Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

6.78 Patch notes

Holy **** balls, those are some crazy changes !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

GO_Bear wrote: »
    6.78 Patch notes

Holy **** balls, those are some crazy changes !

Kaldr(AA) sceptre, favourite hero looking forward to that!

20 second CD on Lion ulti with Aghs LOL

Finally fixed that ****ing bear with an armlet.

Mirana arrow nice re-work!

Necro re-work with sceptre is ****ing sick. Can't rebuy if killed by his ulti that is brilliant.

Omni LOL

Pudge increase iS insane if you snowball early. Potential to have 5k+ HP with a heart late game!

Silencer.... what the ****.

COurier re-work good.

Yes Dagon recipe! More Furion pool feeding!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Batrider doesn't look so pretty now. And they buffed sniper and Drow... lol

Gyrocopters Flak doesn't look so spammy anymore either... looks less attractive for competitive games.

They made the courier go slower with empty bottles too.. that sounds interesting.

And ending a killing spree now is more rewarding...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Batrider doesn't look so pretty now. And they buffed sniper and Drow... lol

Gyrocopters Flak doesn't look so spammy anymore either... looks less attractive for competitive games.

They made the courier go slower with empty bottles too.. that sounds interesting.

And ending a killing spree now is more rewarding...

Why was I programmed to feel pain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Best changelog ever, can't wait. Hopefully 6.78b removes random gold from the game entirely.

edit: And neither Drow nor Sniper is much good at the moment really. Drow's couple months of ridiculousness were already nerfed out when her ult got disabled entirely by being near an enemy hero.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'd rather they just removed them completely... to LoL or something.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Best changelog ever, can't wait. Hopefully 6.78b removes random gold from the game entirely.

edit: And neither Drow nor Sniper is much good at the moment really. Drow's couple months of ridiculousness were already nerfed out when her ult got disabled entirely by being near an enemy hero.

That makes her ulti ****, bad change imo, just dont make it OP. :confused:

I'm Sandor Clegane on Steam if anyone wants to play

tumbleweed.jpg

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Sigh, bkb nerf. Bear nerf doesn't really do that much, just makes playing a 3 LD harder, instead of farming 10 mins, get armlet and kill towers. Farm 15 mins, kill entire teams and then 2 towers with rad, then buy a vlads and an AC. I'm more excited for the dazzle buff but... goddamn more tree buffs. The aghs changes are interesting but nothing I'm extremely excited about. Necro is still necro, the aghs buff makes him slightly more relevant lategame but tbh he's still probably going to be played as a pushing carry. Poor man's jugg. Bat changes are pretty needed for 1v1. The ES buffs will probalby take him from 'ok' to really damn good. Gyro's flak slows his farm rate but changes nothing in fights. More Kunkka, Lifestealer's still stupidly good, RP gets screwed. NS buff is really really nice. I dislike the SD nerf but it doesn't change the hero. The changes to ward/gem make me frown but I guess it'll indicate a more opportunistic earlygame and more fighting over wards.

0LQfJbG.jpg

Doom is now the The Vroombringer after his buff.

13 people in the group now Boards.ie Dota 2 Group

Tar I made you officer.

I won't let you down sir.

Rose through the ranks quickly, I'm quite promising.

Well if the only requirement was to excel at feeding you're our man :D :cool:

I won't take cheek from subordinates. You're relegated to playing crystal maiden for the next 5 games.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Sigh, bkb nerf. Bear nerf doesn't really do that much, just makes playing a 3 LD harder, instead of farming 10 mins, get armlet and kill towers. Farm 15 mins, kill entire teams and then 2 towers with rad, then buy a vlads and an AC. I'm more excited for the dazzle buff but... goddamn more tree buffs. The aghs changes are interesting but nothing I'm extremely excited about. Necro is still necro, the aghs buff makes him slightly more relevant lategame but tbh he's still probably going to be played as a pushing carry. Poor man's jugg. Bat changes are pretty needed for 1v1. The ES buffs will probalby take him from 'ok' to really damn good. Gyro's flak slows his farm rate but changes nothing in fights. More Kunkka, Lifestealer's still stupidly good, RP gets screwed. NS buff is really really nice. I dislike the SD nerf but it doesn't change the hero. The changes to ward/gem make me frown but I guess it'll indicate a more opportunistic earlygame and more fighting over wards.

