Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family law judge beats own daughter for using the internet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

There's much better ways of dealing with all your hypothetical situations than beating the living ****e out of a child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,871 ✭✭✭Conor108

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭HazDanz

Delighted to see technology being used smartly to uncovering abuse like this.

What was the worse part about watching that was how the parents kept reminding her that it's her fault she's getting beat.

Fcuking sickos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

paddyandy wrote: »
    2.A BOY who hangs around with boys who steal to get drugs.

:D

paddyandy wrote:
    A good hiding can save the life of a child.The PC crowd don't want to hear of it.And when you demonstrate examples they will say...ah tha's differnt.

dead one, is that you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

1.A CHILD with a habit of running out on the street where there's traffic.
    3.A boy who climbs high walls and trees.
    4.A child who plays near farm machinery.
    5.A child who goes into rivers where currents are changeable
    6Many more ways that Children die each year and nobody must tell parents how to bring up their children but the patronising media are often trying to.

God help the boy who hangs around with boys who steal to get drugs atop high walls and trees near farm machinery driven into rivers where currents are changeable.

For the record, I received the wooden spoon when I really warranted it as achild.
    It may be a cliche but " It never did me any harm".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

A good hiding can save the life of a child.The PC crowd don't want to hear of it.And when you demonstrate examples they will say...ah tha's differnt.
    Ooh, one for the most idiotic things you've ever heard thread.
    What pray tell is PC about objecting to child abuse? Oh wait you don't know what the phrase means but you think it looks kinda clever. It really doesn't though.
    Sometimes a light smacking is in order as a last resort. God help your kids if you can't genuinely tell the difference between that and this abuse though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭FetchTheGin

6Many more ways that Children die each year and nobody must tell parents how to bring up their children but the patronising media are often trying to. Severe beatings for a girl should never happen (but i hav'nt seen the video)but for the dead boys of the last ten years it might have worked.The Media has been battling for the hearts and minds of children for decades and winning.Young money is the reason.

7. Grows up to troll internet forums.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Someone posted on youtube "The Aransas County Count Office posted that they are aware of this video and it is under investigation..."
    (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Wl9y3SIPt7o)

I certainly hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

SV wrote: »
    Hope he gets raped in jail.

Nothing like a bit o' aul rape to knock 'em down a peg of two!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Johnny D. Mudd

Surely you remember the phrase "Violence begets violence"? When you hit your children, you only teach them to rear their own young through physical intimidation. This method of parenting, uninterrupted, passes itself down from generation, eventually breeding disharmony and disfunction.

Besides, parenting through fear and intimidation may lead to well-behaved children but they will have undergone mental as well as physical trauma which ultimately skewers and distorts their world view-point. It also must be pointed out that a child who is intimidated either retreats into themselves, viewing the outside world as cold and violent, thereby minimising chances of developing loving and lasting relationships in the future, or rebels against a world that supposedly rejects them, using the violence that they themselves underwent and ultimately turns them into sociopaths who are intent on revenge on a society that showed them nothing but hate and violence. Think Ted Bundy or Jeffrey Dahmer.

At the end of the day, while parenting through physical intimidation turns out cowered, angry and bitter children who can barely function in a society that shuns them, parenting through use of encouragement and prompting produces children who become productive members of society, happy and more receptive of others. I certainly know which type of world I'd like to live in.

Update:
    A video of Aransas County Judge William Adams allegedly beating his disabled daughter is being investigated by the Rockport, Texas Police Department.

The investigation started last night, when the video was brought to the department's attention, Police Chief Tim Jayroe told IBTimes...

Jayroe cannot confirm that the man in the video is Judge Adams, and noted that there has never been a complaint filed against Adams in the past.

The Rockport police will "try to contact folks identified in the video to determine authenticity," Jayroe said, adding that they "don’t have the personnel to assign [anyone to the investigation] full time."

Jayoe has contacted the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas Rangers to help with the investigation.

Now we should see media run with the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭Artur Foden

Well I'm hardly going to hope for lovely things to happen to him.

