Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Right, sure you won't get 2 flaks off. The point is if you built damage instead of AS the 2nd flak won't matter since you want to murder the supports during the first anyway. Hence it's only really a nerf to farming, and a slight nerf to laning.

You are still losing out on at least 700 damage to each target in a team fight ( lvl 25 ), there are any number of reasons you might not get the supports on the first round, and with the current 3 core meta this amount of team fight damage lost is insane

I'm calling you Bruno from now on.

I'm calling you Bruno from now on.

Whats your snapchat I will send you pic's of my two chest hairs xoxox

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

GO_Bear wrote: »
    You are still losing out on at least 700 damage to each target in a team fight ( lvl 25 ), there are any number of reasons you might not get the supports on the first round, and with the current 3 core meta this amount of team fight damage lost is insane
    ? The fact remains in a largeish scale teamfight the first flak is what's important, I suppose the second is more important later in the game and you're running a gyro as your only right click. You're just going to spread the farm out a bit more evenly instead of gyro or bust. It's hard to say without playing it out in CM a lot but I doubt it'll impact the hero much apart from a focus on the first flak compared to trying to live for the second.

Whats your snapchat I will send you pic's of my two chest hairs xoxox

BestMagEU2K13

• Advertisement

? The fact remains in a largeish scale teamfight the first flak is what's important, I suppose the second is more important later in the game and you're running a gyro as your only right click. You're just going to spread the farm out a bit more evenly instead of gyro or bust. It's hard to say without playing it out in CM a lot but I doubt it'll impact the hero much apart from a focus on the first flak compared to trying to live for the second.

When did I say the first flak cannon is not important ? But how often do you really see all the supports drop on the first flak ? Short of him having a divine. Divineless I would say most heroes save raw hard supports can survive the first salvo.

The way it is now you can get two flak cannons off within seconds of one another, now they have wedged an extra 10 seconds in there, so we can write that off. I would actually go as far as saying that this is the single BIGGEST damage nerf icefrog has ever given to a carry.

When did I say the first flak cannon is not important ? But how often do you really see all the supports drop on the first flak ? Short of him having a divine. Divineless I would say most heroes save raw hard supports can survive the first salvo.

The way it is now you can get two flak cannons off within seconds of one another, now they have wedged an extra 10 seconds in there, so we can write that off. I would actually go as far as saying that this is the single BIGGEST damage nerf icefrog has ever given to a carry.

Ok, let's throw your reasoning back into your face then, how often do you really get the optimum flak cooldown. Probably about as often as you see supports die on the first flak. You don't get to choose precisely when the fight engages. So you go fight when it happens, oh look you didn't have flak on beforehand. Your argument is assumes an optimal flak timing which is rather unreasonable. The hero's still going to be picked as an early mid teamfight hero with a decent 1v1 lane presence, earlygame burst and can transition to lategame with now decreased farming potential. You are of course welcome to illustrate the drop in sustained DPS. What I'm saying is that practically, it won't matter so much.

Ok, let's throw your reasoning back into your face then, how often do you really get the optimum flak cooldown. Probably about as often as you see supports die on the first flak. You don't get to choose precisely when the fight engages.

Quite ****ing often actually, especially when its us initiating, or leading up to set pieces ( Rosh, Fighting over towers, Defending towers, Smoke ganks )
    Your argument is assumes an optimal flak timing which is rather unreasonable.

Nothing unreasonable about it, 20 second cool down and a 15 second buff, I really don't see how you have difficulty with it
    The hero's still going to be picked as an early mid teamfight hero with a decent 1v1 lane presence, earlygame burst and can transition to lategame

Quote me where I said he was not going to be picked ...
    You are of course welcome to illustrate the drop in sustained DPS. What I'm saying is that practically, it won't matter so much.

As far as I am aware ALL I have been illustrating is the SUBSTANTIAL loss in aoe DPS, and have been making NO assumptions into his viability

EDIT: And as a matter of fact I was calling for MORE nerfs

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Merlini thinks it's a big nerf anyway pansies.

