Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

You obviously forgot about the dagon :D

Edit edit: After Dagon, on the contingent that it is level 5 and nothing less

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

DOTA 2 CODE

GWACM-7CBFK-MKDJE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

The greatest joy is playing off lane BH, and camping the enemy mid SF/tinker/invoker after I hit lvl 2 or 3. Easiest kills of life. Or doing it with a Chen/Enigma, camp mid. Fun times.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    The greatest joy is playing off lane BH, and camping the enemy mid SF/tinker/invoker after I hit lvl 2 or 3. Easiest kills of life. Or doing it with a Chen/Enigma, camp mid. Fun times.

Alot of the CM games I play with 4 off TS we try to have our long solo as BH. I normally play it and love it, I normally wait until about 4/5/6 before I start roaming around the gold recovery is quicker then any other hero in the game by far and it's so easy/

Alot of the CM games I play with 4 off TS we try to have our long solo as BH. I normally play it and love it, I normally wait until about 4/5/6 before I start roaming around the gold recovery is quicker then any other hero in the game by far and it's so easy/
    Sure you can wait for more levels but a SF is best ganked as soon as possible, you have more leeway with an invoker/tinker unless your mid is a TA/Batskater. Just ****ing kill the SF, he's paper and keep killing him. SF flash farms so ****ing fast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Looking to trade a DOTA 2 key for Natural Selection key

Holla if anyone wants to trade (PM)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,995 ✭✭✭KilOit

Tried getting into this over the weekend. overwhelming learning curve! any sort of tutorial on it since the ingame one is blanked out. Not the best at these type of games, played LoL for few weeks, got the hang of it somewhat but nothing special.
    Only played against bots and stuck to basic heros like carry ranged but find controlling the camera the most finicky, and is there a teleport to base like in lol? couldn't find it.
    Any tips? :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Try diretide mode, its fun and will get you playing heroes and learning them in a non stressful environment. Stick at bots mostly and just google some dota guides, there are many! try the guides on the right here http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2

Tps are 150 gold and you buy them in the shops, can teleport to base or towers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

KilOit wrote: »
    Tried getting into this over the weekend. overwhelming learning curve! any sort of tutorial on it since the ingame one is blanked out. Not the best at these type of games, played LoL for few weeks, got the hang of it somewhat but nothing special.
    Only played against bots and stuck to basic heros like carry ranged but find controlling the camera the most finicky, and is there a teleport to base like in lol? couldn't find it.
    Any tips? :D

You can double click on the heroes' avatar* (*the one beside the stats and abilities) when playing and the camera will follow you.

Also check out http://www.dotafire.com/ for tips, build options, videos etc.

RobertM wrote: »
    You can double click on the heroes' avatar* (*the one beside the stats and abilities) when playing and the camera will follow you.

Also check out http://www.dotafire.com/ for tips, build options, videos etc.

Yeah read some youtube comment when searching for camera stuff, guy mentioned double clicking but hinted that it is a noob thing to do. like to not get into any bad habits if it isn't the done thing.
    Will check the site, cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,005 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Got an invite into this yesterday, never played it before and have no idea wth is going on, any good beginner guides out there?

VinLieger wrote: »
    Got an invite into this yesterday, never played it before and have no idea wth is going on, any good beginner guides out there?

Few posts up tar.aldarion posted a reddit link, everything you need to know is in that link, 1 vid has a guy explain every item ingame, very informative and a the vid 4 mins long explaining Dota in a nutshell is good

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

F1 by default is bound to select your hero, double tap it to centre the camera on your hero. Or you can make a control group with your hero in it (ctrl 1-0 for ten different control groups you can make) and then double tap the 1-9, e.g. ctrl 1 while you have your hero selected, then tap 1 to select them and double tap 1 to focus the camera on them.

Diretide might familiarise you with the heroes a bit faster than normal dota in a way, but I don't really recommend it at all. It's nothing like the normal game mode, doesn't teach you anything about laning which is extremely important, and is really random in general. I'd recommend normal bot matches for a bit to get yourself into it then just start queueing matchmaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Hi VinLieger, im pretty new to it myself and what i did was watch a few videos about the basics etc, watch a few games and then start bot matches so yo can start to get a feel for the way it plays, after a few of those just get stuck into the deep end, ye its tough starting (and after that) off but you'll learn quicker when playing with real people. that was my experience anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2 promyky

hey, I am a dota 2 player and I would like to find some players that play the game regular and grow together in experience. Maybe even form a team and compete in tournament but until then it's a long way. If you are interested, add me on dota 2.

pRO_MyKy

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Played a few games over the last two days. I only found out about the MOBA scene through a friend who introduced me to HoN.

Coming from a HoN background (casual really nothing great) it did help as the vast majority of items are the same as are a good amount of the heroes. That really helps the transition!

I started out playing full support as it's mainly what I do in HoN but that changed after two games of playing with teams that clearly were far worse than I was, which is saying something ha!

Tried a few carries which was fun and won a few games to get the level 2. Initial impressions are good, I like the art style and feel of it. I just need to learn all the heroes now which is going to take awhile!

Big Knox wrote: »
    Played a few games over the last two days. I only found out about the MOBA scene through a friend who introduced me to HoN.

Coming from a HoN background (casual really nothing great) it did help as the vast majority of items are the same as are a good amount of the heroes. That really helps the transition!

I started out playing full support as it's mainly what I do in HoN but that changed after two games of playing with teams that clearly were far worse than I was, which is saying something ha!

Tried a few carries which was fun and won a few games to get the level 2. Initial impressions are good, I like the art style and feel of it. I just need to learn all the heroes now which is going to take awhile!

I don't know what skill you put in when you joined the BETA but the low/mid can be pretty bad so just keep playing and you'll get put in at your level. I've found Drow since the patch 2 weeks ago unreal. I don't think I've lost with her yet since. Power threads + lifesteal to the jungle for 10 minutes then kill everyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

Any spare keys going lads? Friend looking for one if possible!

Big Knox wrote: »
    Any spare keys going lads? Friend looking for one if possible!

Yeah add me on steam Kag1888

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

PM me for a key with your Steam name.

• Advertisement

.....Sven is the new Antimage. But takes less time to get online and does ridic amounts of damage. Pinned a NS with twice my farm in place as a BH with only Vlad's for 15s due to warcry + AC, kept him off my zapports while the Sven mauls theirs. With track and TA + AC we had like -20 armour on them and + 20 on us with mek/AC/vlads. Stupid stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm being handed a small mountain of DOTA keys from Steam and from just randomers

If anyone wants one PM, no interest myself, would love a Natural Selection swop if anyone has a spare

i just logged back onto steam after a spell away, have 2 invites if anyone wants them. or a swap if your feeling really generous :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Valve are handing them out like candy now. I don't think natural selection is in beta anymore anyway, doubt anyones gonna wanna trade a full paid game for a f2p game like dota :D

wonder when are they actually going to release it. hopefully lots of new people will log on to play so i might have a better chance of winning a game or 2

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Now that is what I call a sick first blood strat

Anyone interested in playing this for ****s and giggles? I know Tar'd be willing to play. So I just need +1 uk/ire at least. I have a good 1/2 from my TL tourney. We'd kind of need to play a good few games together though since the teams playing will be pretty decent... some CM game experience would be lovely.

http://www.ukdota.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=314&p=768#p768

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Brad768

Got 4 Dota keys, if anyone interested give me a pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Same, I got given 5, STEAM name in me sig if anyone wants them

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Got 4 copies myself also. Anyone want one, just give me a PM or add me on Steam: suicidalsid

Advertisement