Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Family law judge beats own daughter for using the internet

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭wonderfulname

Another update, the video is real, the judge is a douche;
    Judge: Abuse of Disabled Daughter ‘Not as Bad as It Looks on Tape’

Judge William Adams—who became Internet Enemy No. 1 last night following the publication of a video showing him beating his disabled daughter—has spoken. He wants everyone to know that he apologized. And that the beating was "not as bad as it looks on tape."
    The thing is,"not as bad as it looks" would still be really bad. According to KRIS-TV's Andy Liscano:

Judge Adams told us, "It happened years ago.. I apologized."

When asked if he thought the conduct in the video was excessive, Judge Adams said, "It's not as bad as it looks on tape."

Judge Adams also informed us he has already contacted the Judicial Review in Austin and "more will come out" during the investigation.

Judicial Review isn't the only thing he has to deal with, either: According to the Aransas County website, "the matter is now under review by the Police Department"—all thanks to Hillary Adams, who recorded and uploaded the video of herself being beaten, and the internet vigilantes who saw the video, shared it, and contacted authorities.

Of course, internet vigilantism brings with it a lot of extra baggage. Poor beleaguered county employees are also asking—begging—that even the well-intentioned "[p]lease refrain from communication with County offices or the Sheriff's Department on this matter until the review has been completed."

KRZ-TV's Keaton Fox reports that courthouse staffers are "getting death threats." Even Hillary is asking that people "stop threatening her father"—who, she says, "needs professional help and not hatred."

EDIT: linky

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

paddyandy wrote: »
    I do not withdraw anything in my comments...some of us would have been monsters back in the 50s but the trendy pc subversive notion of tolerance did not exist then so parents had no problems.Now they have awful problems.

Yawn yawn ****ing yawn.

Do you ever get sick of your own act?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭markesmith

The powerlessness that a young victim feels in a situation like this is something that too many of us know too well, unfortunately. That was shocking, and brought back some bad memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Can't understand why people are making excuses for the mother. She was no different to the father.

MagicSean wrote: »
    Can't understand why people are making excuses for the mother. She was no different to the father.
    If you're referring to me I merely quoted the daughter on it, I'd imagine she knows better than you or I. She is currently calling out for people to stop ragging on her dad and all;
    Please spread the word that my father needs professional help and not hatred. We can offer him the tools to be a better person.
    Now surely if the victim can manage to think rationally and put away the pitchfork then anyone who before this never knew who any of these people were should be able to manage the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

wouldent suprise me down in texas there a strange breed down there :eek:
    terrible thing though i hope the daughter is ok now id say she is glad to be away from that soab

the judge and his wife should be sentenced to 200 lashes each in public and then 12months solitary confinment in pitch dark cells then on relese have their wrists smashed so they will heal badley and they can never use their hands properley again

If you can't trust judiciary, who can you trust these days?
    thats exatly it you cant trust anyone these days or any days not even judicary

the judge and his wife should be sentenced to 200 lashes each in public and then 12months solitary confinment in pitch dark cells then on relese have their wrists smashed so they will heal badley and they can never use their hands properley again

I was looking at the daughters twitter earlier and someone has offered to do a feature length program on getting the dad the "therapy he needs"*, this along the lines of what you're after?

*paraphrasing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

If you can't trust judiciary, who can you trust these days?
    thats exatly it you cant trust anyone these days or any days not even judicary

You really need to learn to multi-quote.

It's handy

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Just an update...
    A FAMILY AT WAR

Hillary Adams: 'It did happen regularly for a period of time, and I could tell because of the pattern that things were escalating again, so I set up my video camera on the dresser and covered the little red light with a scarf.'

Hallie Adams: 'I was completely brainwashed and controlled. When I leave the room he is telling me what to say, what to do.'

William Adams: 'It looks worse than it is.'
    JUDGE ADAMS: 'A CHILD'S TESTIMONY SHOULD BE IGNORED'

The video footage of Judge William Adams physically abusing his daughter has brought under scrutiny child protection cases he has worked on in the past.
    Witnesses who attended a courtroom trial of Judge Adams on October 11 last year claimed that the judge agreed with a lawyer who had argued that 'a child's statements amounted to no evidence' and they are 'fantasizers'.
    The case involved the custody of a six-year-old child who is said to have suffered 'horrific abuse'.
    According to the blog, A Child's Voice, despite the child's statements being confirmed by independent third party witnesses and the young person being interviewed by a child psychologist, Judge Adams concluded that children's testimony should be ignored
    The mother of the disabled girl who posted a horrific video of her family judge father lashing her with a belt online, spoke for the first time today to reveal that she had been hiding her husband's 'secret of addiction for a long time'.
    Hallie Adams appeared alongside her daughter Hillary in a TV interview in which they both described years of abuse in their 'dysfunctional' family and Hillary revealed her father had dared her to post the video online.
    Judge William Adams, of Rockport in Aransas County, Texas, faces a police investigation and a judicial probe after his daughter uploaded to YouTube last week a secretly-filmed video - taken in 2004 when she was 16 - of him beating her with a belt 20 times.
    The sheriff's department said in a statement today that the matter is 'under review' but had no further updates at this time.

According to Judge Burt Mills, the senior judge in the county to whom he reports, Adams was relieved of his court duties for the next two weeks and his cases passed to another judge while inquiries are carried out.

Neither the police nor the judge has responded to requests for additional comments from MailOnline.
    Today her mother, who also appeared in the video, tried to explain why she too had hit her daughter and stood aside to let her husband attack.
    She said: 'My answer to you and to the world is something that I've been hiding for a very long time is a family secret and that's addiction.'
    When asked if she has an addiction, the mother said no but when asked if her ex-husband did, she told the interviewer: 'Yes sir.'
    She offered no further explanation as to what the addiction might be.

Hallie Adams added: 'I lived in an environment of dysfunction and it steadily got worse. I did leave him... but he shamed me into going back.'
    Hillary Adams, now 23, said she had forgiven her mother and did not regret making the video public. It has now been viewed more than a million times.

'We're very close now,' Hillary said.
    'When I showed her the video, she started crying, hasn't stopped apologizing, and I forgive her because she knows everything that happened.'
    Speaking to the Today show, she said: 'I told him I had the video... and he dared me to post it.'

Judge Adams, who presides mainly over cases involving children, remained unrepentant.
    He said: 'In my mind I haven't done anything wrong other than discipline my child after she was caught stealing and I did lose my temper but I've since apologized. It looks worse than it is.
    'There is a story and it will come out in due time.'

He is unlikely to face criminal charges after authorities said that the statute of limitations for causing bodily injury to a child is five years. The incident occurred seven years ago.
    Hillary Adams was asked by the Today Show how she felt about the ordeal she had suffered now.
    Miss Adams said: 'I've experience everything from crying about it to laughing.
    'There are so many emotions and sometimes it's like reliving it and it sometimes it's like watching it from a completely third-person point of view. It's really impossible to put all that into words.
    She added: 'It did happen regularly for a period of time, and I could tell because of the pattern that things were escalating again, so I set up my video camera on the dresser and covered the little red light with a scarf.
    'About half an hour after I set the camera up this happened and it was amazing that I was able to capture such a thing.'
    Miss Adams explained that she waited seven years to release the video because she feared for her safety and that of her mother and younger sister.

'Back then I was still a minor and living under his roof and releasing it then... I don't know what would have happened to me or my mother or my little sister, so waiting until today seven years later has enabled me to pull away and be able to distance myself from the consequences.'

The 23-year-old added that there was no one incident that caused her to post the tape but simply enduring abuse from her father over many years.
    'It was the straw that broke the camel's back. It wasn't any, you know, huge happening or anything. I just told him I had the video and he didn't seem to think anything of it and basically dared me to post it.'
    The interviewer turns to Hillary's mother Hallie, who has been divorced from Judge Adams for four years, and asks her why she also hit her daughter with a belt.
    She responded: 'That's a good question and that's what I had to ask myself. I didn't know about the video until, well, this past April. And this past weekend was the first time I saw it. My answer to you and to the world is something that I've been hiding for a very long time is a family secret and that's addiction.'

Hallie Adams continued: 'I was completely brainwashed and controlled. I did every single thing that he did. When I leave the room he is telling me what to say, what to do.'
    The video, entitled 'Family law judge beats own daughter for using the internet, please spread', shows the motive for the attack was because Miss Adams, who suffers from cerebral palsy, had been caught downloading music to the computer in her bedroom.
    In the footage, Judge Adams can be seen delivering around ten powerful strikes across his daughter's legs and backside. His wife then grabs the belt from him to take over, at which point he walks out only to return moments later with another belt so he can continue beating her.

On the seven-minute long clip, as his daughter begs him to stop he can be heard snarling: 'Bend over the f***ing bed.
    'Lay down or I'll spank you in the f***ing face.'
    In total the girl receives 20 hard lashes from her father and one from her mother.
    The mother screams: 'You turn over like a 16-year-old and take it like a grown woman.'
    As the child lies crying on her bed, her father shouts: 'Do you want to put some more computer games on? Are you happy disobeying your parents?
    'You don't deserve to be in this f***ing house. What happened to you Hillary?'
    'If I hear so much as you raising your f***ing voice to me or your mother with the wrong tone or do one little thing or you look at me f***ing wrong, I'm going to wear your f***ing a** out with this belt.'
    The shocking footage appeared to have been filmed on a webcam set up in the bedroom and dates from 2004 but only became public on October 27.
    Judge Adams said that he informed the Judicial Review board himself after seeing the video had been posted online by his daughter.
    The Texas Commission on Judicial Conduct said it has been flooded with demands to remove Judge Adams from the bench.
    Hallie Adams posted on Facebook an emotional plea to her husband to end the abuse.

She wrote: 'I am praying for my daughters and me and my family to heal in all ways from emotional and physical abuse, for the current and continuing abuse of my children and me that has been ongoing to end.'
    Police Chief Tim Jayroe, of Rockport, Texas, said an investigation had been launched into Judge Adams after they were swamped with phone calls from all over the world when the film swept across the Internet. However he admitted it was difficult to determine when a line had been crossed.
    Chief Jayroe said: 'By state law a person has a right to discipline their children to a point, but not to the point that you cause serious bodily injury to a child.
    The senior officer added that Judge Adams has left the Texas town of Rockport and a note outside the courthouse said his hearings had been cancelled.

As a result of the furore, the video was being examined by the District Attorney and previous controversial judgements Judge Adams made in cases involving children have come to light.
    In a court judgement last October, Judge Adams said that a child's statements 'amounted to no evidence' despite the fact the child's words had been confirmed by third party witnesses and recorded on video several times. The young person had also been interviewed by a child psychologist who believed the child.
    Judge Adams also agreed with a lawyer who claimed all children are 'fantasizers' and their testimony should just be ignored.

The footage gained speed with the video trending on Twitter and has been viewed a million times. A Facebook page entitled Don't Re-Elect Judge William Adams that was set up two days ago now has almost 20,000 followers.

From her Twitter account, Hillary Adams tweeted: 'Please spread the word that my father needs professional help and not hatred. We can offer him the tools to be a better person.
    'It is my wish that people stop threatening my father and start offering professional help. That is what he really needs.'
    Judge Adam's senior colleague County Judge C.H. 'Burts' Mills told MailOnline that Judge Adams was not currently at work and had not presided over any trials this week.
    Miss Adams, who has suffered from ataxic cerebral palsy from birth, said her condition causes problems including difficulty with balance, shaky movements of hands or feet, and difficulty with speech.
    The video has incited fury on twitter with dozens posting their disgust.
    @Johnny_Ads wrote: oh my god. what a disgusting video. im shocked. poor girl - what repulsive parents. Shame on them.
    And @eschaton added: I hope this exposure gets him sent to prison for a good, long time.
    Before the identity of the man in the video was known several people took to the Internet to name and shame the judge.
    One post from a J. Andre Bardin, who claims to be one of Hillary's friends, reads: 'I know in the article you say you cannot confirm the man in the video is him, but I can. It's him.
    'That's his voice, that's his mannerisms, and that is his house.'

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2056582/Judge-William-Adams-beats-disabled-daughter-Hillary-16-YouTube-video.html#ixzz1cfslerFj

Frankly - the man sounds like a right asshole anyway!
    He should not be in the job he is in, with his views alone on children testifying!

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Meirleach

I'll be honest I could barely watch any of the video, absolutely sickening. Guy needs to be locked up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Coward of a man, that's all he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭FootShooter

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/45146781#45146781

Interview with the daughter and mom. Looks like he's not getting any punishment from the police because it happened more than 5 years ago...Hopefully he'll be forced out of his job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Lavezzi

Honestly, I don't know what the big deal is, quite honestly. I was disciplined a lot by my father when I was a kid, and I turned out fine in the end. Nowadays, if you even touch your kid, the Child protective services will haul your ass to prison. What a joke! And you wonder why we have so many narcissistic, pampered, self entitled little ****s these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Lavezzi wrote: »
    Honestly, I don't know what the big deal is, quite honestly. I was disciplined a lot by my father when I was a kid, and I turned out fine in the end. Nowadays, if you even touch your kid, the Child protective services will haul your ass to prison. What a joke! And you wonder why we have so many narcissistic, pampered, self entitled little ****s these days.
    Nice try, but your kindred spirit paddyandy beat ya to it with that trolling fail. :)

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

There is possibly another agenda here...He's a judge...understand?

When I grow up I want to be that tough..

Clown deserves a hammering.

You are quite right Levizzi the young lady went from being a nice young Lady to being A Liar and a thief so the class thing kicks in especially from people who don't like Judges.
    The Girls Mother should have done the disciplining though not the father.The Kids are way out of control these days with the parents very distressed and the media always offering confusing arguments.It was much simpler years ago and parents had no problems with kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,559 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Sure the statute of limitations may be up for this case *BUT* it may now be open season on any of his judgements made in the past 8 years.

You are quite right Levizzi the young lady went from being a nice young Lady to being A Liar and a thief so the class thing kicks in especially from people who don't like Judges.
    The Girls Mother should have done the disciplining though not the father.The Kids are way out of control these days with the parents very distressed and the media always offering confusing arguments.It was much simpler years ago and parents had no problems with kids.
    So you DO advocate beatings of that magnitude being inflicted on children.

I would not tell anyone how to discipline their children since that is their business and dud ess do you know better than they????He's a Judge he sees the problems in Society and the cause of them all the time.The Stick spoke a language that all boys understood years ago when warnings have first being given and ignored.Yes the Good Hiding is your only man.It has saved lives as i said in earlier posts on this thread.Read them again and quote me correctly!!!!Buying the Young Fellah a new xbox or mobile phone does'nt always solve the problem.Parents are like servants these days in some households paying their kids protection money.
    What is your solution ???????????

Yep, he beat her and intimidated her and screamed abuse at her - he's a sadistic bastard, nothing else. That you'd agree with his approach says a lot about you - and nobody said that the only alternative is buying a XBox or mobile phone.

Get a life instead of trolling.

What is your solution ...what is your alternative panacea for people who ignore warnings about their behaviour?????? I DID NOT AGREE WITH HIS APPROACH. Please read my posts thoughtfully and please quote me correctly also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

What is your solution ...what is your alternative panacea for people who ignore warnings about their behaviour?????? I DID NOT AGREE WITH HIS APPROACH. Please read my posts thoughtfully and please quote me correctly also.

I would've taken the PC off her which would've had a better impression on her than flittering the shìte out of her.

She's a girl who seems to be big into technology so that would've made her think twice about listening to her parents.

