Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Following up a PhD interview?

Options
  • 02-11-2011 12:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭

I had a PhD interview yesterday week, the 24th of October. My friend interviewed for the same PhD and they told her everyone was being interviewed on that day. They said the usual "We'll be in touch" to me, so far nothing. It's been over a week now. I'm surprised we haven't heard yet, seeing as all the interviews were carried out on the Monday. Should I contact them with a follow-up email? If so, what should I say?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Should I contact them with a follow-up email?
    Did they state approximately when they would be in touch? If not, then I would say yes, fire off a quick email.
    If so, what should I say?
    That depends on the sort of rapport you established with your interviewer(s). But, I would say keep it short and sweet – let them know you’re still interested and ask when you can expect to hear from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Miss Olenska

djpbarry wrote: »
    Did they state approximately when they would be in touch? If not, then I would say yes, fire off a quick email.

Hiya, no they didn't, just "We'll be in touch".
    That depends on the sort of rapport you established with your interviewer(s). But, I would say keep it short and sweet – let them know you’re still interested and ask when you can expect to hear from them.

Yeah, think I will, I'm feckin' impatient now. :D Thank for your help.

Advertisement