Neither am I. Not to go off topic but this attitude that prison rape is just part of the justice system is disgusting. fortunately it is rare enough, probably non existent in this country

The man here is a monster and a coward. But we can't just sit here and decide which human rights to ignore for which people.

She's also disabled?

• Advertisement

He tells the girl ""Get on your stomach like a grown woman!"

WTF!!! :mad:

Dudess wrote: »
    She's also disabled?

Yep, Ataxic Cerebral Palsy. Which makes this all the more disturbing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Surely you remember the phrase "Violence begets violence"? When you hit your children, you only teach them to rear their own young through physical intimidation. This method of parenting, uninterrupted, passes itself down from generation, eventually breeding disharmony and disfunction..

Dealing in extremes (such as this case) yes. The odd slap on the arse is a completely different scenario.

That's just a horrible thing to hope for.

Well I'm hardly going to hope for lovely things to happen to him.
    Well it's not as if there are only lovely things and horrible things and nothing in between.

Biggins wrote: »
    He tells the girl ""Get on your stomach like a grown woman!"

WTF!!! :mad:
    I think it's the mom who said that. The man isn't the only monster it seems...

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

I do not withdraw anything in my comments...some of us would have been monsters back in the 50s but the trendy pc subversive notion of tolerance did not exist then so parents had no problems.Now they have awful problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

a judge being a pr*ck shocker

Makes it sound like she's been at the receiving end of a few herself. Wouldn't be suprised if there was a sexual element to the whole thing, disturbing as it sounds.

I do not withdraw anything in my comments...some of us would have been monsters back in the 50s but the trendy pc subversive notion of tolerance did not exist then so parents had no problems.Now they have awful problems.
    So you're saying you'd carry out an assault like the one in the video on your child?

a judge being a pr*ck shocker
    All judges beat their kids?

Comment from the person who uploaded the video:
    The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist

Just sayin'...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

parenting through physical intimidation turns out cowered, angry and bitter children who can barely function in a society that shuns them
    really? so that's it then? Anybody who lived through child abuse is fooked? glad I don't live in your world either mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭LeeHoffmann

The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video. The judge's wife has since left the marriage due to the abuse, which continues to this day, and has sincerely apologized and repented for her part and for allowing such a thing, long before this video was even revealed to exist
    doesn't excuse it imo. She's an adult. She had to know to get out or get help and not heap more abuse upon her child

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

So you're saying you'd carry out an assault like the one in the video on your child?
    Trying to put words in my mouth you are...you're not smart enough to do that.

prinz wrote: »
    Makes it sound like she's been at the receiving end of a few herself. Wouldn't be suprised if there was a sexual element to the whole thing, disturbing as it sounds.

Someone on Reddit.com brought that up too.
    They said:
    That's what I was feeling too...
    She turned over rather quickly for her mom...but she seemed to be afraid of something much worse than a spanking when her dad wanted her to turn around.

I don't know - I certainly hope not! Christ! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

6Many more ways that Children die each year and nobody must tell parents how to bring up their children but the patronising media are often trying to. Severe beatings for a girl should never happen (but i hav'nt seen the video)but for the dead boys of the last ten years it might have worked.The Media has been battling for the hearts and minds of children for decades and winning.Young money is the reason.

Wait, so severe beatings for boys is fine?

Trying to put words in my mouth you are...you're not smart enough to do that.
    But you made it clear that you advocate this sort of assault of children?

Funny how most of the country is outraged over institutional abuse here - I guess they're all PC and trendy and too tolerant also...

Dealing in extremes (such as this case) yes. The odd slap on the arse is a completely different scenario.

Oh yes obviously I'm with you on that but I would refer to cases where the violence used is excessive to the point of assault.

Well you're free to make those comments obviously, this being a forum and all but I will never in a million years agree with you on this point. Perhaps things were different back then but this kind of parenting brings its own inherent problems. While those children may have grown up to be proper adults, surely their innate response to violence would have been fuelled by the physical correction they experienced as children. Besides, the 50's was an entirely different generation. As the decades have gone, parenting has undergone a more understanding and sophisticated transition.

