled

FTS wrote: »
    Im thinking of dropping out of my course, and I know now its too late to get a refund on my 1st semester fees, but if i dropped out before Xmas would I get my semester 2 fees back? Also, when I move course next year, how much would half full fees be? Even an approx figure would be great, thanks.

Oh you don't mean full fees. :D

I imagine you mean EU fees (big difference).

I'd take a slightly random guess at around €5,000 - €6,000 which would be for the full year.

Yes, if you drop out before second semester or thereabouts you can recoup second semester free fees (i.e. your free fees for second semester will be unaffected in a re-application).

You should totally discuss this with your programme office

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭shygal

FTS wrote: »

same thing happened to me last year.I was in arts in maynooth and dropped out in december.

i applied to the cao and am now doing a course that i love in ucd.

you basically have to pay half tuition fees because your already well into your semester.

i had to pay around 4700 to ucd

2000e that everyone pays regardless
    158e everyone pays aswell
    2500e approx for Half tuition fees

its alot of money so be prepared come september,and its alot of free time on your hands so id advise you to keep yourself and your mind active (ie. have a hobby)

i wish you the best of luck,dropping out and doing my new course was the best thing i ever done:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Oh you don't mean full fees. :D

I imagine you mean EU fees (big difference).

I'd take a slightly random guess at around €5,000 - €6,000 which would be for the full year.

Yes, if you drop out before second semester or thereabouts you can recoup second semester free fees (i.e. your free fees for second semester will be unaffected in a re-application).

You should totally discuss this with your programme office

The link posted above by Conor has the EU fees for all courses in UCD, so he will know exactly what the fees are this year. They can change from year to year though.

So like shygal says above, it'll be half fees next year. You pay for Semester 1 on top of the usual fees that apply to everybody else. Expensive, but if it is what you really want OP, it'll be worth it in the long run.

Talk to your student advisor and programme office first. Then check in with fees and grants before withdrawing.

Advertisement