Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile

Options
  • 02-11-2011 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi,
    I ordered an iphone 4s from emobile last Tuesday and sent in supporting documents by email on Friday but haven't heard anything since. Just wondering has anyone received their order yet?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

they would have had a flood of applications last week - these would not have been processed over the bank holiday weekend - you'll probably hear something later this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Maental2000

I'm in the same boat. In fairness though, I only ordered it yesterday & emailed them the required documents today, but I thought it was rather bizarre that the auto-reply email that was sent to me was titled "Out of Office Auto Reply" and that just after midday. I haven't heard a thing since yet and I've noticed a lot of people giving out on their facebook page about similar issues :eek:
    I do hope it's just a case of it being a result of the long weekend & that things will get sorted in the next day or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 c08849200

I pre ordered last Tuesday and was told that it would be posted on friday and that I would receive it by tuesday (yesterday) called today and asked what the delay was and they told me that they were out of stock.

I went into an e mobile shop and they had plenty on sale so i called back and was told that they are "seperate companies"?

I know vodafone and o2 were sold out on release day because anyone who had pre-ordered was first to receive the phone! E mobile are a bunch of idiots.

They told me now I had to wait 2 weeks for the phone or else I could cancel it and buy it in the shop. Only problem is when I ordered it in October I get 3 months free on my bill.

If i was to buy it in the shop i wouldnt get that deal and they said they wouldnt make an exception for their stupid mistake.

Customer care were very cheaky as well saying that theres over 800 orders today that they have to deal with even though my order was from last week.

Also refused to put me on to a manager

Thinking of cancelling and going with meteor!

Anyone else having this problem with them or have you received your phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Colleen353

No, haven't got mine yet today - don't really fancy spending 20 mins on a phone to them either. Emobile .com had iphone4s in stock for a few days after I ordered it so it doesn't seem fair that we might have to wait another 2 weeks.:mad:

I literally just got a call back from there manager there...

She was very rude as was i to her staff member before for failing to put me on to a manager.

She said because of my "memorable" phone call complaint to her staff member she contacted the warehouse directly to make sure mine was going to be sent out so i would have it tomorrow

As for other pre orders she said they will still have to wait. Still thinking of cancelling due to their cheakiness.

Seems like they dont give a **** about their customers.

o2 and vodafone treated there pre ordering customers right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 Colleen353

Just rang them and in fairness the whole phone call lasted less than 10 mins and she said it had been dispatched so hopefully I'll have it by tomorrow :):):)

Hopefully, but i hope its not a sign of things to come...not impressed with their staff!

Most companies would offer something to keep their customers happy when they have f*'ed up, they didnt seem to care.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Staty away from emobile. They are toxic.....

Are you/were you with them? Whats so bad about them?

I know their customer service is shocking from today but anything else bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

c08849200 wrote: »

Thinking of cancelling and going with meteor!

You do know there the same company?

• Advertisement

I thought that e mobile just use meteors signal or something? They have seperate offices Id imagine ?

c08849200 wrote: »
    I thought that e mobile just use meteors signal or something? They have seperate offices Id imagine ?

eircom bought meteor a few years ago and then brought out emobile last year in order to gain market share with older people as meteor is generally perceived to be a teenage network. So although they have separate offices, they are effectively the same network just with different branding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,005 ✭✭✭kirving

I'd also be willing to guess that they share a call centre since all the background systems & software would be identical.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭muttley-dps

Just wondering if any of the orders placed on the 1st have been received yet? I also placed mine on Tuesday and no word yet, other than order number confirmation email and money gone from my account! Cheers

Just wondering if any of the orders placed on the 1st have been received yet? I also placed mine on Tuesday and no word yet, other than order number confirmation email and money gone from my account! Cheers

I placed mine on the 31st and haven't heard a thing yet. :mad:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I placed an order on 28th October. Got an automated order confirmation immediately, but have heard nothing since.

Not a good start to this relationship I think. Might even be time to reconsider going ahead?

p.s. I've been holding for customer service for over 20 mins now. This is not good.

p.p.s. my call eventually started "ringing" but 10 minutes later hadn't been answered. I'm losing patience already.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭mags16

I placed an order on the 2nd. Emailed a scan of the documents on the same day. Today I got a txt saying that they need documents. I can't get through to them on the phone.

It doesn't bode well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Check out this forum and also the one on emobile in the apple forum.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056150430&page=22

I got an email today advising mine will be posted on the week of the 21st.

Ordered on the 27th and provided docs on the 28th.

I ordered the white 32gb

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭muttley-dps

After logging feedback and a follow up phone call to sales team have been informed my phone is on the way. Last night I received a DPD tracking number for my order so looks as if it's on the way!
    Doesn't bode well. However, PMA and all that, hopefully once setup there will be no reason to be looking to contact them at all ... toch wood! Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Guys i went with e mobile myself

As a 19 year old they did not ask me to pay anything extra upfront just had to pay the 350 euro for the phone sold my old iphone 4 32GB for 380 euros they the day before i got my 4s so i made 30 euros by getting the new phone

So I ordered it on the thresday at about 8.30 in the morning sent the docs at about 11.30 then sent them again to the head of sales at 8.00 pm

Got A txt with my SO number on the Friday

Got a txt from DPD on monday evening

Got my phone on the Tuesday in my hand about 5 days from the day i ordered it

Very happy with e mobile on this where else where you going to get to get a deal from a 64GB 4s on a 12 month contact paying 64 eurios a month for untd everything and 3 months free line rental on top of that

Ok they cant port my old phone number but who cares they where a lot cheaper then what o2 where looking for and i would not go near 3 if you pay me

Anyway very happy with e mobile myself

• Advertisement

Guys i went with e mobile myself

As a 19 year old they did not ask me to pay anything extra upfront just had to pay the 350 euro for the phone sold my old iphone 4 32GB for 380 euros they the day before i got my 4s so i made 30 euros by getting the new phone

So I ordered it on the thresday at about 8.30 in the morning sent the docs at about 11.30 then sent them again to the head of sales at 8.00 pm

Got A txt with my SO number on the Friday

Got a txt from DPD on monday evening

Got my phone on the Tuesday in my hand about 5 days from the day i ordered it

Very happy with e mobile on this where else where you going to get to get a deal from a 64GB 4s on a 12 month contact paying 64 eurios a month for untd everything and 3 months free line rental on top of that

Ok they cant port my old phone number but who cares they where a lot cheaper then what o2 where looking for and i would not go near 3 if you pay me

Anyway very happy with e mobile myself

I'm glad to see a positive post, it gives me hope! But the isn't unlimited plan on a 12 month contract is €69 per month? It's €64 per month on the 18 month contract...

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭Rags

I'm in the same boat money gone from account right away but waiting 10 days emails not answered and tried calling but can't get through to an actual person.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭johntommy

Switched from meteor to e mobile a month ago. Was supposed to received 20 euro free call credit. After 5 phone calls to them, still havent got anything from them. The biggest mistake I ever made mobile phone wise was switching to them.
    Its 1 thing running out of phones, but to not give someone phone credit that every other phone company gives automatically is a joke.
    Anyone thinking of joining E mobile, dont!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lauracrehan

I am unable to make any calls. Every time I ring it just cuts out straight away. I am only with eMobile since nov 3rd and have had more problems than I dare to even imagine. Can someone please help me.

Advertisement