Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Yeah but if you get a pipe it's not so much of a problem.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Yeah but if you get a pipe it's not so much of a problem.

Indeed, still though if people know what they are doing it can be countered. I play with about 7-8 different people on my vent and we use to do it all the time but it does get boring to be fair also we lost a few times even after getting a racks in 20 minutes. I think Lycan is the essential part of it really because of all else fails at least you have him to carry.

I'm actually not so sure how I feel about lycan. I think I'd rather have a brood since push sacrifices lock down and team fight to some extent. At least brood can get an orchid. Played a game where I solo queued but we had a decent push line upwith furion lycan and veno. The downside, we had no stuns and no silences... and we were playing vs a storm. We won but it was retardedly hard.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    I'm actually not so sure how I feel about lycan. I think I'd rather have a brood since push sacrifices lock down and team fight to some extent. At least brood can get an orchid. Played a game where I solo queued but we had a decent push line upwith furion lycan and veno. The downside, we had no stuns and no silences... and we were playing vs a storm. We won but it was retardedly hard.

Yep but has the downside of brood not being as hard a carry as him!

Add me on steam anyway might get a game with a few of us later, Kag1888

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How I feel about lycan is he is the strongest hero in the game so I dont have to think about another hero if there is a choice :P

You can gank one for the first 10/15 mins and they can still steam roll you. no other hero can do that. Lycan has the push of brood (better actually), the way you are meant to play him is the rest of your team pushes somewhere and he solo split pushes a tower, gets aegis all the times it is available, rinse and repeat. That is why he is banned. you can kite brood easily, not so with that annoying wolf >:|

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

my cat keeps trying to deny me :(

sARRg.jpg

PLayed my first game of invoker there..... was like watching a cat trying to **** a dog I'd say. Awful but we won due to a Naix carry :D

i have great fun at feeding with invoker, only played him once and the only spell I could invoke like a mother****er was invisibility :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Invoker gets a lot easier after a few games, he must have the easiest time soloing mid in the game (1v1 anyway) and once you know what spells you should have invoked walking around at different points of the game, he becomes a lot less stressful to play. He only really becomes a crazy micro-fest late game once you have scepter.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Invoker gets a lot easier after a few games, he must have the easiest time soloing mid in the game (1v1 anyway) and once you know what spells you should have invoked walking around at different points of the game, he becomes a lot less stressful to play. He only really becomes a crazy micro-fest late game once you have scepter.

Ah ya I know I've played against him enough but first time actually picking him after playing 1000 games haha, was so ****

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

I'm enjoying Undying at the moment. I got put mid against a Zeus (my own fault, we were 3 premade + 2 and i forgot that agreed to go mid). It worked out fine since the zeus wasn't very good. i got most the runes even though he had a bottle. Tombstone let me clear when he pushed and 2 levels in the heal kept me topped up. I'm still not entirely sure where his strenghts lie. Is he played as an initiator or what?
    Anyhow, his skills are hilarious, and he moves hella fast so i like it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

dibkins wrote: »
    I'm enjoying Undying at the moment. I got put mid against a Zeus (my own fault, we were 3 premade + 2 and i forgot that agreed to go mid). It worked out fine since the zeus wasn't very good. i got most the runes even though he had a bottle. Tombstone let me clear when he pushed and 2 levels in the heal kept me topped up. I'm still not entirely sure where his strenghts lie. Is he played as an initiator or what?
    Anyhow, his skills are hilarious, and he moves hella fast so i like it!

He is a early game pusher and quite a decent *bruiser* (Yes i know they don't exist in Dota but it's the best i can come up with). He ll make decent enough contributions to team fights by being around.

Played yesterday with a friend and i just dispair at some of the people i get placed with. Is match making based on the total rating of the party or what? Anyway we had a furion in the jungle who refused to gank for the ENTIRE game. Contributed nothing and fed. Then we were defending at base with all miss I type "rosh?" and he TP'S INTO THE BLOODY PIT ENTRANCE and promptly gets killed by the team. Like omg how can you be this dumb!!!! When i solo queue i dont have to put up with this crap but when I am with a friend this is the crap I have to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Lads, is that premium pack is worth getting? Is it a good value? If we won't cOunt in beta key itself?

Lads, is that premium pack is worth getting? Is it a good value? If we won't cOunt in beta key itself?

What's in it? Tbh all the store stuff is horribly over priced.

Stev_o wrote: »
    What's in it? Tbh all the store stuff is horribly over priced.

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/57939587?appid=570

i have no clue whats in it and what does all that mean.

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/57939587?appid=570

i have no clue whats in it and what does all that mean.

It's just the game with skins. If you want the game go ahead or if you care to wait 2 months or so you can get it for free.

Not at all, you can get the game for 4e on reddit, and item sets are cheap enough if you want them.

Not at all, you can get the game for 4e on reddit, and item sets are cheap enough if you want them.

any links for that bud?

Nothing beats a good feed.

I'm not sure on undying yet as I genuinely havent see someone win a game with him yet and I've played 5-10 games with him in it/ Probably people just not knowing what they are doing. I like disruptor though good concept for a hero and a huge pain in the arse

• Advertisement

any links for that bud?

You buy 2 keys from the dota 2 store here(1.99 each): http://www.dota2.com/store/?appid=570#cat=2
    You have to top up your steam wallet, minimum amount is 5 euro.

You go here and trade for a dota 2 invite in steam: http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade

eg of such a thread: http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/comments/wa6wm/hmany_dota_invite_w2_keys_each/

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

I decided to actually give the worst hero in the game another chance, it only took an obscene amount of time to get farmed, but once I did ! Pew pew pew

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I decided to actually give the worst hero in the game another chance, it only took an obscene amount of time to get farmed, but once I did ! Pew pew pew

LOL Poor cm :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

US5hf.png

No more needs to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Pajkatt got 993 GPM in a pro game with AM before. Beasts.

let him farm like that and you lose, they were just letting him free farm?

My quest to learn to mid decently has begun \o/, starting off with leshrac :D.

Somebody said something nice to me in dota 2... I was gobsmacked. What is THIS!?

E2F12C73CEF0EFAB3095A29E0DC424CF76B77086

Wonder if we have enough to do 5v5s in house? o.O

• Advertisement

I'm on tonight if needed, I have about 3-4 people always on vent so if we need to make up numbers....

Advertisement