Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostels in Milan & Rome

Options
  • 02-11-2011 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭

Hey!

I am doing a solo trip to Milan and Rome in December.
    Just wondering can anybody recommend any hostels to stay in?????

I'm looking for a central location so close to tourist routes and sights, not too shabby and preferably has a bit of a buzz about it etc, a bar would be great.

I know there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of hostels in these cities so if anyone can help that would be great. cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭mzoe

In Rome there are quite a few hostels and cheap hotels around Termini station. It is not the very center of the city, but quite convenient with good access to/from airports, train, metro, buses. At the same time the Colosseum, Historic Center, Spanish Steps, Borghese Park are all easy walking distance.
    I don't have a recommendation for a hostel, but you'll find them here with reviews etc:
    http://www.hostelworld.com/
    If you'd consider a cheap hotel - the difference might not be that much - Hotel Aquarium could be an option. I did a test and a single in mid-December came up for EUR 43.00, breakfast included.
    http://www.hotelaquarium.it/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,018 ✭✭✭lc180

A Hostel/Hotel in the Termini station area sounds like a good idea. I'll be arriving in Rome by train and will need a connection to the airport when leaving so I will definitely give it a look. Thanks!

Does anyone have any experience of hostels in this area???

Cheers

Especially any reviews on hostels in Milan! Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭mzoe

Sorry, can't help with Milan, but remembered another place at Rome Termini. Hotel Urbis, with rooms for around 50-60 euros, is another great budget option.
    http://hotelurbis.it/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭MOH

Remember being in Milan a few years ago and all the hostels I checked had curfews of midnight or earlier, seemed to be common to a lot of Italian cities.

Ended up getting a hotel in Milan instead, then had a blazing argument with them after I arrived back at 3am, spent 20 minutes ringing the doorbell regularly trying to get in, and they reluctantly let me in insisting they had told me when I checked in that they had a curfew, despite me having only stayed there because they hadn't.

Anyway, just something to watch out for.

• Advertisement

MOH wrote: »
    Remember being in Milan a few years ago and all the hostels I checked had curfews of midnight or earlier, seemed to be common to a lot of Italian cities.

Thanks for the info! It sounds crazy, never would have thought on it but I'll definitely keep an eye out for that now. Cheers

Advertisement