Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

VOLVO COMMENDED ! つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
    Give DIRETIDE༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

All work and no play, makes Craig a feeder

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I really hate brood. Even with the buffs she's still terribad.

I really hate brood. Even with the buffs she's still terribad.

In the correct line up she is quite good to be fair, very boring hero but very effective. If you have a gank heavy team that are causing mayhem everywhere else Brood has time to just push their lane and towers. Get a team wipe any time after 25 minutes and Brood takes a rax if the person playing her knows what they are doing!

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

brood is absolutely amazing against your standard public players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Hey lads, looking to get into playing Dota, I've played a few bot matches and read Purge's "Welcome to Dota, you suck" guide and I'm slowly getting the hang of it, is there anything extra I'll need to know before I go online? I don't plan to until I have a somewhat decent understanding of what most heroes can do.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Have you tried the tutorial?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Have you tried the tutorial?

Didn't actually know there was one, I was just reading guides and watching videos to learn the basics, I'll do the tutorial now,

the tutorial will involve some games with bots too, and then you wioll be matched with new players to play a proper game, with limited newb friendly heroes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

In the correct line up she is quite good to be fair, very boring hero but very effective. If you have a gank heavy team that are causing mayhem everywhere else Brood has time to just push their lane and towers. Get a team wipe any time after 25 minutes and Brood takes a rax if the person playing her knows what they are doing!

That's exactly what I did. Sure have a look at this! We were pretty much raped every lane but our late game was hilarious. Our team was defending T3's against 4v5 while I was just split pushing their T2's. We ended up winning because they couldn't break T3 and Medusa got farmed up as a result.

• Advertisement

This needs to be released.

603156_674264325925539_1996305619_n.png

Randy_Marsh_covered_in_ectoplasm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I'm just going to leave this here

This was literally the most retarded thing I've seen any gaming community do.

All for a mod that was fun for 2 minutes and noone actually wanted back this year

yeah they acted like retards, who cares. The thing that upset most was no communication from valve, but so what.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Valve coming out with some ****e about them not having dedicated community people so any time dedicated to community interaction takes directly away from development, or something to that effect anyway. Thing is it would take all of a 5 minutes for someone to officially confirm that it's not happening.
    So yeah basically it's joke that the couldn't simply confirm whether it's happening or not, to a community who from what I can tell is spending money hand over fist for this game, and spending any amount of time playing it.

A bit wanky really.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

imo you'll never please the entire dota community, so in one sense why try?
    if they have no community people all the better, their moneys better spend on software development.
    I only wish they were a limited company so i could buy their shares.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

i dont get the volvo thing :( (although I now realise I have a friend who likes the facebook volvo page :p )
    is it something about that diretide thingy or whatever?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Dec's like the bastard child of EE and Jeyo.

• Advertisement

mayordenis wrote: »
    Valve coming out with some ****e about them not having dedicated community people so any time dedicated to community interaction takes directly away from development, or something to that effect anyway. Thing is it would take all of a 5 minutes for someone to officially confirm that it's not happening.
    So yeah basically it's joke that the couldn't simply confirm whether it's happening or not, to a community who from what I can tell is spending money hand over fist for this game, and spending any amount of time playing it.

A bit wanky really.
    That's just a false sense of entitlement. "we spent x therefore we are entitled to y". They don't have PR people, the don't need PR people, one of the developers could have said something but he didn't, big deal. Only people that got upset are people worked up over nothing. Of course we want an event but don't throw the toys out of the pram.

They didn't come out with that now, that was said months ago and is always their policy. They can literally say nothing for years about some of their most popular games.
    BMMachine wrote: »
    i dont get the volvo thing :( (although I now realise I have a friend who likes the facebook volvo page :p )
    is it something about that diretide thingy or whatever?
    It's just a running **** joke to call valve volvo, so people actually posted on volvo page and they made a funny reply, that's it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

That's just a false sense of entitlement. "we spent x therefore we are entitled to y". They don't have PR people, the don't need PR people, one of the developers could have said something but he didn't, big deal. Only people that got upset are people worked up over nothing. Of course we want an event but don't throw the toys out of the pram.

They didn't come out with that now, that was said months ago and is always their policy. They can literally say nothing for years about some of their most popular games.

I don't agre, I think if you have paying customers it's reasonable to keep people somewhat in the loop, I think it's actually a little dickish to say it's about having a sense of entitlement. I think the whole Volvo think was a mixture of petulance and general internet trollery but at that stage as a curtousy if nothing else they should have tried to nip that in the bud and just say that there is no diretide. 2 minutes is all it would have taken. So I gotta disagree.

Who cares

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

mayordenis wrote: »
    if nothing else they should have tried to nip that in the bud and just say that there is no diretide. 2 minutes is all it would have taken.

it would have taken more than 2 minutes. if your going to respond to the community in such a manor, you have to get it right, a hasty post in forums by a valve developer would get swamped. then Valve would have to monitor the feedback the community would give, with the level of expectation many people in the dota community i would expect a high level of whinning and hatefull comments directed at the developer.

who would then be distracted from his proper job of software development.

i couldn't care about diretide myself, so from my perspective what valve has done is fine. no one ive played with has mentioned it either.

statement about diretide, and yes it is coming

http://blog.dota2.com/2013/11/not-my-best-work/

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭kiad

ive left 6 games out of 10 in the first five mins due to complete unbalance :p but hey! its the weekend :D im pretty much unbeatable with weaver nowadays as long as im not mm f**ked. playing strange heroes really works out on publics atm due to the amount of guys playing carries badly. ive played roughly 15 games in the past month. most on US servers and all i have to say about them is that Peru is the greatest country on the planet

jesus, i lie. left 8/10 games. all unbalanced cos ya know, matchmaking. Peru is a great country. very sophisticated gamers from there, really. this would never happen on garena. what a sh1t dinosaur system that was.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Barangutan

Yeah, I bought the ticket as soon as it went on sale. I'm not crazy about the HUD but the rest of the perks are pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Happened to me & Dreddy recently in a proper CM game too. Team of auras drow, bm, venge, furion & another . Shrined in 15 minutes

We lasted quite a long time. But just couldn't win the mid to end game.

Here's the game itself. Game starts at 1min30secs

Advertisement