• Advertisement

You said you do agree with his approach - no point in lying now. That it's PC and too liberal to disagree with it - oh and what else, that tolerance is a bad thing. And all the other retarded, weird tripe.
    And surely you're not suggesting there's no alternative punishment to what the brute meted out to his disabled daughter.
    Load of sh1te. People like you with your trolling trivialise the plight of children who are being abused. :mad:

Taking the PC off her still leaves her parents with a Thief and A liar in the home so removing the computer does'nt change that .

The psycho father only said she's a thief - where's the guarantee it's true? Also, anyone who thinks what she did was really serious - needs help/to get out more.

Taking the PC off her still leaves her parents with a Thief and A liar in the home so removing the computer does'nt change that .

Beating her senseless still leaves her parents with a Thief and A liar in the home so beating her with a belt doesn't change that. The thief claim comes from her downloading music, which in one way or another many, many people do nowadays. It was more about disrespecting him.

We've all done stupid things / disrespected our parents in some way. Whatever about slapping or what-not, beating your child with that kind of force and anger should never be tolerated.

As i've suspected i'm dealing with children here ?? I wish i'd known how can know but some day when you grow up you too might be faced with a similar state of affairs in you're home. They should put some sign of age sign beside posters username i must mention it.It's difficult to tell .

• Advertisement

So, how would you deal with a thief and a liar who downloaded mp3s and games?

Haul them off to the cops?

If my kid was messing about with their PC in ways they shouldn't be then they've revoked the right to use it. Only when they've proven that they've learnt their lesson could they possibly get it back.
    paddyandy wrote:
    some day when you grow up you too might be faced with a similar state of affairs in you're home

You know nothing about my personal life, don't make ill judgements when you don't as I'm not making towards you.

33. And not an advocate of child abuse like you are. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Bang out of order. Dont know how a parent can do that to their child. I got the belt a few times when I was younger and to this day I resent my father for it. Wasnt so much the pain as the humiliation. Horrible thing to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

This video makes me lose more faith in mankind than I have already lost. I am utterly speechless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Sure the statute of limitations may be up for this case *BUT* it may now be open season on any of his judgements made in the past 8 years.
    Not sure if that's a good or bad thing - hopefully the miscarriages of justice will be looked at but on the other hand cases where truly guilty people were tried could have their convictions quashed.

Probably one of the most chilling things I've seen, I haven't watched the video fully from start to finish but flicked forward mostly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭Thomas828

That guy's a sicko. How he ever came to be a judge in the first place is beyond me. A family judge, yet!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭nicechick!

What doesn't sit well with me is the mother! Personally I think both parents are brutes!! :eek: I wouldn't be so easy to forgive my mother if she left me in a situation like that she was 15 or so this must have been after years of similar situations

Both are guilty of abuse :mad: horrific

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Whahey!

Thats absolutly terrible. :(

They should be locked up for that, n the key thrown away.
    shockin stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Chop off her hands and rip out her tongue?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

So is the video real then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Dodd

Wolfe Tone wrote: »
    So is the video real then?
    Yep.

http://vimeo.com/31552665

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

A good hiding can save the life of a child.The PC crowd don't want to hear of it.And when you demonstrate examples they will say...ah tha's differnt.

Ridiculous!
    A good hiding from a parent who is supposed to be there to guide their children and protect them is just wrong, no two ways about it.
    1.A CHILD with a habit of running out on the street where there's traffic.
    2.A BOY who hangs around with boys who steal to get drugs.
    3.A boy who climbs high walls and trees.
    4.A child who plays near farm machinery.
    5.A child who goes into rivers where currents are changeable
    6Many more ways that Children die each year and nobody must tell parents how to bring up their children but the patronising media are often trying to. Severe beatings for a girl should never happen (but i hav'nt seen the video)but for the dead boys of the last ten years it might have worked.The Media has been battling for the hearts and minds of children for decades and winning.Young money is the reason.

You should not be posting in this thread, see the bolded part of your post.
    I do not withdraw anything in my comments...some of us would have been monsters back in the 50s but the trendy pc subversive notion of tolerance did not exist then so parents had no problems.Now they have awful problems.

You are either very young, very naive or trolling!

I know which one my money is on.
    Trying to put words in my mouth you are...you're not smart enough to do that.

