Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Yeee finally have more win than losses :D
    Magill wrote: »
    Wish they'd stop sending me gifts on steam ! Im running out of random friends on steam to give them too !
    What ya talking bout,you have no friends,random or not :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Yeee finally have more win than losses :D

What ya talking bout,you have no friends,random or not :pac:

HA ! Im mister popular on steam m8 ! Add me btw.. didn't know you were on PC now.. welcome to the big boys platform.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/magillio/

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

DBR ratings are out, its interesting indeed !

Was surprised with mine lol thought I would have ****ed it up over the last few months !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm platinum, not too far off diamond LOL, and I'm such a feeder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭KonFusion

Man I gotta stop playing this just before bed.

If I lose I rage so bad that it affects my sleep :pac:

• Advertisement

KonFusion wrote: »
    Man I gotta stop playing this just before bed.

If I lose I rage so bad that it affects my sleep :pac:

For the most part I have achieved Zen and stopped raging, until I solo queued an all random and our only support Dazzle repicks to nevermore and goes mid, dies solo to a necro 3 times, when I question him on his repick decision ...

" I can't play support, only mid or carries "

There are no words ...

I ****ing love a good a feed.

I ****ing love a good a feed.

That's old news !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Anyone else have this problem,if I go to update the game (2gb update) and say let it download a bit of it,if I pause it and put it downloading again the next day it starts back at 0 again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I've noticed a really strange bug since they patched being able to destroy friendly items on the ground. Every time someone on my team starts raging/being insulting/spamming Cyrillic the courier flies off and drops their stuff in a random corner of the map when they're not looking.

I think professor donkington is off the wagon...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've noticed a really strange bug since they patched being able to destroy friendly items on the ground. Every time someone on my team starts raging/being insulting/spamming Cyrillic the courier flies off and drops their stuff in a random corner of the map when they're not looking.

You sound worse than anyone you could be playing with if you're doing this type of thing tbh. The only time I've ever done that is if someone rushes a rapier or something and is likely to feed it and lose us the game.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Just ignore them or mute. Being a dick doesn't help anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I've had my fun, and that's all that matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Is there any item trade thread I've missed or is this it or what? Just curious where I could go to look for people with items they want or are looking for etc on boards (if it exists).

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

here's grand

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

here's grand

Cool thanks, was just wondering in case I'd missed it somewhere else.

You switched over to this from Lol Ry?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Hey guys,

I've put in a request for a MOBA and DotA 2 Forum so we can actually try and get some organisation within the community. A few words or a +1 HERE would be great.

Thanks.

Hey guys,

I've put in a request for a MOBA and DotA 2 Forum so we can actually try and get some organisation within the community. A few words or a +1 HERE would be great.

Thanks.

I don't think there's enough interest for all those subforums or even for a Dota 2 forum. Maybe a LoL forum, there seems to be loads of Irish players for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

A lot of the irish dota 2 players seem to be on dotanoobs or ukdota already.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Playing hard support in pubs gets depressing quickly.

Thinking of having an ole Dota lan party.

Just wondering, how does this work over lan?

Does everyone need a connection to play, but then the game data is shared via a local connection?

Or is it that everyone needs a connection to play (and a strong connection at that), as data is sent from PC to Dota Servers to PC ?

Any tips appreciated.

This and other threads should help out for the mean time, until valve release their lan stuff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1bk62c/dota_2_offline_lan_dedicated_server_guide/

This and other threads should help out for the mean time, until valve release their lan stuff.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comments/1bk62c/dota_2_offline_lan_dedicated_server_guide/

10 pages :(

Has there been any successful Irish Lans? I can't imagine getting 10 people together and handing them that and everything going smoothly.

As long as you have a decent network it should be fine with everyone just playing online I'd think. Can't imagine it takes much bandwidth.

That batch file help much? I'd agree and say it'll probbaly be no hassle, just in case.

I doubt many have set it up as lan here, have better luck on reddit.

**** yeah.

rwdMnGg.jpg

Costs 26 euro in the store, look at what happens when you win it rofl.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Blah. Steam servers are borked.

Did anyone else feel the massive Lag spike in game when TI3 tickets went on sale ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

You got it in a bot game... goddamn it. You barely play dota, Tar. :|

Advertisement