The Fact Gyro can't get two Flak cannon off in team fights now is of massive significance I reckon, think about it, before if you timed it right you could walk into a team fight with flak cannon coming off cool down and get two salvos off, now his late game right click AoE is effectively halved.

and the SD nerf was needed, shadow poison giving unit vision was a bit strong.

I like the SF, Slardar and SK change ( Both SK's ).

Sand king will be alot harder to catch early game with the fade time.

This might not bring Skeleton king back into the meta game but borrowing 20% of max HP looks fun as ****.

100 gold to trade random heroes is a good change, I wonder if that is 100 for each party or just the person who randomed ?

Lycan +1 armor, oh **** here we go again lads :pac::pac:

You seem like your good at house keeping **** :p

I actually cant wait to get a sceptre on Lion, will just be so funny.

I actually cant wait to get a sceptre on Lion, will just be so funny.

Solo mid Lions back baby !

pBsS25x.jpg

That's a lot of mana! Like 1600 to cast it twice with a hex and a stun. We best get farming dem manas.

• Advertisement

That's a lot of mana! Like 1600 to cast it twice with a hex and a stun. We best get farming dem manas.

Max Mana Drain and Finger, rest stats, new meta

Max Mana Drain and Finger, rest stats, new meta

Exactly!

The Fact Gyro can't get two Flak cannon off in team fights now is of massive significance I reckon, think about it, before if you timed it right you could walk into a team fight with flak cannon coming off cool down and get two salvos off, now his late game right click AoE is effectively halved.

and the SD nerf was needed, shadow poison giving unit vision was a bit strong.

I like the SF, Slardar and SK change ( Both SK's ).

Sand king will be alot harder to catch early game with the fade time.

This might not bring Skeleton king back into the meta game but borrowing 20% of max HP looks fun as ****.

100 gold to trade random heroes is a good change, I wonder if that is 100 for each party or just the person who randomed ?

Lycan +1 armor, oh **** here we go again lads :pac::pac:

You seem like your good at house keeping **** :p
    The flak change really isn't much. You're more inclined to go mkb/satanic rather than bfly/satanic. The Sand King change doesn't change the fact that his stun is awful at lvl 1. I agree with the SD poison vision was a bit strong but the hero was picked for disruption anyway. Slardar is kind of like a more glass cannon lifestealer now. It's interesting that a lot of the buffed aghs might bring back AA/Lion solo mids but with all of the disadvantages those heros have. Aggressive trilane omni might be rather hilarious though.

Omni carries a hammer to nail down your sins. I have some serious gear for Omni too, going to be hilarious! Clearly would have to be a ban with that buff?

Also according to Bruno the stats man, Huskars magic resists passive is additive, when you reach 23% health you get a total of 100% magic resist ( That's including your innate 25% ), So immune to spell damage, this would mean adding a hood would make you reach it at a higher health %, that's mad to be honest, he can still be locked down and right clicked though, ( Omni Huskar new meta ? :p ! )

He may be wrong though as it seems silly

That's madness I thought it was non-linear.

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    The flak change really isn't much. You're more inclined to go mkb/satanic rather than bfly/satanic. The Sand King change doesn't change the fact that his stun is awful at lvl 1. I agree with the SD poison vision was a bit strong but the hero was picked for disruption anyway. Slardar is kind of like a more glass cannon lifestealer now. It's interesting that a lot of the buffed aghs might bring back AA/Lion solo mids but with all of the disadvantages those heros have. Aggressive trilane omni might be rather hilarious though.

Your item choice has no bearing on the Flak cannon change, before you had 5 second gap between flak cannon coming off cool-down and the buff wearing off, so you could start and end a team fight with flak cannon, now its 15 seconds, there is no hope in hell you will get two flak cannons off unless your siegeing

I think they even could of done more and reduced the AoE of flak cannon to like 800 or so

-sniper bot enabled in captains mode

OA3WsLX.gif

Bringing back the solo mid Rubick. Rush Aghanaims :P ! All these new delicious ulty upgrades :)

• Advertisement

Your item choice has no bearing on the Flak cannon change, before you had 5 second gap between flak cannon coming off cool-down and the buff wearing off, so you could start and end a team fight with flak cannon, now its 15 seconds, there is no hope in hell you will get two flak cannons off unless your siegeing

I think they even could of done more and reduced the AoE of flak cannon to like 800 or so
    Right, sure you won't get 2 flaks off. The point is if you built damage instead of AS the 2nd flak won't matter since you want to murder the supports during the first anyway. Hence it's only really a nerf to farming, and a slight nerf to laning.

Advertisement