Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

It's going to bring the quality of games down. Instead of having your usual 1/2 supports everyone will be carrying to do the challenges. I can't see it ending well.

Mine was almost all supports :(

c8cYSZN.png
    KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Cannot win a fuking game of Dota at the moment. Low MMR is an absolute cesspool. Its just Bingo. 80% of games are over before they start because of ludicrous drafts.

Pick Undying, he can do any role except jungle, people don't respect the house and decay spam, I get the feeling he could completely take over low MMR games, as much as I hate to say it I think the best way to climb the ladder is to stick to a handful of picks you have " mastered ", preferably curve balls picks that are not picked in competitive and people are not familiar with and so may underestimate, that being said I only play team RMM

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

GO_Bear wrote: »
    Mine was almost all supports :(

c8cYSZN.png

Pick Undying, he can do any role except jungle, people don't respect the house and decay spam, I get the feeling he could completely take over low MMR games, as much as I hate to say it I think the best way to climb the ladder is to stick to a handful of picks you have " mastered ", preferably curve balls picks that are not picked in competitive and people are not familiar with and so may underestimate, that being said I only play team RMM

I like undying but he falls off really hard in the mid to late game. i don't think he can play any roll. He certainly cant be your hard carry. I think from now on I just have to call mid and pick early. Then at least I can have much more of an influence on the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Can't get into it without a referral though.

I can organise vouches for players if needs be. All I would say is though that you have a good understanding of how CM games work and have a good understand of lane structure. You'd want to be playing MOBAs for quite a while to be honest because the standard is fairly decent.... generally...

Kunkka wrote: »
    I can organise vouches for players if needs be. All I would say is though that you have a good understanding of how CM games work and have a good understand of lane structure. You'd want to be playing MOBAs for quite a while to be honest because the standard is fairly decent.... generally...

ok, what's your usernames on there? Can I put it down as the refererererer?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,576 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I have to play support if I want to increase my winrate. I really don't trust anybody else to do it properly (lack of wards, delayed courier). On the downside, it means I'm terrible at playing carry/initiator/ganker as I simply don't play that role enough.

• Advertisement

I have to play support if I want to increase my winrate. I really don't trust anybody else to do it properly (lack of wards, delayed courier). On the downside, it means I'm terrible at playing carry/initiator/ganker as I simply don't play that role enough.

Supporting at low MMR is just a completely thankless task.

The default moronic response from clowns that cant carry or farm is "I had no support".

They will never be happy with your ward placement and expect the entire map to be lit-up at all times.

They think that only supports should build a mek and carry dust; not only carry dust, but also always be in the front lines to use it when needed. If not, "carry dust fuking noob!" Even If the carry has two slots free, its still your fault for not having a 7th slot for dust. He is right to keep those slots free because he doens't have any core items yet. He's fuking sh1t at last hitting and buying dust will only delay his 45 minute battlefury.

If they die often, its your fault for not being there to save there pathetic lives or for not calling missing on heroes that were never even in your lane. Even if your wards showed where they were coming from 20 seconds in advance and everyone else in the team saw what was coming, its still your fault when the carry dies, not his.

If the creeps get pushed up under the enemy tower, its not the fault of the carry that's an autoattacking fuktard. It's your fault that you weren't able to pull the creep waves more efficiently. If they die while you're pulling or ganking mid, its your fault that they died in lane, becuase you weren't there to compensate for the fact that their positioning is beyond fuking diabolical.

If you build the correct support items like a force staff or ghost sceptre you're a fuking noob that should uninstall dota because everyone knows that supports should always rush aghanim scepters and dagons to provide more dps to compensate for the fact that the carries don't have any because they are fuking useless.

You have no right to question the carry's item build. Luna has every right to go shadow blade and ag sceptre instead of BKB and Manta. BKB is for pussies and everyone knows shadow blade and ags are core, not just on that hero, but basically every hard carry in the game and you're a fuking retarded noob for thinking otherwise.

You must always carry sentries and deward every single enemy ward on the map, so you should be psychic too and know where they all are. Even if venturing into the river alone to deward will lead to certain death, getting rid of the ward is more important than your life. Except don't die, because if you feed even a fraction of the kills your hard carry feeds you need to be reported for being a fuking noob.

