Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Slave trafficking, pretty much sums up the experience of any pro team not at the top xD

See the Movie valve is making on Pro Dota teams !

Edit, Poor Fear and his Ghetto set up !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

hey i posted that you rapscallion!

here is my team! http://fantasy.dota-academy.com/TeamInfo/3275

100000 leftover

hey i posted that you rapscallion!

Fixed, I wouldn't want to steal all of Tar's Thank's :pac::pac:

and I had forgotten you posted it xD

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haha you changed your post...even so, my team will CRUSH you! or not...
    :D

And how about we make this interesting then ! We all bet some Cosmetic items on our Teams and the winner takes the pot :P !

Take yer pick Anything but my Naval mine !

• Advertisement

that would be cool, /steals hammer time :-P Probably all just commons/uncommons is best.
    I'm away for the whole week of the international :(
    Still would be cool though. http://steamcommunity.com/id/TarAldarion/inventory/#570

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

is there much of a learning curve in this game, iv never played it before but if i start will i be slated for my noob status and not knowing what to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    is there much of a learning curve in this game, iv never played it before but if i start will i be slated for my noob status and not knowing what to do?

It's not a curve, it's a huge concrete wall if you have not played moba games before, and slight lower concrete wall of you played some moba games before.

DeSelby83 wrote: »

Biggest learning curve of any game you've played. You can play for a long time and be called a noob, a very long time. Best to start off with bots.

Biggest learning curve of any game you've played. You can play for a long time and be called a noob, a very long time. Best to start off with bots.

haha thanks, i might give it a go and see how i get on, nothing to lose with it being free to play i suppose. im sure il be back on here for some pre noob advice once i start playing :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Is it free to play now or still in beta? Still need to buy that crappy bundle?

Is it free to play now or still in beta? Still need to buy that crappy bundle?

its free to play, i only saw it on steam today

It's not free yet for a little while, that version on steam that is available to everybody is to spectate the upcoming games in the 1.6 million dollar tournament held by valve. After that it will be free at some point.

If you want it DeSel you can just trade for it on a forum for 4 euro, or wait til it's free.

It's not free yet for a little while, that version on steam that is available to everybody is to spectate the upcoming games in the 1.6 million dollar tournament held by valve. After that it will be free at some point.

If you want it DeSel you can just trade for it on a forum for 4 euro, or wait til it's free.

oh right, thanks for the info. i think il just wait until its free to give it a go, might get a better impression of what to expect when i watch some of the games in that tournament.
    Any idea when its going to be out?

Well the game is polished enough to be out, they are just increasing server capacity atm. After that tournament anyway, who knows.

it would be funny to see 1 million players playing dota 2 on steam statistics..with like tf2 seconds place with 80000 or something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45 boarder294

1 million, and i'll experience a 3 sec lag by the time I get by, I am dead. Waiting again to respawn then when the its time to join, Booom, dead again...

Taking this opportunity Tar to point out that my team has more points than yours.

Your items, they will all belong to me !!!!

Asian teams wiping the floor with the rest of the world to be honest

yeah if i was bothered now I'd sell up and buy all asian players! yyf is a quarter of my points, ON HIS OWN!

you are wiping the floor with me!

yeah if i was bothered now I'd sell up and buy all asian players! yyf is a quarter of my points, ON HIS OWN!

you are wiping the floor with me!

Have you assigned a captain ?

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Have you assigned a captain ?

Nope, didn't know you could!
    I sold pgg, he had 4 points...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'm in 2nd for Ireland, would be first if I had had Burning as my captain all tournament instead of Dendi up until now. Goddamnit Dendi.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

And not a single game of dota has been played by me since TI2 began, lol.

PGG the fat stupid ****

Moscow 5 Apparently Forfeit rather then playing DK,

There goes 2 players on my Fantasy team.

and Buying and selling is locked while games are underway. 2 slots getting no points for day 3

TARS NOT GETTING MY WALRUS WACKER

I should wait for context before I rage, although I still think Its awfully disrespectful to just forfeit.

BUT

M5 only forfeited the DK game, apparently they are doing the worst in the group and cannot make it into the winners bracket no matter what. So I guess their time could be better spent studying the other games. Still I don't think that will save them ! They are just plain crap now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I got the beta early on and immediately abandoned it due to not being able to rebind mouse3.

Came back to it there last week because someone said you can rebind mouse3, still cant seem to do it. Is it possible?

Persevered with it and im surprised at how much i remember from dota 1 seeing as i havent played that in 4 years.

However, the game queing system is the most retarded thing ive come across in a game in a long time which puts me off before im even in a game most times i go to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I got the beta early on and immediately abandoned it due to not being able to rebind mouse3.

Came back to it there last week because someone said you can rebind mouse3, still cant seem to do it. Is it possible?

Persevered with it and im surprised at how much i remember from dota 1 seeing as i havent played that in 4 years.

However, the game queing system is the most retarded thing ive come across in a game in a long time which puts me off before im even in a game most times i go to play it.

Huh, what's the gripe with it? You press play and you play?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah no idea what's wrong with the queueing system either? :confused:

No idea about rebinding mouse3 either, what do you want it to do? Attack move?

having attack move or an item use on it would be sweet. I imagine he uses it for voice coms.

• Advertisement

Maybe it's this (matchmaking!)

Advertisement