Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

the flailing looks lol, no you can't swap. you can repick though.

tempted by this mousemat:

http://i.imgur.com/ek8kN.jpg

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm also having serious issues with the game, notably colourblindness. I'm colourblind and the colourblind option doesn't do anything at all for me. I spent 3/4 matches trying to distinguish different things on the map and the minimap. Does not like :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

How the hell do you bring up the console, the default nor changed button work for me ?
    Also, from googling i found that you werent able to set the middle mouse button to do anything. Is this still the case ?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

I get my laptop back tomorrow, woooo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Spunge wrote: »
    How the hell do you bring up the console, the default nor changed button work for me ?
    Also, from googling i found that you werent able to set the middle mouse button to do anything. Is this still the case ?
    Cant bind that no.

enable console in launch options, comes up on launch of the game.
    GO_Bear wrote: »
    I get my laptop back tomorrow, woooo

FINALLY. I'd have built one out of toasters by now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

I'm also having serious issues with the game, notably colourblindness. I'm colourblind and the colourblind option doesn't do anything at all for me. I spent 3/4 matches trying to distinguish different things on the map and the minimap. Does not like :(

Hmm interesting, perhaps the system to aid those who are colour-blind has not been implemented fully yet.

If I were you I would drop a note to the Dota 2 team. They could be looking for some people to give them feedback on that specific issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm fairly severely colourblind and have no issues at all with the game. What is it in particular?

If I were you I would drop a note to the Dota 2 team. They could be looking for some people to give them feedback on that specific issue.

I would Drop it in here DoTA2 Dev forum, some cool ideas in there, and also Icefrog regularly posts on topics that are fixed or being fixed

Once you have registered take a look at this suggestion, I think it looks cool :D

Improved picking screen

Stolen from /r/dota2 and edited a bit :P I think it holds true !

NGZRn.png

so you can play again eh?

that starting screen looks great!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Great thanks, I took both of your advice.

Back in the swing of things now !

Loving single draft mode however I reckon they will soon add the swap ability, and a more intuitive UI for it, so you don't have to hover over or type the three names during hero pick.

But getting to certainly play heroes I normally don't jump on, like Furion and Tinker.

Got an instant ultra kill as ES yesterday :D

Had lifestealer ulti on me aswell so he popped that before I did my fissure to secure all 4 kills!

Dota 2 Devs got back to me saying they're planning a complete colourblindness overhaul in a few weeks. Thank christ because I can't play the game at all in its current state. :)

good stuff, really are great devs there.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Valve have always been pro, things like that help make valve take 3x the normal time to release a game(and thats if we're lucky), but when they do, they do it right. gg

Not with all games lads, look how they treated CS:S for years! Although the community is full of cúnts(me being one :p ) so can't blame them really.

Me and a mate have been messing around with a Carry Tiny, We do Tiny and Lina lane, I give him the farm, he rushes steam boots and Aghanims Septer ( for Cleave, who needs battle fury !! ), then builds blink dagger, assault Curiass, and Abyssal blade ( the one from basher ) and with his passive stun chance on hit and bash, enemy carries have a very very hard time taking him down !

And I laughed at this video !

I love a good feed

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Hawke

Nothing feels as good as coming out of jungle as Bane on a Tiny with 150HP.

• Advertisement

DoTA 1 6.74 Patch, should be implemented soon into DoTA 2 I reckon, interesting if not expected nerf to Dark seer wall, and Exort Invoker boost along with a wex nerf !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Any spare keys going for this still? Two friends of mine are interested and sick of LoL.

havent seen anybody giving em out, valve are still sending em out if they do the survey. Otherwise I see them sell for 13e

Still no update on the colourblindness. I haz a sad :(

Something like that might take a while.

May have ordered this :o

il_fullxfull.312702281.jpg

gonna put it on my keys though.

You playing much ? Got my laptop back and I am normally on in the evenings, have been having an unusual amount of good games recently as well, which is odd, single draft just makes for more interesting games.

VsLSX.png

Not on too much since I moved house recently. Will pop on if I see you! SD has made games much better imo. However I'd prefer to just play AR.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

So what's the story with obtaining a beta key?

You need a steam account and have to sign up Here, afaik they are still trickling out invites, as they scale up

• Advertisement

Test test client update goes to beta client Friday, Rumor also has it that some people got more invites to give out, so check, I will check after work, although be careful I heard rumor they are bugged or something

feqatc.png

Advertisement