Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laughton´s Flight

Options
  • 01-11-2011 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi everyone,

I´m looking for a photo of Laughton´s Flight, have a 6ys old gelding by this stallion.
    Hope you can help me.
    I am also interested in descriptions of other horses of this sire.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Some of his fillies tend to be waspy enough.used to hear that the worst horse you could buy was a chestnut mare by him with 4 white socks!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 glendalough breeze

Hi,
    thank you for the google link. I tried it before but there I just found pics of his children.
    Please clarify "waspy". I am German and I wonder if it is a good characteristic for a horse (might be or not....). My bay gelding without any markings is rather sensitive, can hardly forget bad experiences, but is eager to do everything in the right way. His exterieur is nearly perfect.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

waspy= moody and can be a bit bad tempered at times."Tell a gelding, ask a mare" most certainly true with these ladies.

Thanks a lot- I understand. So I can be happy to ride a gelding. But not all mares are waspy: I have a filly (thread "Glendalough Breeze") who has a marvellous temper.

• Advertisement

Hi, here some photos of GentleBob Giant (Bobby) by Laughton´s Flight/Kilgainy Queen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ADDON

A friend of mine has a gorgeous bay filly by Laughtons Flight out of a TB mare. WIth the market the way it is, and him being an "ordinary" lad without the network of dealer contacts, he is only being offered sh**e money. I keep telling him to hold on and get her backed and jumping. She is a beauty and should be sold as such..... Shame the market for horses has gone through the floor.... :(

Hi,
    Yes, you´re right. Break a young horse and it is better to purchase. Even in Germany horse market has become worse. There are too many horses and it is getting more expensive to finance them.

Advertisement