Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

I don't think we should be allowed on the same team in these inhouses Donal, just far too good at our combos from previous feeds. I hope you washed your arse after that Lina game Paul :pac: :D

Next game Sniper and support alc, #feedtime

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I'm on for games for the rest of the evening, Deno on ts and Deno_0 on steam

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Patcherson

Hey guys add me if you're up for some games
    steam name is jackena (username patcherson)
    Real name is connor nice to meet you :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Hawk9433

So lads any games today ? add me on steam hawk9433

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

if anyone could add dalecantwell and sideburnious to the boardsie group that'd be the job

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Anyone wanna get some games going? I have 4 lads :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

I might be around in an hour if thats any good

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Tankran

mayordenis wrote: »
    if anyone could add dalecantwell and sideburnious to the boardsie group that'd be the job

ban4life. 320yolodoto players :(

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

oh matchmaking, how hilariously broken you are. in the process of getting dumpstered, won too much recently. I'm pretty close to quitting this game after 8 years or so. the general public + matchmaking combo is too frustrating once you hit a certain skill level. not playing on any teams or in any cups and the game is becoming too popular so generation sh*t is joining the ranks in record numbers :(

BMMachine wrote: »
    oh matchmaking, how hilariously broken you are. in the process of getting dumpstered, won too much recently. I'm pretty close to quitting this game after 8 years or so. the general public + matchmaking combo is too frustrating once you hit a certain skill level. not playing on any teams or in any cups and the game is becoming too popular so generation sh*t is joining the ranks in record numbers :(

Start playing CM

• Advertisement

The problem is highlighted !

And a broken MM system is still better than none, you could still be joining random lobbies and praying !

Start playing CM

and have the players go absolutely spastic when they dont get their mid/carry and start throwing/leaving?

my problem with the game is this, you are forced to play with people you dont want to play with. theres no concede option and you have to stay till the end or get dropped to the punishment queue. the matchmaking is insanely bad, far worse than HoN's was and that was pretty terrible. after 8 years or so, i know what the public is like, they are naturally awful people/players who cant stand being bad at the game. now you have features like reporting, which just gets abused as when someone is crap, they just scream reported when you tell them what they did wrong. I've been muted once or twice for no reason other than some child is extremely spiteful when i tell them not to repeatedly run head first into the enemy.
    now, after the international, there is a massive wave of interest in the game. what was once fairly niche is now becoming popular with the dribblers and you even have the likes of TotalBiscuit joining, the worst person.
    if im finding the game frustrating and unenjoyable, why not quit

and matchmaking is essentially joining random lobbies and praying :p

What level are you playing at if you don't mind me asking?

now, after the international, there is a massive wave of interest in the game. what was once fairly niche is now becoming popular with the dribblers and you even have the likes of TotalBiscuit joining, the worst person.

Are you serious ? The new exposure and player base is only good for the game, TB hoping on the bandwagon ( now that it looks like he is loosing interest in SC2 ), is only a good thing as well, as a lot of people do listen to him and value his opinion on games.

Anyways, if you are solo queuing, and are in very high bracket you should not be getting matched with newer players.

In a perfect MM system in the solo queue your MM would eventually even out around 50% ( which most peoples does anyway ), only going up or down if you queue as 5 and consistently win or lose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

and have the players go absolutely spastic when they dont get their mid/carry and start throwing/leaving?

my problem with the game is this, you are forced to play with people you dont want to play with. theres no concede option and you have to stay till the end or get dropped to the punishment queue. the matchmaking is insanely bad, far worse than HoN's was and that was pretty terrible. after 8 years or so, i know what the public is like, they are naturally awful people/players who cant stand being bad at the game. now you have features like reporting, which just gets abused as when someone is crap, they just scream reported when you tell them what they did wrong. I've been muted once or twice for no reason other than some child is extremely spiteful when i tell them not to repeatedly run head first into the enemy.

Maybe you should look inward a little dude, every post you make is moaning and complaining about something or other.

What level are you playing at if you don't mind me asking?

i dont know, it should be very high but who knows :) i was 1850+ in hon but with the dota 2 matchmaking, i dont think it matters. its just a case of "oh this game you got 4 dumptrucks who think they are good. have fun for 50 minutes while the enemy team trolls you!"

and yes gobear, you are right. i shouldn't be matched with really bad players, but as far as i can tell and from what ive read from the developers, if you are good you get punished in solo queue as it starts stacking you with lemons to get your win % down.
    i dont want to teach players, ive done that for years, i just want to play with people on my skill level. and currently, matchmaking makes that impossible.
    and as for the new exposure, im not sure i like it as i look at this generation of gamers and think only bad things. young angry males are normally horrible people, locking you in a game with them for 40-50 minutes is basically torture

i dont know, it should be very high but who knows :) i was 1850+ in hon but with the dota 2 matchmaking, i dont think it matters. its just a case of "oh this game you got 4 dumptrucks who think they are good. have fun for 50 minutes while the enemy team trolls you!"

