Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

CK's clubbing sound is the most satisfying thing ever. Riki initates on me, I slowly walk out of cloud, ulti, rift, thousand year stun and he dies. *club*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

GGs lads! Good set of games.

First time playing solo off lane beastmaster. Never again, even though BM's attack animation is ridic awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I was scared and confused by that tri lane thing (can't really blame 1st blood to broodlings on that though:/). Once again spent a game running around whimpering. I'll be better prepared next time, and chalk this one down to i was acting as decoy so they would come after me instead of hitting AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No worries dibs, basically the idea behind it is to give one hero in the lane complete freefarm with two supports (one of which usually stays in the forest out of xp range and looks for a chance to come in from the side and set up a double stun - earthshaker is really good for this).

It worked out grand anyway as AM got good farm in the lane, but usually you're looking to get some kills out of it too.

edit: Here's a video on it:

• Advertisement

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    First time playing solo off lane beastmaster. Never again, even though BM's attack animation is ridic awesome.

If you're on Dire and in the long lane you're supposed to pull/stack the ancients as you can do them all with your first skill a few levels later and get nice farm from it. His first skill is a mixture of physical and magic

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

If you're on Dire and in the long lane you're supposed to pull/stack the ancients as you can do them all with your first skill a few levels later and get nice farm from it. His first skill is a mixture of physical and magic

You will actually level faster than the dual lane doing this, even if you go no where near the creep wave !

Luna and Io added to the test client

Am loving both their voice sets :p

Io is a bit over powered and we might run into Luna somewhere in county Derry I reckon, yanks attempt at doing a highlander accent xD

I've been looking forward to IO:D They didn't mention it on the clip, but it says that any heals that io gets will also heal his theathered unit. is this still in dota2?

Just watching the tri lane vid now, hopefully it shall be illuminating.

When i play this next, i'm going to do the ridiculous RP he did for finding a rune.

Have not tested him yet bit I assume they will have it the same

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

yeah you get healed, and you get healed twice by mek, heart regen is imba :p

Yes, I know. You still need enough last hits for a soul ring.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

you are able to pull your creeps with bm to the ancients, denying them the creep wave and pushing their creeps to your tower for easy last hits. Not that I get soulring, wand and necro! or early gem ;D

Yes, I know. You still need enough last hits for a soul ring.

If your team upgrades for a fast flying chick, get a bottle ( the one time its a useful first item ) , and bottle crow it

That is , if you are against a lane which you know that you will get killed if you leave the tower, so just sit at the dire tower and do ancients

GO_Bear wrote: »
    If your team upgrades for a fast flying chick, get a bottle ( the one time its a useful first item ) , and bottle crow it

That is , if you are against a lane which you know that you will get killed if you leave the tower, so just sit at the dire tower and do ancients
    My problem mostly is that I bought a stout shield instead of 2 x clarity and some branches. With the clarities I could have stacked and still farmed enough for a soul ring I think.

Luna is MQ?

Luna is MQ?

Essentially, only difference is that she gets the night vision with her passive afaik

...I have bad memories of getting owned by Luna, back in 6.52, lol.

her ulti used to be able to hit every beam on one hero and keep the ministun, that was lol.

find a hero, hero dead.

her ulti used to be able to hit every beam on one hero and keep the ministun, that was lol.

find a hero, hero dead.
    Yes... I remember that vividly.

• Advertisement

Played Luna, riced really hard, stacked ancients 8 times after HoD, build vs Aquilla, treads, HoD BKB, Bfly. She feels like she needs more farm to do equivalent roles. Have to have AM esque farm. Also, suicide lane Dark Seer is hilarious when you can get away with creep skipping, especially like when I was vs doom. Could have probably gotten more farm if I had crept the camp while creep skipping.

It was that venomancer carrying you that did all the work. Whoever that handsome devil was.

Of course, I take off 90% hp with BKBed Luna, die since Luna squishes easier than a rotten fruit, then entire enemy team dies to aids. :D, as opposed to dark seer XD.

Shotgun morph + wisp is the most disgusting thing I've ever seen, lol.

two great heroes out this week, disruptor and dirge!

Luna, Rubik and Wisp in CM. /popcorn, this should be interesting.

Also, where'd everyone go? Missing 4-5 man stacks :(

The new matching making system is **** by the way. I checked and a majority of my games are now in the high bracket but they've expanded it so much because of all the new players that your are guaranteed to have someone terrible on your team. Happens so regularly and they always pick carries. How you check your skill bracket is search your name in the "watch" filter or a game ID and it will tell you what tier you are in. The fact i am in the high tier speaks volumes about it because I'm not that good, I know what I am doing granted but I shouldn't be in the "high" at all. They need to expand that because I don't know how many games have been ruined in the last few days because of it. Wisp is a great hero but so many bad people are picking him, he's a support hero. You buy wards etc not a heart arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

The answer is just to 5 man stack and play push.

• Advertisement

The answer is just to 5 man stack and play push.

9/10 in pub that should work but if they know what they're doing it can be countered easily unfortunetly. Hello my name is Earthshaker.

Advertisement