Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A Company To Act as a Gobetween ? China

Options
  • 01-11-2011 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Im just wondering if there is any company or Agency in Ireland that acts as a intermideary,with regard company/manufacturers in China...for example say i wanted to source a manufacturer of Wheelbarrows in China and wanted say 100 wheelbarrows made and shipped to Ireland,is there a company here that can arrange such a Job,and put forward my questions with regards design and specifications on my behalf,,,,thanks for any info,,
    Or maybe a website that caters for the same in China,,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

elaverty wrote: »
    Im just wondering if there is any company or Agency in Ireland that acts as a intermideary,with regard company/manufacturers in China...for example say i wanted to source a manufacturer of Wheelbarrows in China and wanted say 100 wheelbarrows made and shipped to Ireland,is there a company here that can arrange such a Job,and put forward my questions with regards design and specifications on my behalf,,,,thanks for any info,,
    Or maybe a website that caters for the same in China,,

Hello Elaverty,

Yes, there are companies that will help you source products in China. The advantages are manifold. Least of all the fact that they speak the language, understand the culture and the way business is conducted in China, never mind the extensive databases that they have access to covering a very wide range of products accross a wide range of industries.

Will send you a PM with three options

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Cheers,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Off topic I'm afraid but is it really not possible to source the products that you require in Europe? I go out of my way to avoid buying Chinese made products - especially difficult at this time of year - as I feel that building China into a financial/military superpower is not in anybodys interest. :(

Off topic I'm afraid but is it really not possible to source the products that you require in Europe? I go out of my way to avoid buying Chinese made products - especially difficult at this time of year - as I feel that building China into a financial/military superpower is not in anybodys interest. :(

Hello Judgement Day,

a few observations ;

1) China is already a financial / military superpower, so that ship has well and truly sailed
    2) Ireland is exporting in excess of € 3Billion per annum which is a significant part of our overall exports. Granted we import aproximately € 2Billion per annum from China. However, in the context of overall trade we are exporting more than we are importing. In view of the economic situation, if the Chinese took the view that they would not buy any Irish manufactured products it would significantly hurt employment here in Ireland. Us deciding not to buy any chinese products, not so much ......:cool:

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

China is far from being a military super power but on its way.

Anyway, I'm interested in what you have to say about our exports to China - have you a link? What little manufactured goods Ireland presently produce will soon be made elsewhere and what will that leave us with - the so called 'Smart' economy which can also be done cheaper elsewhere. God help us - unless you can produce some links to put my mind at rest. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Off topic I'm afraid but is it really not possible to source the products that you require in Europe?
    Then you have to make sure you are not just paying a middleman for Chinese goods, there are clever ways to disguise it. Many will be made up of chinese components etc. too.

I might have a business card from a guy who does this service, will look tomorrow. I think you should contact enterprise Ireland too.

I am going to move this thread so it gets more views.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Pope John 11

RUDOLF289 wrote: »
    Hello Elaverty,

Yes, there are companies that will help you source products in China................

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Cheers,

Is it possible to post online rather than sending a PM to one person only. Afterall is this not the function of the boards.ie

Perhaps if we can draft up a list of different 'go-between' companies based on each persons experiences

Is it possible to post online rather than sending a PM to one person only. Afterall is this not the function of the boards.ie

Hello Pope John 11,

there are some commercial sensitivities involved.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

China is far from being a military super power but on its way.

Anyway, I'm interested in what you have to say about our exports to China - have you a link? What little manufactured goods Ireland presently produce will soon be made elsewhere and what will that leave us with - the so called 'Smart' economy which can also be done cheaper elsewhere. God help us - unless you can produce some links to put my mind at rest. :)

Hello Judgement day,

Have a look at the following links

http://www.ucd.ie/news/2011/07JUL11/270711-Strong-Ireland-China-relations-essential-for-economic-recovery-and-growth.html

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2011/0916/1224304193956.html

http://www.cso.ie/releasespublications/documents/external_trade/2011/extrade_may2011.pdf

If you study the CSO trade statistics you will note that Ireland exported € 89Billion worth of goods.

In the period January - May 2010 Ireland exported just short of € 1 Billion to China, which points to aprox € 2.5 Billion on an annual basis. On page 7 you will see an indication of the type of commodities involved.

Hope this satisfies your curiosity.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

RUDOLF289 wrote: »
    Hello Elaverty,

Yes, there are companies that will help you source products in China. The advantages are manifold. Least of all the fact that they speak the language, understand the culture and the way business is conducted in China, never mind the extensive databases that they have access to covering a very wide range of products accross a wide range of industries.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

Cheers,

Rudolf289, I would appreciate it if you could please send me on those three options too. I understand if this is commercial sensitive and not to post it online. Many thanks PJ 11

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭MyAmber.net

elaverty wrote: »
    Im just wondering if there is any company or Agency in Ireland that acts as a intermideary,with regard company/manufacturers in China (..)

Maybe try there: http://www.irelandchina.org/

Advertisement