Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

lol

f6754a5d3ddde6b853fdffd46a94cdb7_content_large.jpg?v=0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Kind of funny when people say "Why don't you go CM" when you play with a 5 stack, have coordination and a sense of what to do. I have no sympathy for batrider/lifestealer pickers, :D (I AMed them).

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

I'm playing this game for about 6 months now, i love it.

havent enjoyed gaming like this since my Counter strike days, shesh, 10 years ago now.

anyway i'd like to try playing in a stack with voice comms, i'm still noobish, but i do play support quiet well. i can only effectively play 8 or so heroes, but i do spend a fair bit of time playing vs bots learning different heroes. (plus my daughter is a youtube fanatic, so i cant just play anytime)

http://dotabuff.com/players/675604

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

Is the only way to get into the beta through buying early access? thought i magically had this but turned out it was only a spectator version of the game :(

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

IgsTer wrote: »
    Is the only way to get into the beta through buying early access? thought i magically had this but turned out it was only a spectator version of the game :(

Valve basically spam people with Beta invites, so don't bother buying one, I have about 20, if you want one, you can PM me your steam.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

No, there are millions of free keys floating about. If you add me I'll give ya one: http://steamcommunity.com/id/dreddybajs

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Ya I've hundreds of those flipping keys...well about 50.

What mode do ppl normally play?
    I keep to single draft all the time,I like getting the different selections each time

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Single draft is very dangerous for me, as I've only played about half the heroes :P

ah cheers lads didn't think invites were that easily available.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

All Random is the best :D

Well better than PL + KotL pickers :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Is AR in matchmaking?

ah cheers lads didn't think invites were that easily available.

Join us sometime :P There's regularly 4/5 players on the B.ie TS server playing it nightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Is AR in matchmaking?
    Yeah, theres AR. I'd prefer to play -apm random, then swap one of my stack so I have the random gold. :D

Join us sometime :P There's regularly 4/5 players on the B.ie TS server playing it nightly.

Will do man! just have to get the hang of things first wouldn't want to be wrecking anyone's games being a noob :P

Ah we normally go play bots if someone new joins us. Don't mind really, its a good excuse to get to grips with a new hero or 2!

I love feeding

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

How long is AR in matchmaking?! Awesome!
    Ah we normally go play bots if someone new joins us. Don't mind really, its a good excuse to get to grips with a new hero or 2!

Myself and gf play vs bots the whole time if you guys wanna play too

Quite a while as far as I know

Why didn't you tell me, feeder -_-

If I am solo queuing I normally play AR, avoids situations like this

ZRt0Qqo.jpg

But the new Solo queue AP has been nice to me so far, some pretty close games

• Advertisement

Myself and gf play vs bots the whole time if you guys wanna play too

TS some night so! My GF has just started playing also :D DOTA DOUBLE DATE... and then some loser can take mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭RobertM

I wouldn't mind a boardsies 5v5 with invoker or pudge mid only :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mark2502

how do i join up?
    I'd consider myself a fairly decent player and i'd love to play with some new people

Alright I made a Boards.ie Dota 2 steam group, as the main boards group is too large and finding dota players is a pain in the arse. Its an easy way to get everyone together I suppose, and schedule events and **** without us having to spam our Steam Id's in the thread. Its set to private (Let me know if I have to change this, I am useless with these things) public and please excuse the avatar, my MS paint skills are not great.

Group Page

I also made myself player of the week and shall remain there indefinitely :pac:

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I also made myself player of the week and shall remain there indefinitely :pac:

Not with your Leshrac play you won't, invite me you feeding ****.

If some one wants to volunteer to be an admin, and maybe add a little flair to the profile ( Avatar and shiz ), be my guest !

TS some night so! My GF has just started playing also :D DOTA DOUBLE DATE... and then some loser can take mid.

Dota knows how to take care of the third wheel, used to have to bring them on a tri-lane

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

excellent news,

ive only ever played by myself, never played with a group, with proper comms i'd be expecting much better co-ordination ingame,
    where can i get details on the TS server, plus i'll need to update my client from my CS days.

I friended Tar.Aldarion last night, before i went to bed only to see you were playing dota2. ahh late night gaming.

my major issue is a teenage daugher who believes i should not be interfering with her right to view youtube videos 24*7 and my requests for 1 hour of quality internet time to play Dota allways go down with a grumble, assuming she doesnt just "forget" half way through my game.

• Advertisement

Dota2 is pretty reasonable with bandwidth, so unless you're under a 1mb connection I don't see what the issue would be.

However I used to be in a precarious situtation where I had .5mb connection, where anyone even loaded a page would cause my game to lag out. I bought a cheap Linksys router and added custom firmware, intelligent traffic to allow .25mb on any requests through port 80, and then all Steam ports to allow .25mb. Best of both worlds.

Advertisement