See, trolling!

A naive troll but still a troll.
    As i've suspected i'm dealing with children here ?? I wish i'd known how can know but some day when you grow up you too might be faced with a similar state of affairs in you're home. They should put some sign of age sign beside posters username i must mention it.It's difficult to tell .

Thankfully we don't need a troll sign beside posters usernames, they out themselves.

Do Not Post in this thread again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

I don't think he is very young, the opposite in fact.

Holding unpopular opinions does not make one a troll (In this case I think his beliefs are genuine, which in some peoples mind is worse than a simple troll!)

I have to say, it's pathetic how anyone who doesn't coincide with popular opinion is called a troll and how everyone rides the PC train by making false assumptions and twisting words around knowing they won't be called out for it because they're bahing along with all the other sheeple. Liberal fascism at it's finest.

No sane person will argue the fact it was harsh. But not so harsh that you sheeple or the state should have the right to input your say in how he disciplines HIS children.

It's a classic case of liberal sheeple imagining we are living in a perfect world. Disciplining your children is essential because it takes away some of their power when they perceive they have too much of it, producing more humble disciplined individuals. One of the reasons we have so many egotistical fools nowadays in the West is because they were never disciplined properly or at all as children.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

Hot Lips wrote: »
    Ridiculous!
    A good hiding from a parent who is supposed to be there to guide their children and protect them is just wrong, no two ways about it.

You should not be posting in this thread, see the bolded part of your post.

You are either very young, very naive or trolling!

I know which one my money is on.

See, trolling!

A naive troll but still a troll.

Thankfully we don't need a troll sign beside posters usernames, they out themselves.

Do Not Post in this thread again.

What a disgraceful post especially from a mod.You did not even try to validate any of the points you quoted you continuously just accused him trolling.Just because he does not agree to your view point does not mean he is trolling

Oh you got in liberal, sheeple and PC - you must feel so intelligent. People who express unpopular opinions aren't trolls, people who troll are trolls. Now, this thread is purely about the abuse carried out by that man, not discipline in general, so people can criticise it all they want without getting insults thrown at them, and damn right they can comment that the man has no right to raise his disabled kid that way.
    What's PC or liberal or sheeple about being appalled by the abuse? You just have to say them even when they're not relevant is it? You don't appear to know what they mean. Sheeple are people who disagree with child abuse - yep, whatever. You keep telling yourself that. Nobody said kids don't need discipline, but there's a difference between discipline and extreme intimidation.

And the state shouldn't have a say when someone abuses their kid? Sure. Lol at the defence of that poster - you're very gullible. It's plain as day he's a wind-up merchant, have a look at his posting history.

Defending the abuse of that kid - you must be so proud of yourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Lavezzi wrote: »
    I have to say, it's pathetic how anyone who doesn't coincide with popular opinion is called a troll and how everyone rides the PC train by making false assumptions and twisting words around knowing they won't be called out for it because they're bahing along with all the other sheeple. Liberal fascism at it's finest.

No sane person will argue the fact it was harsh. But not so harsh that you sheeple or the state should have the right to input your say in how he disciplines HIS children.

It's a classic case of liberal sheeple imagining we are living in a perfect world. Disciplining your children is essential because it takes away some of their power when they perceive they have too much of it, producing more humble disciplined individuals. One of the reasons we have so many egotistical fools nowadays in the West is because they were never disciplined properly or at all as children.
    Harsh? That was abuse. Only a small little man would do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Dudess wrote: »
    So you DO advocate beatings of that magnitude being inflicted on children.

I dont.

I am fairly sure children cannot repel beatings of that magnitude.
    The only options they would have in that situation is to take evasive action.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

So Jockeys were reprimanded lately about the use of a whip on a horse, yet this whipping is defined as discipline?

The world's gone crazy.

• Advertisement

So Jockeys were reprimanded lately about the use of a whip on a horse, yet this whipping is defined as discipline?

The world's gone crazy.

What do you mean "the world"? 99% of people in the thread deeply condemned it :confused:

Advertisement