Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I played support Sniper in a trilane yesterday and it was hilarious. Melee carry and support couldn't do anything at all (DK + SK). Dotabuff hasn't loaded up any recent games for me though.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    So much reporting.

did the captains abuse communication/purposely feed/assist enemy team?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I've seen support Zeus used competitively in aggressive trilanes before, it's unusual but it can be alright given the right circumstances. I have a feeling support Tusk could be okay this patch too in a tri on tri just because snowball is so crazy atm, but I haven't seen it done yet!

When someone drafts stuff like that you kinda gotta just go along for the ride, chances are it won't work but it might given the right game!

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I've seen support Zeus used competitively in aggressive trilanes before, it's unusual but it can be alright given the right circumstances. I have a feeling support Tusk could be okay this patch too in a tri on tri just because snowball is so crazy atm, but I haven't seen it done yet!

When someone drafts stuff like that you kinda gotta just go along for the ride, chances are it won't work but it might given the right game!

I really like Zeus in a solo safelane (has to be against a passive offlaner) while going aggro tri. if you can get an invoker mid and have a stun heavy tri then once zeus hits 6 you can just clean up with sunstrikes. the problem is is that any rotations result in a high % chance of killing the zeus due to lack of survivability/mobility. I saw Na'Vi using tusk offlane recently and it didn't really work, but yeah a trilane *could* work with him although I think his skills scale well in the early hence why navi drafted him in the off.
    Necro is always that hero that could work. for about 5/6 years now hes been in and out of contention and never really found a home. He either takes too long to farm or he doesnt impact the game enough when he has it are his main problems. I reeaalllllyyy like the buff on his ult though, no buyback on the enemy carry/initiator? amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

Tusk, Necrophos and Zeus (!) are not viable lane support heroes. .

Oh yes is he, plays more like support skeleton king though, work on making enough space to land a jumbo jet rather than baby sitting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Oh yes is he, plays more like support skeleton king though, work on making enough space to land a jumbo jet rather than baby sitting

I'll believe it when I see it work against a team that are not terrible.

BMMachine wrote: »
    did the captains abuse communication/purposely feed/assist enemy team?

All of the above. He offlaned Natures and repeatedly dived enemy tower against a trilane. 0-8 after 14 minutes. Shouted constantly into the voice chat. Had to be muted. Went afk after he fattened up the enemy team enough for them to stomp all over us.

I should also have been reported for building a second mek after a communications breakdown with Necro.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/648099294

• Registered Users Posts: 17,577 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I'm usually a crap void but in this game, the enemy team made the awful mistake of leaving me alone.

Anyone any idea why a silencer would go battle fury?

I should also have been reported for building a second mek after a communications breakdown with Necro.

thats not reportable. the other guy, yeah, sounds like a gombean, but no, reporting for making another mek isn't

The buff to riki that allows him to backstab his own creeps to deny them is insane. He's definitely going to be making an impact in the pro scene this patch.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/649853965

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I'm usually a crap void but in this game, the enemy team made the awful mistake of leaving me alone.

Because he clearly has no idea how to build Silencer correctly. The Luna and ES too, wtf!

Because he clearly has no idea how to build Silencer correctly. The Luna and ES too, wtf!

Yep. Welcome to my level :) Was laning with ES and he kept never denied but kept autoattacking and using fissure to steal my last hits.

The is no reason for a ranged hero to go battlefury over another item since they get no cleave damage.

That luna Shadow Blade Ags build. :rolleyes:

How in hell can she have only 93 last hits in a 40 minute game when she was levelling the glave over her passive? Even if she just sat in lane auto-attacking she'd get more that that.

Yep. Welcome to my level :) Was laning with ES and he kept never denied but kept autoattacking and using fissure to steal my last hits.

Do you always play solo or in a group?

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

gesh, i aint even gunna ask if your team warded, but with Carry ES and Carry Silencer, i thinks not. but you have impressive CS for a relatively short game. well done carrying that lot (pudge looks ok tho)!

I usually group up but have the occasional solo game. The pudge was a mate of mine who admittedly had a terrible game but still fared better than the others.

I've had a terrible run recently (after a pretty decent run) so I think I may have been knocked down a skill bracket.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Compendium out, my 10 heroes for the challenge are lol...: wraith king, ember, pa, riki, OD, sniper etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I've done my morph, zeus, lycan, TA games for the challenge, phoenix, clinkz, mag, shadow shaman, necro and lich left, perfectly doable.

Euls sceptre is the most under rated item purchase in the game. I've lost count of how many times its been a complete game changer when playing support over the last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Euls sceptre is the most under rated item purchase in the game. I've lost count of how many times its been a complete game changer when playing support over the last month.

Ghost scepter wants a word with you :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Ghost scepter wants a word with you :pac:
    Ghost,Force, Blink.... Medallion on dire...

Have had two horrible nights of dota in a row, going 2-8 in 10 games. I suspect the 10-player challenge in the compendium is making people play heroes without them having a clue how to play them.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Haha my friend had to play like 20 shadow demon games (and he is a damn good player)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

This 10-player challenge is destroying my win rate at the moment. All my fault :)

Trying to play Tiny, Timber and Kunkka, heroes I never play and really struggling. Stupid fail boats all over the place.

Only managed Kunkka so far. 9 more to go :(

Most I am competent with, but I'm dreading storm spirit (I'm awful with him). Also have Tinker which I never played before. Great fun, but the one game I played I didn't figure out how to play until the very end. BoT before orchid next time...

Not even trying to get them tbh, I have 8 supports on my list.

I'm running horribly at the moment, but nothing to do with the compendium. Just forced into playing the hard support too often and not being able to have enough of an influence on the game.

I was absolutely going to un-install Dota if I had lost this one. http://dotabuff.com/matches/658793290

Total bull**** that I'm getting put on same team with these clowns. Just look at the mid viper's CS. Look at it. I mean wtf! You could get more last hits just auto attacking but somehow he managed to do much worse. He didn't seem to understand the value of gold and didn't farm camps when he had the chance. Just hung around like a bad smell.

I also had to inform the Riki that he could diffusal off Bounty's track, which he clearly didn't know.

I'm running horribly at the moment, but nothing to do with the compendium. Just forced into playing the hard support too often and not being able to have enough of an influence on the game.

I was absolutely going to un-install Dota if I had lost this one. http://dotabuff.com/matches/658793290

Total bull**** that I'm getting put on same team with these clowns. Just look at the mid viper's CS. Look at it. I mean wtf! You could get more last hits just auto attacking but somehow he managed to do much worse. He didn't seem to understand the value of gold and didn't farm camps when he had the chance. Just hung around like a bad smell.

I also had to inform the Riki that he could diffusal off Bounty's track, which he clearly didn't know.

looks completely unbalanced. I'll say it again, the matchmaking in dota 2 is an absolute farce.

Is it still worth picking up a compendium if you arent playing the game? what other features does it have?

BMMachine wrote: »
    looks completely unbalanced. I'll say it again, the matchmaking in dota 2 is an absolute farce.

Is it still worth picking up a compendium if you arent playing the game? what other features does it have?

I don't want to know anything about the compendium. I'm abstaining from spending any more money on the game for a while. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Since playing just competitive games again I don't see me playing public any time soon. Far more enjoyable

We've 7-0'd our entry league on Joindota but the teams aren't great in it so no big achivement. In this other FES league we got outdrafted last night big time in our 2nd game. First game was a game we threw which is extremely annoying after 60 minutes.

Advertisement