All of your abilities need to be off cool-down permanently. Its not a fuking excuse that disruption was still in CD because you used it to set up the kill on Sven and end his beyond godlike streak, that he got from killing your useless carries repeatedly. You should make sure disruption is always off cooldown in order to save the sad disgusting life of your carry riki that has already died 9 times and hasn't realised yet that the other team has had a gem for 15 minutes.

If the other team has a gem it is the supports fuking fault that we're getting dewarded and losing map control. No one gives a fuk that wards are out of stock. Buy them anyway. the fact that the other team bought an early gem is also most certainly not the fault of the two invis heroes that were drafted or the other two heroes that decided to rush shadow blades. Shadow Balde and Ags are core on Witch Doctor and he doesn't need to buy any fuking support items. You are the the fuking support ward bitch, not him you fuking noob, bliyat cyka!

If your team needs a gem, you are the ONLY hero that should buy it, because you're the fuking scrub support and it doesn't matter a fuk that you couldn't get any jungle gold because you were in a dual lane with a feeding idiot Void that couldn't carry a shopping bag or land a chronosphere on crystal maiden that was disconnected and not moving. You can get the gold from the magical money tree in the fountain so that these items can be bought for the team immediately when required.

You should also carry the gem, because only supports that are made of paper, with the least farm on the map should carry the gem. Carries don't carry gem you fuking noob. Even if they're only using 4 slots, they can't carry gem because they are certainly more likely to die and lose it. You should also be in the front line at all times to give sight of enemy invis heroes with your gem.

If the carry loses sight of an invis hero because you had the gem and were the only player on your team with the sense to carry a TP and go back to defend your Tier 3 tower, you're a fuking noob. Everyone knows killing one enemy hero is more important that defending the barracks.

Losing the gem is an immediate report. Upon losing the gem , you should buy another one immediately. If there is an invis hero on your team or one with a shadow blade, its now entirely your fault that they've been countered and your fuking fault every single time that they die, even if they died making a ridiculous solo split push while their shadow blade was on cooldown.

"FAKING NOOB SUPPORT! Muted, Reported.

:D

i_hug_that_feel.png

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Supporting at low MMR is just a completely thankless task.

The default moronic response from clowns that cant carry or farm is "I had no support".

They will never be happy with your ward placement and expect the entire map to be lit-up at all times.

They think that only supports should build a mek and carry dust; not only carry dust, but also always be in the front lines to use it when needed. If not, "carry dust fuking noob!" Even If the carry has two slots free, its still your fault for not having a 7th slot for dust. He is right to keep those slots free because he doens't have any core items yet. He's fuking sh1t at last hitting and buying dust will only delay his 45 minute battlefury.

If they die often, its your fault for not being there to save there pathetic lives or for not calling missing on heroes that were never even in your lane. Even if your wards showed where they were coming from 20 seconds in advance and everyone else in the team saw what was coming, its still your fault when the carry dies, not his.

If the creeps get pushed up under the enemy tower, its not the fault of the carry that's an autoattacking fuktard. It's your fault that you weren't able to pull the creep waves more efficiently. If they die while you're pulling or ganking mid, its your fault that they died in lane, becuase you weren't there to compensate for the fact that their positioning is beyond fuking diabolical.

If you build the correct support items like a force staff or ghost sceptre you're a fuking noob that should uninstall dota because everyone knows that supports should always rush aghanim scepters and dagons to provide more dps to compensate for the fact that the carries don't have any because they are fuking useless.

You have no right to question the carry's item build. Luna has every right to go shadow blade and ag sceptre instead of BKB and Manta. BKB is for pussies and everyone knows shadow blade and ags are core, not just on that hero, but basically every hard carry in the game and you're a fuking retarded noob for thinking otherwise.

You must always carry sentries and deward every single enemy ward on the map, so you should be psychic too and know where they all are. Even if venturing into the river alone to deward will lead to certain death, getting rid of the ward is more important than your life. Except don't die, because if you feed even a fraction of the kills your hard carry feeds you need to be reported for being a fuking noob.

All of your abilities need to be off cool-down permanently. Its not a fuking excuse that disruption was still in CD because you used it to set up the kill on Sven and end his beyond godlike streak, that he got from killing your useless carries repeatedly. You should make sure disruption is always off cooldown in order to save the sad disgusting life of your carry riki that has already died 9 times and hasn't realised yet that the other team has had a gem for 15 minutes.

If the other team has a gem it is the supports fuking fault that we're getting dewarded and losing map control. No one gives a fuk that wards are out of stock. Buy them anyway. the fact that the other team bought an early gem is also most certainly not the fault of the two invis heroes that were drafted or the other two heroes that decided to rush shadow blades. Shadow Balde and Ags are core on Witch Doctor and he doesn't need to buy any fuking support items. You are the the fuking support ward bitch, not him you fuking noob, bliyat cyka!

If your team needs a gem, you are the ONLY hero that should buy it, because you're the fuking scrub support and it doesn't matter a fuk that you couldn't get any jungle gold because you were in a dual lane with a feeding idiot Void that couldn't carry a shopping bag or land a chronosphere on crystal maiden that was disconnected and not moving. You can get the gold from the magical money tree in the fountain so that these items can be bought for the team immediately when required.

You should also carry the gem, because only supports that are made of paper, with the least farm on the map should carry the gem. Carries don't carry gem you fuking noob. Even if they're only using 4 slots, they can't carry gem because they are certainly more likely to die and lose it. You should also be in the front line at all times to give sight of enemy invis heroes with your gem.

If the carry loses sight of an invis hero because you had the gem and were the only player on your team with the sense to carry a TP and go back to defend your Tier 3 tower, you're a fuking noob. Everyone knows killing one enemy hero is more important that defending the barracks.

Losing the gem is an immediate report. Upon losing the gem , you should buy another one immediately. If there is an invis hero on your team or one with a shadow blade, its now entirely your fault that they've been countered and your fuking fault every single time that they die, even if they died making a ridiculous solo split push while their shadow blade was on cooldown.

"FAKING NOOB SUPPORT! Muted, Reported.

:D

dont forget that the only reason you buy tangoes is to give the mid 2 at the start and the other 2 are for the carry who facecharges from level 1 onwards.

you are also only allowed to pick the support the carry wants, all other support heroes are useless.

watched my friends play 3 games last night. game 1 - the famous slark-invoker duel lane mid where the slark dies (against necro) and then starts sending couriers down the map. game 2 - instapick russian pudge mid. gets destroyed and after 5 minutes decides to do the same and send couriers down the middle of the map. game 3 - my friends won in a 20 minute crush. sure they arent that high a level 300~ hours on both of them but still, ridiculous. and of course, theres no concede option still so you get to sit there and be trolled by both your team and the enemy team, your only defence? reporting people. DotA 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

:D, I learned dota mostly in ukihl, ahh the days of getting flamed. Tar skilling wrong at 6 on tidehunter in the one game he played there.

@KarmaBaby, mid is easier to carry from at lower mmr since it's generally a 1v1 lane. You can abuse certain facts like radiant jungle (tinker/naga/morph)/dire rosh (TA,Lycan, Morph/LD) to snow ball/get an advantage. It's easier to win games by being efficient at farming and split pushing rather than to make the big plays, see this game where I'm LD. That being said, if your team is turbo feeding, you're not going to win unless you're playing mid naga with a 20 min or less radiance. An addendum to this is that sometimes, something like offlane Void is really good if their team is bad at zoning and you're on radiant.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

NeoSlicerZ wrote: »
    :D, I learned dota mostly in ukihl, ahh the days of getting flamed. Tar skilling wrong at 6 on tidehunter in the one game he played there.

@KarmaBaby, mid is easier to carry from at lower mmr since it's generally a 1v1 lane. You can abuse certain facts like radiant jungle (tinker/naga/morph)/dire rosh (TA,Lycan, Morph/LD) to snow ball/get an advantage. It's easier to win games by being efficient at farming and split pushing rather than to make the big plays, see this game where I'm LD. That being said, if your team is turbo feeding, you're not going to win unless you're playing mid naga with a 20 min or less radiance. An addendum to this is that sometimes, something like offlane Void is really good if their team is bad at zoning and you're on radiant.

No point playing with retards. How can anybody put up with them. I put my money where my mouth is ;)

• Advertisement

Trying to get better with more mid heroes in least played mode. This game earlier with Shadow Fiend was a ****ing farce. It was going fine mid but it was 8-2 to the enemy in 3 minutes and 18-3 after 10 minutes. I called mid early and begged them to pick supports. Just look what I got. Unfukingbelievable. Not one ward placed the whole game of course.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/687759968

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Trying to get better with more mid heroes in least played mode. This game earlier with Shadow Fiend was a ****ing farce. It was going fine mid but it was 8-2 to the enemy in 3 minutes and 18-3 after 10 minutes. I called mid early and begged them to pick supports. Just look what I got. Unfukingbelievable. Not one ward placed the whole game of course.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/687759968

One of the reasons I hardly play pubs on my own. Need at least 3 people in a party with decent communication to make it work really.

Otherwise you just face stupid pub hero picks, you can tell from the selections that you are doomed before the game even starts.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

One of the reasons I hardly play pubs on my own. Need at least 3 people in a party with decent communication to make it work really.

Otherwise you just face stupid pub hero picks, you can tell from the selections that you are doomed before the game even starts.

the standards are too low nowadays. be a dump or get reported. go with the lowbrow culture of reporting people, or get reported. believe that a concede option isnt necessary or get reported/flamed by those too invested in the new culture. get punished for being trolled, sit there for 20 minutes getting trolled. thats the reality of the game in 2014

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Such nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

The immortal items this year are way better than last years ****ty lone druid cauldron !

Got the Axe helm, Tinker boots and Wind runner cape.

The storm spirit one looks bloody awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, they're deadly. I got the Storm hat, the Lion weapon, and the rare DK ult form drop. Probably gonna pick up a few others from the market as well.

I spent a few quid getting the tinker one, the TP sound is godly.

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

is there a teamspeak all you guys are on? Im new and havnt a clue what im at

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Normally a bunch of us on 188.165.244.23 in the evenings

I have no idea how fantasy leagues work, but I set one up to get the points in my compendium. If anyone wants to join it, the ID is 199046. Password: karma. Alternatively maybe you can point me to a better one that has a slot open.

• Advertisement

Daily hero challenge, fun but probably game ruining. :D

Just as long as I don't get meepo or invoker, I'm happy.

Its actually deadly. Got me playing outside my comfort zone, which is a good thing.

This game was pretty stressful until dec finally finished farming. I've been convinced that bloodstone after hex instead of dagon/eth blade is better by this game. The extra rearms are so good. It takes a special kind of person to go aghs refresher doom.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/700622343

This game was pretty stressful until dec finally finished farming. I've been convinced that bloodstone after hex instead of dagon/eth blade is better by this game. The extra rearms are so good. It takes a special kind of person to go aghs refresher doom.

hex...rearm...hex...rearm...hex...rearm..... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Aghs and refresher on Doom is actually fine. Infact in the role he is playing in that game it's perfect...

Aghs and refresher on Doom is actually fine. Infact in the role he is playing in that game it's perfect...
    I don't disagree with the item build. I just hate playing against it, actually I just hate playing against dooms who play their role well, which he did. Though if I'm the doom, I'm cackling away. I prefer a shivas to aghs since I think the aghs is a bit overkill.
    Mid game was me getting doomed (I had a 23 min hex), dying, buying back to even out the fight. Late game was both of us just sitting back and waiting for the other to show. Also, aghs veil veno ult is the most disgusting thing ever. lvl 20+ Heart AM died from 35% or something to it.

@Karma, I tripled my rearm count in this game.

• Advertisement

So, myself and 2 of my mates were having a horrible streak. 7 losses in a row. Not the worst streak I've had, but with the same people, it was beginning to grate. Sometimes we were teamed with retards. Sometimes we were the retards. Sometimes the other team were better. Sometimes we got completely outpicked. It didn't matter. Despite being friends for ~20 years, we were on teamspeak and almost refusing to speak to each other because we were getting so pissed off.

After 4 losses in a row one evening and at 1am, we said "we can't log off without winning a game. lets have just one more". This was it. This was the game that we were going to play better than anything else. We were going to grab the strongest heroes in the random draft and swap them based on our own knowledge, and counterpick as best we could.

However, I didn't realise I was first pick and randomed Invoker. I don't play Invoker. My friends don't play Invoker. I played a few bot games to practise and had one pub game in which my team told me to go practise against bots/uninstall. We considered abandoning. Someone on our team disconnected and we didn't pause and wished he didn't reconnect. He did. This was terrible. Things couldn't have gotten any worse. But they didn't.

One of the randoms on our team picked Disruptor and demanded to go mid. We thought "well, it's not getting any worse, is it?". He got first blood. He roamed to bottom and got another kill. He roamed to top to help us and got 2 kills. He hit the most devastating static fields I have ever seen and almost single-handedly won the game for us. Screw support Disruptor. I'm copying this guy from now on. Never before has a commendation been so deserved.

tl;dr insane disruptor snapped a horrible run while I stood idly by and mashed buttons.

Advertisement