What you call "trendy pc subversive notion of tolerance", I call a system to ensure that children not only learn to appreciate the love and friendship of others but also patience, tolerance and understanding. Those last three attributes are harder to appreciate when your previous experience taught you that any bad action will be punished violently. At least the present-day method shows that they understand the consequences of such bad behaviour as it is explained to them. Through physical punishment they are taught that it's bad without realizing why it's bad.

As for them having awful problems, that is down to them as people and their unwillingness to become good people, not because they weren't beaten as kids. Besides, who's to say that those who are screwed up are so because their parents couldn't raise them correctly.

Snakeblood wrote: »
    Wait, so severe beatings for boys is fine?

Shoot all the bluejays you want...

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Troll harder, little boy.

really? so that's it then? Anybody who lived through child abuse is fooked? glad I don't live in your world either mate

Well my post actually pointed out that that is one of two ways that such violence can impact on a child. The other was that the child becomes cowered and distrusting of others. I'm not saying that this is absolutely what happens but it's fair to say that on some level, whether it is being slightly wary of others to being completely terrified or hostile to anyone they don't know, it's bound to have some effect on their psyche. Yes not every child who has been abused is irrecoverably damaged but it must be quite difficult to adapt to a normal life.

Not that I'm a good judge on that or anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Biggins wrote: »
    Someone on Reddit.com brought that up too.
    They said:

I don't know - I certainly hope not! Christ! :(

Jumping to conclusions I think. The blows from her father would have been much worse than her mother so its only logical the child would more readily comply with her mother than turn her back on her father knowing how painful it would be.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

MungBean wrote: »
    Jumping to conclusions I think. The blows from her father would have been much worse than her mother so its only logical the child would more readily comply with her mother than turn her back on her father knowing how painful it would be.

Hopefully thats all it is and nothing worse happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

Shoot all the bluejays you want...

Are you agreeing with the sentiment, Prinz?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭ILikeBananas

This case is a fascinating example of the internet. 24 hours ago there was nothing up. Then she uploaded a video to youtube and posted it on reddit. This morning it was all over the forums and twitter. This afternoon it's on the daily mail. By tonight it'll probably be on television. The police are investigating and her father is the most hated man on the internet. Good job!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Why stop at kids let's belt adults too when they do something stupid or dangerous, might save their lives as you say.

Or is it only ok to hit kids because they won't belt you back.

Damn media looking for young money - if it weren't for the media, things would still be sweet, and people could batter their boys senseless.

strobe wrote: »
    Are you agreeing with the sentiment, Prinz?

That it's ok to severly beat a male child but not a female child? No I am not agreeing with that.

• Advertisement

Her body position to deal with the blows is one thing. Telling a teenage girl essentially to 'bend over and take it like a woman' is something very different.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Why stop at kids let's belt adults too when they do something stupid or dangerous, might save their lives as you say.

Or is it only ok to hit kids because they won't belt you back.

Exactly what I was thinking, the man is nothing but a bully.
    At 1.40-2.00 in the video he is very angry, it has nothing to do with discipline, he just wants to hurt her, and take his anger out on her. 100% bully.

If a fully grown adult man annoyed him or didnt do what he said, would he react like this if he was angry? No.

There is never a reason for a fully grown adult to strike a child, and I include wooden spoon and slap on the arse. Adults are too strong and the pain they inflict is way too much. There are much better ways to teach children lessons!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭whitesands

Why don't you keep your worthless opinion to yourself? you stated you didn't watch it so your coming across as someone either very dumb or your a child abuser.

Which is it?

Her body position to deal with the blows is one thing. Telling a teenage girl essentially to 'bend over and take it like a woman' is something very different.
    But the dad didn't say it. I agree it was a weird thing to say, but it would be unwise to read anything else into it.

whitesands wrote: »
    Why don't you keep your worthless opinion to yourself? you stated you didn't watch it so your coming across as someone either very dumb or your a child abuser.

Which is it?

A troll.

• Advertisement
Advertisement