Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VLAN + OSPF CCENT questions

Options
  • 02-11-2011 12:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hello All,

I recently downloaded practice exam software and am a bit confused as to what can be asked on the ICND1 exam.

For instance there were quite a view questions about troubleshooting VLAN configuration. I wasn't expecting this as the study guide I used specifically said VLANs are not on the CCENT course (apart from the basic configuration of VLAN1).

Also there were questions regarding OSPF configuration. Again I was under the impression that I'd just need to know OSPF properties and not how to configure it in a network. The only routing protocol listed for configuration in the official Cisco exam topics is RIPv2.

The practice exam software seems a bit cheap (lots typos and illegible diagrams) so I'm wondering if it was lazily thrown together and some CCNA questions got mixed up in it. Or are these legit questions for the ICND1?

Thank in advance for your help.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

Who is the vendor?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Padaer09

iRock wrote: »
    Who is the vendor?
    <SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭funkyship

Hi Paedar,

I teach CCNA and Im 100% certain that ospf is NOT covered on ICND1. same with Vlan questions although you will need to know basic concepts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Padaer09

That's great to hear. Will hopefully being learning all about OSPF + VLAN configuration soon but with week to go before sitting the ICND1 I didn't want to have to take on new stuff.

Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

That material is cheating, contains real questions and answers and you can have your certification taken away for using it.

Its also against the charter here.

Cleaning and locking.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement