Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia N97

Options
  • 01-11-2011 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Saw a few of these cheap online.
    Have an iPhone as my main phone, just need one as a cheap yet relatively good second phone.

Are they worth getting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

They're ****e.

Desperately slow, with a poor OS imo.

I suppose it depends on how much they're going for. If they were cheap enough i suppose i'd be tempted for the storage or something. But other than that no.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stevendon

How cheap is cheap? The N97 is a couple of years old now, there are better phones out there.

they're bulky and the software could be better. The camera is good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭linfield

stevendon wrote: »
    How cheap is cheap? The N97 is a couple of years old now, there are better phones out there.

they're bulky and the software could be better. The camera is good though.

about €70-80.

I just need it as a personal phone for calls and texts really. I use the iphone as my work phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 stevendon

that's cheap enough! I would go for one at that price, providing it was a proper refurbished phone. If it is just a 2nd hand phone from a private seller, then I would be wary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'd be wary of used phones without a warranty. To many flaky phones around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

I was one of the suckers that ended up buying one of these when it came out.

After using android devices and IOS, it would be pretty difficult for me to go back to a N97, even as a back up phone.

Advertisement