Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I would almost always in every situation opt for PMS + Drum over vanguard now with a few minor exceptions, but I will look back on my fun times with vanguard and smile longingly

and just thinking about it, you are better off going your build with drums & pms and then adding heart later :( poor vangaurd.

oooohh! i consider it pretty core on slardar actually as it helps with his sprint

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

GO_Bear wrote: »
    I once saw Tar building Diffusal on Anti Mage, I think he needs to first answer for his crimes

Blink dagger, blink, force staff, diffusal slow, think of my utility!

Just get blink on slardar, blink on everybody really, gogogo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Apparently going 3x Mek doesn't work very well :D

solo mid madman with a mek in HoN was a nice one.
    madman was like a melee weaver with amazing dps

BMMachine wrote: »
    solo mid madman with a mek in HoN was a nice one.
    madman was like a melee weaver with amazing dps

I really miss some HON heroes. Like puppet master & especially Maliken :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Let's leave HON talk out of the thread maybe, confusing enough game for new people without reading hundreds of other names and terms from a different game. :pac:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

deconduo wrote: »

Aye I didn't realize you were building it, already 2/3 through it when you were there. Should have just went straight to scepter or something instead :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

deconduo wrote: »

You can cycle dat heal with pro timing.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dota 2 reviews coming out now that's officially released... 9/10's pretty much across the board.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Yay Mac client is downloadable and should be playable soon! :D

• Advertisement

1012421_620538517964787_1185331065_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Yay Mac client is downloadable and should be playable soon! :D

Will it be cross platform with PC?

The new patch brings a customisable chat wheel;
    But there’s one thing in this patch that I really love, and that’s this: the chat wheel is now customisable. You can change the sayings in each of the slots to whatever you pick, from a list of… ooh, lots. These are divided into eight categories (Positioning, Status, Enemy, Lane, Items, Neutrals, Misc, and Flavor) and they encompass most things you’ll conceivably need in a match, from “Jungling” and “Roshan”, through “Check runes please” and “Can someone upgrade the courier?”, to “Fight by the tower” and – my personal favourite – “I immediately regret my decision.” I suspect I’ll be making good use of that, along with “Don’t give up!” and “Relax, you’re doing fine.”

"Relax, you’re doing fine" is something I bet you'll never seen in a game :p

Yep it's cross platform.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

grizzly wrote: »
    Will it be cross platform with PC?

The new patch brings a customisable chat wheel;

"Relax, you’re doing fine" is something I bet you'll never seen in a game :p

Already saw it, but it was just funny more than anything

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I think we need a proper compendium MMing stack Tar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

yay I got it last night.

Had the beta files but it downloaded the whole thing again. Meh.

Now to figure what this is all about.

kaimera wrote: »
    yay I got it last night.

Had the beta files but it downloaded the whole thing again. Meh.

Now to figure what this is all about.

Hello stranger!

Just feed feed feed

Sniper mid, mask of madness, Dagon, Shadow blade and blink. GG

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    I think we need a proper compendium MMing stack Tar.

Omg the compendium people are brainless. We had both doom and ds in jungle yesterday... ds would ignore everything for the whole game farming mek etc, but never using them. Weaver was doomed beside him for 10 seconds but he kept killing the camp etc. Was so painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Omg the compendium people are brainless. We had both doom and ds in jungle yesterday... ds would ignore everything for the whole game farming mek etc, but never using them. Weaver was doomed beside him for 10 seconds but he kept killing the camp etc. Was so painful.
    Well, we could a stack that actually played the lineup properly, lmao. -_-. Only successful compendium game was the first one. Godly russian SD.

I had a terrible compendium game today as well, luckily the other team were bad enough that our lina going treads drum mjollnir didn't matter much.

• Advertisement

the standard of public play in 2013 are so so low

I love feeding

Then you'll hate playing with me, stealing all your feed. is that even a thing? Well it is now. Feed steal. Sometimes we are lsoing so badly and that I jsut have to run at them to feed to enable them to push faster, now that's a good feed.

Then you'll hate playing with me, stealing all your feed. is that even a thing? Well it is now. Feed steal. Sometimes we are lsoing so badly and that I jsut have to run at them to feed to enable them to push faster, now that's a good feed.

I remember a game were I went 0-20 as Skeleton King. I was jungling and got ganked by a DD Nightstalker at about 5 minutes, in stubbornness I just kept going back to the jungle even when they were pushing the base. It was magnificent.

My record is on Tide though sadly

normal
    Lost Match
    10 months ago

Tidehunter
    Tidehunter 21 deaths

http://dotabuff.com/players/25987480/records

Hasn't been recording my games under big Sandor recently?

the worst thing about the players is their emotional stubbornness. in games where they are playing support and arent warding and the team says "wards" or the like and they get into a hissy fit and refuse to do it out of spite. and then of course the team gets ganked again right from the spot where you needed the wards and all the guy does is say "reported" when the team give out to him.
    in my experience, this was the mentality of about 80% of the players 5 years ago. now its more like 95% or so :s young males that cant get over themselves and act on spite first rather than anything else

I remember a game were I went 0-20 as Skeleton King. I was jungling and got ganked by a DD Nightstalker at about 5 minutes, in stubbornness I just kept going back to the jungle even when they were pushing the base. It was magnificent.

My record is on Tide though sadly

normal
    Lost Match
    10 months ago

Tidehunter
    Tidehunter 21 deaths

http://dotabuff.com/players/25987480/records

Hasn't been recording my games under big Sandor recently?
    You have to turn on stats now, there should be a warning on dotabuff about your new games not appearing. Valve changed the default to off.

tons of russians on today guys :s
    sometimes weekends are just a no-play zone

50-50 on my games today... you're right though, so many Russians :/

when will this compendium card collecting end ugh, some reward valve! Doomed to play the same two teams in compendium matchmaking for weeks :/

• Advertisement

Had a cheeky game as AM this morning, near 700 GPM i'm starting to like playing carries which is new... I've played MOBAs for 4-5 years and always avoided them when I could because of the boredom of farming but I'm evolving in to this farming non feeding machine gentlemen. BEWARE of big Sandor Clegane!

Advertisement