Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Go back to 1200 hon with your work buddies Donal, I know your game! You've had the privilege of playing with the best pudge in Ireland count yourself lucky!

Seriously though we havent played in ages

Ironically when we play together we have a 40% win rate, we gotta sort that out !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

lol, xD. Now that TI2 is over, let's get a consistent stack up and going again? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

since all attempts to get a beta invite have failed iv decided to probably get the 25 euro pack on steam. as a noob to this is it worth it or should i just stick with league of legends until its released?

Also, there's a UK dota thing getting off the ground with a subreddit. Picked up a stack from there and things went swimmingly.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Also, there's a UK dota thing getting off the ground with a subreddit. Picked up a stack from there and things went swimmingly.

Is Will the one doing it by any chance?

• Advertisement

Is Will the one doing it by any chance?
    No idea

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    since all attempts to get a beta invite have failed iv decided to probably get the 25 euro pack on steam. as a noob to this is it worth it or should i just stick with league of legends until its released?

You can get one here for like 4 euro if you trade 2 dota 2 treasure keys for it, these are picked up for 1.99 each in the dota 2 store
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade

Well, ukdota IHL vouches are closed for a bit. Well, good games going on anyhow.

Well, ukdota IHL vouches are closed for a bit. Well, good games going on anyhow.
    Double post but they're open again for a while. Captained my first CM game. Manage to give up Naga and Enigma, still win game. :D

Can some one explain what the vouche system is ? Do I need to request a vouch and then play some games with them to " prove my worth " or smth ?

• Advertisement

I'm not entirely sure. Mostly the vouch system seems to be about being able to communicate in english, have mike, have mumble. That and they're weeding out massive flamers etc. The bot was having some problems so they haven't started the IH league quite yet but you can still get into IH games at this point through mumble or just keeping an eye on irc.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm not entirely sure. Mostly the vouch system seems to be about being able to communicate in english, have mike, have mumble. That and they're weeding out massive flamers etc. The bot was having some problems so they haven't started the IH league quite yet but you can still get into IH games at this point through mumble or just keeping an eye on irc.

Well where is Mike, what have you done with him, I NEED HIM FOR IHL!

Well where is Mike, what have you done with him, I NEED HIM FOR IHL!
    wut?

Oh you just said mike instead of mic :p

Screw playing off lane tide.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,152 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Could anyone explain exactly how to get it off reddit for cheap? I followed the link and got very confused!

Thanks

Could anyone explain exactly how to get it off reddit for cheap? I followed the link and got very confused!

Thanks

I did that recently and i bought treasure keys from the dota store and then traded them with people from reddit or the dota forum.

Any particular questions about it? People make threads asking/offering for the invites. You then trade with somebody when they accept the deal.

Draft a Chen/Rubick/PA/DS/SD lineup vs Enigma/AM/AA/Beastmaster/Veno line. Lose at the 57 min mark cos when PA started melting AM. AM, split pushes, BKBs and targets rax. Now regretting drafting Chen, should have drafted Brew.and played a support rubick. -_-

Draft a Chen/Rubick/PA/DS/SD lineup vs Enigma/AM/AA/Beastmaster/Veno line. Lose at the 57 min mark cos when PA started melting AM. AM, split pushes, BKBs and targets rax. Now regretting drafting Chen, should have drafted Brew.and played a support rubick. -_-

I would always grab brew, for any situation !

• Advertisement

Yeah, well :/. I wanted a mid rubick since I couldn't have him squish fast cos he had no farm/levels. Oh well. Also, guys, get vouched on ukdota.net if you want to play some IHL. There's a minimum of raging/flaming for the most part and a low tier if you're new to the game. Infinitely preferable to MMing (unless I feel like just stomping with a 5 stack). Like, play Chen in 5 stack. Gank enemy tinker mid for invoker at 3 mins, 5, 8, steal his ancient stack at 13. Tinker with 25 mins bots that went 1-9. :D

do they just look at your profile to vouch you? Man I better actually go play a few games properly in mm. Or they will stick me in low looking at them. Gung ho is no more :( In house would be way better than mm.

people are offering 100 for that ursa alpine set that was removed LOL, knew i should have bought it for that.

Thanks

http://www.reddit.com/r/Dota2Trade/comments/zrsw0/h_dota_2_invites_w_just_2_keys/

do they just look at your profile to vouch you? Man I better actually go play a few games properly in mm. Or they will stick me in low looking at them. Gung ho is no more :( In house would be way better than mm.

people are offering 100 for that ursa alpine set that was removed LOL, knew i should have bought it for that.
    Let's just say that it's extremely unlikely that you'll get vouched into low, most people are in mid. We managed to get 2 IHs running concurrently for a few hours today which was pretty awesome. High is pretty much really good support play or if you're a carry, 60+ CS in a free farm lane and opportune TPs in. That being said, there are some ****ing clowny mid tier games. Such as the game where we lost with Enigma/DS and FV. We smoke to counter gank their gank. Enigma BHs 3, DS sucks the other 2 in. Void chronos them, we can't get around the chrono in time to DPS. Tide counter initiates, we die. Also, naga siren with a terrible win rate, the timing is nearly always off. BKB FV/Enigma being the counter initiation of choice, usually.

Tar, we can just 5 stack you some MMing games. Grab Known + 2 others, might grab a few of the guys I know. The only MMing game I've lost with a stack recently was when we had a guy at the top of v.high and a couple from normal/high and they fed, constantly ;)

has anyone seen any basic how to play youtube videos for dota, iv seen some but they arent very good, they just ramble on and play a game without explaining things. reading some of the messages on here is like chinese, i try and work them out but sometimes it makes no sense. any help appreciated.

Played a game against Dendi !

https://dotabuff.com/matches/41791350 He is the Shadow fiend who got stomped !

Just a heads-up but if you have any buddies who don't have a key yet PC Gamer issue 245 (November 2012) has a Dota2 key inside.

Taken from a UKdota reddit post by user "Skoo"

Why are you such a feeder Donal?

• Advertisement

Why are you such a feeder Donal?

27258167.jpg

Advertisement