and yes gobear, you are right. i shouldn't be matched with really bad players, but as far as i can tell and from what ive read from the developers, if you are good you get punished in solo queue as it starts stacking you with lemons to get your win % down.
    i dont want to teach players, ive done that for years, i just want to play with people on my skill level. and currently, matchmaking makes that impossible.
    and as for the new exposure, im not sure i like it as i look at this generation of gamers and think only bad things. young angry males are normally horrible people, locking you in a game with them for 40-50 minutes is basically torture

Ok so you sound like someone on the pretty much the same level as me but I rarely solo queue so can't say I have the exact same experience. However when I do I am not always put with lemons to be fair. It does happen yeah but nowhere as bad as you've made out. Add me on steam and we'll play a few Kag1888 if I'm online.

You're answering your own question though, start playing with friends!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Valve AFAIK have specifically stated that the matchmaking doesn't try and ramp people up/down to 50% winrate by the way.

Look at players like Universe, that guy mostly solo queues and has a 74% winrate (while generally picking heroes appropriate to what his team needs) - if the matchmaking worked like you think it does, it'd be pretty much impossible for him to be winning games.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Sounds like you need friends, why are you soloing, why are you not playing leagues or stacking? I mostly solo queue and know I'll probably lose and so on, but I don't mid really, since you hate it, play a proper game and not solo MM.

As for niche game, that's laughable! dota was the most played game in the world, in 3 years LoL had 1 billion games, in one month on one server dota had 5 billion. People always think the standard gets worse in every game ever, if you get better you play in better games, you don't solo and complain, of course there are new people, the game is growing, there are easy ways to avoid it if you want to.

i dont know, it should be very high but who knows :)
    I can see if I look at your accounts replays, so can you :p Even ****ters like me were in the top few percent on dotabuff, that does not mean youa re always in very high, everybody actually plays normal, high and very high based on stacks and composition.
    Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Valve AFAIK have specifically stated that the matchmaking doesn't try and ramp people up/down to 50% winrate by the way.

Look at players like Universe, that guy mostly solo queues and has a 74% winrate (while generally picking heroes appropriate to what his team needs) - if the matchmaking worked like you think it does, it'd be pretty much impossible for him to be winning games.
    They dont do what he said, dota devs have made posts explaining teams and why they were matched and people found it reasonable, I can't really remember where on dota2dev it is though.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Maybe you should look inward a little dude, every post you make is moaning and complaining about something or other.

you know what, you are right. im too old and cynical i think. just finished a game there were one of my team mates was saying "n*gger" in the coms every other second and the enemy team were all flaming their one actually good player. nearly everyone in the game was screaming to report someone or another and the game ended with ppl pausing as the throne was dying.
    these arent the people i want to play games with so yeah, ill probably just leave it for a few months and see how i am.

im not sure with matchmaking. a few months ago i played versus dendi (we lost :p ) and the game after i had 2 guys with less than 200 games who were obviously bad. and the problem is, thats a recurrent theme. sure thats an extreme example, but pretty much every game in solo is crush or be crushed and games are too dependant on your luck (whether you landed with the goods or the bads). when games aren't even close and its a bunch of kids screaming reported at each other, thats when i think its time to leave. my old teams disbanded and a lot of the other guys ive played with have moved on either cos of rl or because they had zero time for the malaise of crap that populate the servers nowadays. i think i might do the same too because yeah, im complaining too much and i really shouldnt be spending my time doing that as ultimately, the people im complaining about arent worth the time it takes to do it :p oh well, was fun while it lasted

• Advertisement

He always feeds on shadow friend Donal big deal :p , I've been in a few games against him and never won. I've beaten STALIENIER mid though before!

He always feeds on shadow friend Donal big deal :p , I've been in a few games against him and never won. I've beaten STALIENIER mid though before!

I could of Sworn I seen you again Notail recently as well, when spectating one of your glorious feeds

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

GO_Bear wrote: »

treads on lifestealer? noob dota :P

treads on lifestealer? noob dota :P

Look how long ago it was though ...

I could of Sworn I seen you again Notail recently as well, when spectating one of your glorious feeds

Yeah I have played with/against him a few times. What was I playing please don't say it was the moprhling game

Yeah I have played with/against him a few times. What was I playing please don't say it was the moprhling game

I can't remember !

Look how long ago it was though ...

woah!

• Advertisement

BOTS Naix is where it's at lads.... I am working and playing football too much. Haven't fed since Monday it's quite disheartening I hope you all are going 2-25 as sniper in my absence

Advertisement