Affects his ancient stacking too, 50% uptime instead of 75%

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I think it's a fairly big nerf. A deserved one as well. Pretty much agreed with GO_Bear's viewpoint on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

after watching about 5 qualifying matches to The TI 2013, i where gryo was the main carry for one or the other team,s i think it an ok nerf, in terms of LH, it just slows gryo from gettting the LH, so to me it reduces his ability to push late game.
    in teamfights, i think a gryo would do well to make the 2 full flax hit with 2 instances of flax. 6 full attacks spread between all targets is still a good ability.

But dota is one of those games where it's like the more you know is like the less you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Goddamn the new patch is great. Not a huge fan of the single stock of wards at the start but I'm loving everything else so far.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Goddamn the new patch is great. Not a huge fan of the single stock of wards at the start but I'm loving everything else so far.

Have not got to give it a go yet, I read Timbersaws Int gain + Chakram buffs have made him more of a early mid game beast ( More so then before )

I am interested to see Huskar, this is taken from reddit and for reference its a level 3 Laguna blade ( Huskar has hood + rank 4 Null field active )

sTYxnsp.jpg

Bit insane, time to bust out the Physical burst ! Tuskarr week it is !

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I'm sold on tree, what a hero.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

mayordenis wrote: »

Lol aye seen it on reddit today ! Talk about being butt hurt !

What makes it funnier is cúnts like him say horrendous stuff to other players but don't see the "emotional hurt" they might cause to them. I've been called everything under the sun but you just have to laugh it off with these window lickers, I've had one particular wanker (More_techies) wish cancer on all my family etc there are some seriously ****ed up people playing dota 2 :D . I love trolling them because you can tell they are on the other side of their monitor foaming at the mouth with anger.

I've had one particular wanker (More_techies)

I see you ran into my smurf Craig :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

So loaded up steam yesterday for a game of Dota and was greeted by this

6cSb49.png

Its asking me to install it again,any idea whats going on here?

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    So loaded up steam yesterday for a game of Dota and was greeted by this

6cSb49.png

Its asking me to install it again,any idea whats going on here?

Never seen that before, interesting.

Have you checked your Steam folder ? Are you sure the game files are still in there ? Maybe you moved things around or something.

Other than that my best guess would be trying to turn it off and back on again :pac::pac: but I am not an good at these things

Never seen that before, interesting.

Have you checked your Steam folder ? Are you sure the game files are still in there ? Maybe you moved things around or something.

Other than that my best guess would be trying to turn it off and back on again :pac::pac: but I am not an good at these things
    The Dota 2 folder is still there within the Steam Folder,size is around 5.4GB.

Tried the ol turn it off turn it on alright,no luck lol

Did you come home pissed and feed like Donal then uninstall in a fit of absolute rage?

Some one had a similar issue on the Dev Forum

If you are not registered here are what some ppl said
    it once happened to me, just click install button and something like "Checking for existing files" window will pop up and after few moments game will work again. Nothing was redownloaded for me
    are you sure you didnt change your steam library view (All Games, Installed, Recent, Favorites, ...) by accident?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

That's hilarious. Someone give that creep a medal.

Thanks GO Bear,that did it alright,it went checking for files and it sorted after a bit.
    Now I'm to feed :D

This compendium match making looks a bit gimmicky !

May be fun, however for real accuracy when playing as EG a fail cascade of Throws is mandatory !

Playedm one last night and it was awesome, tells you your lanes even. Standard was much higher than average, The supports all smoked, dusted, warded, pulled etc, I was mid jugg, I'd say the bottle and rp nerfs affected them. Anyway I got phase aghs and we had enchantress heal as well as mine. So much imba heal and we just rollercoasted towers and aghs ulties ftw.

• Advertisement

Yeah looks a great idea and can see it appeal to alot of players over the time of the international. I just like to feed though, it doesn't matter how or when or in what format. It's all about going mid as Pudge and going a solid 0-12-4 bottle , normal boots + a hood at 40 minutes.

Advertisement