Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Anyone up for a boards inhouse this evening?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Anyone up for a boards inhouse this evening?

Definitely yes!

I'm in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I'm in. We have a boards DOTA group right?

Here it is;

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/BoardsDoTA2

No idea if there's a steam group but there's an in game guild, how about everyone hops on the teamspeak server for 9pm and we'll see if we can get 10?

Edit: Have a lobby open now, add me as a friend to see it (or if you have a bunch of boardsies on your friends list anyway it should show up under friends' lobbies on the play tab).

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

damn missed it, but I am watching :D

GGs lads, taking a break but might play again a bit later or tomorrow for sure!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Aye good games. I vote dreddy cannot pick Inv or QOP.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

was it captains mode? Im just playing now dang

Aye good games. I vote dreddy cannot pick Inv or QOP.

Frees me up to pick my carry CM :pac:.

We were playing AP, I'd be well up for some CM games if we have people who are comfortable playing it.

• Advertisement

In case anyone missed it, ti3 schedule is out:

Schedule (PST):
    Group stage
    August 3: 9AM -> 10PM
    August 4: 9AM -> 10PM
    August 5: 9AM -> 2PM
    Main Event at Benaroya Hall
    August 7: 12PM-> ~9-11PM
    August 8: 12PM-> ~9-11PM
    August 9: 12PM-> ~9-11PM
    August 10: 12PM-> ~7-11PM
    August 11: 12PM-> ~6-9 PM

I'm hosting a pubstomp at my place between the 9th-11th. Looks like it will be an overnight thing but I'm totally cool with that. If anyone is interested joining me please send a PM (private inv only).

Missed the inhouse, apparently Dreddy was keen to get going before 9pm which we had organised! :p

Missed the inhouse, apparently Dreddy was keen to get going before 9pm which we had organised! :p

I had suggested 9pm as nobody else was on at the time you were on (circa 8), then everyone popped on at around 20 past 8.

How about 8/9 tonight?

Yeah cool if I'm about, have football later and if I'm not in a coma afterwards I'll pop on. Do I have to school you mid Dreddy? Is that what I have to do? :)

Really hoping the MOBA forum is up soon. It got approved a month ago but no update since :/

In case anyone missed it, ti3 schedule is out:

Schedule (PST):
    Group stage
    August 3: 9AM -> 10PM
    August 4: 9AM -> 10PM
    August 5: 9AM -> 2PM
    Main Event at Benaroya Hall
    August 7: 12PM-> ~9-11PM
    August 8: 12PM-> ~9-11PM
    August 9: 12PM-> ~9-11PM
    August 10: 12PM-> ~7-11PM
    August 11: 12PM-> ~6-9 PM

I'm hosting a pubstomp at my place between the 9th-11th. Looks like it will be an overnight thing but I'm totally cool with that. If anyone is interested joining me please send a PM (private inv only).
    Ouch so thats like 8pm until 7 am some days, ah should still be good! Times weren't like that last year were they? Wish they'd start earlier than 12pm american time.

If you sign up as an official pubstomp here everybody there can get their special compendium drops through your account watching, while still just inviting who you want. Or else they can just leave their computer auto-connecting.
    http://www.dota2.com/pubstomps/

Ahh sorry KaG nobody replied to the thread when I posted 9 and there were a loada people on ts3, and your game had just started.

Won't be able to play from about 8:30-11pm this evening but if anyone's up for one in the next hour or so then let's tango KaG. :pac:

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    But if anyone's up for one in the next hour or so then let's gank KaG. :pac:

Fixed.

On soon

Teamspeak 3 IP: 188.165.244.23
    No password

<kag bat signal>

• Advertisement

National Swedish TV Channel TV6 will now be broadcasting ti3 live. Amazing :D

<kag bat signal>

:(

Won't be on until the weekend moving house.

Cool about the tv station, moving near me I hope! :p

Cool about the tv station, moving near me I hope! :p

Stillorgan, you're a dirty Northside if I remember correctly?

He's moving bottom lane to feed.

Dirty southside feederbag

play any more inhouses last night? could only do the one.

We only did the one. We went a man short and we couldn't get a 10th again so we left it at that. Was very onesided :(

yeah that was a bit crap :/ suppose it was bound to happen at the start when nobody knows how good anybody else is.
    Poor bat rider jumping onto magnus with my lifestealer inside haha.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

'Balanced' shuffle. WR suicide lane the highest level on the map for 10 minutes vs CK/WD. Should have just picked druid, ignore team, acquire farm.
    '?' summed up that game.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

lets talk more about vangaurd :)
    finally found a hero i think its pretty much core on - slardar! minimizes the damage he takes from sprint and makes him a tougher target to deal with in team fights. you kinda need to kill him fast as the cooldown on his stun is really low. so power treads - vangaurd - blink - bkb :)
    also used one on spectre the other night, went 15 - 0 - 22 with him :p i think the old school tanky radience build is better in public games as you will generally find your farm easier so you can turn him into an absolute beast. by skipping the heart after you get diffusal/radi you can get a big mean item like butterfly or mkb to make his ulti even more hilarious. its an old school build as you are levelling his dispersion instead of the damage skill but it means you can farm the jungle easier if you are under too much pressure in lane.

you could also argue vangaurd is core on axe too but maybe rushing blink is better if you get tranquils. a former TCM player i know swears by vangaurd but hes also insanely aggressive and likes to dive a lot :p
    any other uses for this (fantastic!) item?

Advertisement