Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

**** that I just want to show off my shiny couriers. that is why I see most people buy one these days.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

**** that I just want to show off my shiny couriers. that is why I see most people buy one these days.

you had an option to change them to different things in HoN. mine was nyan cat :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

If I go support, it's always the first thing I get, but I'll choose not to get one if I'm a carry and no one else buys one.

So in my first game when I got home I had a guy say he hopes my mother dies of cancer and he said he gave her HIV? Wonderful

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sorry about that, heat of the moment.

• Advertisement

So in my first game when I got home I had a guy say he hopes my mother dies of cancer and he said he gave her HIV? Wonderful

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

That just sums up the whole eiletest bull**** that surrounds dota 2. It's a pity that people that are new to this have to feel vilified that they aren't experts straight away.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

That's part of the reason why i've never gotten into this or LoL. It pretty much seems like the worst community in any game at the moment.

Anybody not using their player cards? i'd like em.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Anybody not using their player cards? i'd like em.
    Ya I have a few that I'll probably never use,don't even know what they're for :pac:

• Advertisement

Cool. You use them to stamp into an item I bought for 8 euro, the compendium. http://www.dota2.com/international/compendium/
    They just upgrade my courier, problem is you need fecking like 85 different ones and I have like 5.

Add TarAldarion on steam :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Cool. You use them to stamp into an item I bought for 8 euro, the compendium. http://www.dota2.com/international/compendium/
    They just upgrade my courier, problem is you need fecking like 85 different ones and I have like 5.

Add TarAldarion on steam :)
    Ya I'll throw you an add later,have like 20 of those player cards so you can have them all

Legend of a man!

PerrinV2 is the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Kiith wrote: »
    That's part of the reason why i've never gotten into this or LoL. It pretty much seems like the worst community in any game at the moment.

Pretty much, it wasn't bad at the start, and you could actually play the game as a new person without being abused, but it's gone back to **** now.

currently in a game with my mate and 3 of Brazils finest.

they are really good at dota. I swear.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22776427
    interesting article on toxoplasmosis in brazil. apparantly it makes them more aggressive and agitated and more than half the country has it :s

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭Dboy85

Anyone want to start a team/play? I play with a friend but we'd like to have a regular 5 so we don't get owned by full parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

:O

:O :O

I had Dota2 downloaded a few weeks back, played a tiny tiny bit.

Had it on a SSD but had to merge my second steam folder back with the original and now it tells me i'm 33k in line to download it.

fml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

kaimera wrote: »
    :O

:O :O

I had Dota2 downloaded a few weeks back, played a tiny tiny bit.

Had it on a SSD but had to merge my second steam folder back with the original and now it tells me i'm 33k in line to download it.

fml

Weird. I had it in my library from way back, but never installed it or played it and it just let me download it right away the other day.

If you had it beofre you can get in no problem, it's for new people that never had beta access that there is a queue!

Still on the lookout for more cards. Did they have to make us collect so many -_-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Still on the lookout for more cards. Did they have to make us collect so many -_-

This card malarky is a pile of ****

GO_Bear wrote: »
    This card malarky is a pile of ****

So is your timing of Alchemist stuns.

Abaddon is going to be an unreal hero in DOTA2 I think. Will he be in CM for the International I wonder?

I know, some reward for getting the compendium, here have a reward that you have to earn by playing hundreds of games.
    Everybody attacks abaddon when he ultis -_- Nah think they have frozen the hero pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I know, some reward for getting the compendium, here have a reward that you have to earn by playing hundreds of games.
    Everybody attacks abaddon when he ultis -_- Nah think they have frozen the hero pool.
    Like a certain weaver yesterday.... *cough*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

I am up for joining a team. Play much LoL but very new to Dota2 and would rather have someone to play with than the usual tardation that is the community. (Coming from 2 years of LoL)

for best chances of winning solo btw - pick weaver or nightstalker. they are heroes that require organisation to beat and can do a lot of work

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    Like a certain weaver yesterday.... *cough*

Nah I stopped when i saw it but did so much damage with my items and 2x attack passive that it was pretty lame. :( Not great at seeing it yet, but there is some noise that plays that I must look out for. I would stop and people kept pounding on him grr

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Nah I stopped when i saw it but did so much damage with my items and 2x attack passive that it was pretty lame. :( Not great at seeing it yet, but there is some noise that plays that I must look out for. I would stop and people kept pounding on him grr
    Think you needed a bkb instead of a 5.3k do nothing item, we needed a bit more damage early on methinks, oh well ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Abbadon + blademail + borrowed time = hilarity.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Abbadon is ridiculous. Lots of players playing him so bad it's laughable.

Advertisement