Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

visa query?

Options
  • 02-11-2011 2:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭

ok so im in perth and to be honest im in hell. im lonely and homesick and i left my girlfriend at home because shes in college and has 2 years left in her course. i think i made a mistake, i came out here with a friend and to be honest all i want is to go home. ive no shortage of money and could fly home tomorrow if i wanted but im gonna make myself stay at least another month so as not to make a rash decision ill regret. what im wondering now is im a month into a WHV and ive no regional work done, if i was to go home without completeing my 88 days can i never return or can i return in 2 years with my girlfriend and start from scratch and do my regional work as normal or is there any such programme available.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭jackbhoy

You can't return on a WHV I'm afraid. You could try sponsorship or skilled migration though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

if you do your 88 days specified work now you would be able to apply to come back on a 2nd year WHV anytime up to your 31st Birthday.

Worth doing the 3 months as you could be kicking yourself in a few years if your GF wanted to go for a year WHV after college.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

How long do you reckon your girlfriend will wait?

Be sure of what you want in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭cork2

thanks alot for yere replies, much appriciated! ive alot of thinking to do. i told her not to wait cant put your life on hold for a year or two like i wounldnt ask it of her it wouldnt be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

a guy i know, was going out with the wifes sister about 4-5mths, he and his mates had decided to go to oz prior to meeting her. so the date they had decided to go on was approaching and he decided he would go for the year and carry on with a long distance relationship. so first stop thailand for a few weeks and then on to oz. he was in an awfull state ringing her 2-3 times a day, when he got to oz he couldn't bear it any longer and after a total of about 4 weeks was on a flight home:eek:.
    now 2.5yrs on he is married, 2 kids, big mortgage, other random small loans, his job is very volitile, her job is very volitile, fairly broke, but he seems happy enough.
    i never asked him, if he knew then what was ahead of him, would he have been so keen to rush back?, must ask him sometime:rolleyes:
    but... yer wan was/still is fairly hot in all fairness:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭seamus1980

DONT come back to this dump ireland,i made the same mistake,OMG do i not regret it:(

Advertisement