Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

things seem to go better when i ignore daily challenges http://dotabuff.com/players/10941974

threw away 50 losses on that ****, must have lost 20 OD games haha

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

If I was pissed off after this game, I can't imagine how Slark must have felt.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/733596766

• Registered Users Posts: 17,575 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Had a game of ARDM today. It was incredible fun. However, charging around as Sven with vlads, linkens and sceptre was pretty silly

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Nobody likes to play support, yet everybody likes to win - Bastion

• Advertisement

Not sure I can believe what I'm seeing here.

After 650 off games of dota, this guy that I had the misfortune to be on the same team with has played 441 games with Slardar and has a KDA of 1.99 with the hero. He rushes vanguard first item, before everything, and I mean everything. His was in a two man party with a centaur who decided after 40 minutes when the game was not just even but turning in our favour, to sell all his items, buy a rapier and deliberately feed it to the other team. I really am in the absolute dogh1t tier.

http://dotabuff.com/players/32504495

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

How was he in a 2-man party with the centaur if they're 3 spaces away from each other on the team?

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    How was he in a 2-man party with the centaur if they're 3 spaces away from each other on the team?

Is that always how it is on dotabuff? I guess not then. They were talking to each other in another language in the chat, went together in lane and collectively abusing me in the chat (for not ganking) so I assumed they were.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Not going to lie. I was playing with a well known player about 6 months who is known for his arrogance and being a ****. We lost one teamfight when I didn't TP but continued to push as Prophet. We were miles ahead too so I was just concentrating on winning the game asap as it was boring. He snapped and continued to abuse me through chat for about 5 minutes even throwing in a cancer bomb. So I just said "Ok ****, I'm going to teach you a lesson". We were never going to lose this game but I farmed two rapiers and fed them to the other team's carry and we lost. It just felt too good.....

KarmaBaby wrote: »
    Not sure I can believe what I'm seeing here.

After 650 off games of dota, this guy that I had the misfortune to be on the same team with has played 441 games with Slardar and has a KDA of 1.99 with the hero. He rushes vanguard first item, before everything, and I mean everything. His was in a two man party with a centaur who decided after 40 minutes when the game was not just even but turning in our favour, to sell all his items, buy a rapier and deliberately feed it to the other team. I really am in the absolute dogh1t tier.

http://dotabuff.com/players/32504495

Would you not go batsh1t crazy for playing the same hero over and over and over?

• Advertisement

Kunkka wrote: »
    Not going to lie. I was playing with a well known player about 6 months who is known for his arrogance and being a ****. We lost one teamfight when I didn't TP but continued to push as Prophet. We were miles ahead too so I was just concentrating on winning the game asap as it was boring. He snapped and continued to abuse me through chat for about 5 minutes even throwing in a cancer bomb. So I just said "Ok ****, I'm going to teach you a lesson". We were never going to lose this game but I farmed two rapiers and fed them to the other team's carry and we lost. It just felt too good.....

I honestly don't know how I haven't been chat banned yet. To be fair I only ever give abuse in response to someone that's giving it to me or someone that is deliberately trolling, but I definitely go to far sometimes.

Would you not go batsh1t crazy for playing the same hero over and over and over?

He is batsh1t crazy, obviously. Didn't Einstein say that it was the very definition of insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect different results?

Not only does he play the same hero over and over. He seems to build the hero (badly) in precisely the same way, the same items, in the same order. every single game.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I had a guy called TOP FURION in a game the other day who had 1900 games on carry Prophet. Some people are just sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

Maybe he's role playing Slardar pretending to be Jaws...

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

im fairly trench tier, but recently ive 2 games where i played mid Windrunner vs Pudge, i know im trench tier cause pudge is in every game, i know she is not an ideal mid, but with bottle crowing or good rune control i can spam powershot (for the last hits plus vision), my primary aim is to not to feed pudge.

First game
    here i picked WR to support, bought support beginning items, i thought TA was going mid but all other heros went to lane leaving me with mid.

Second game
    here i realised in picking stage we had no mid and they had pudge, here i bought starting items for mid, i was more prepared for it.

anyway both games i thought i won mid. in the first our TA questioned by phase boots in chat, i replied i was doing well, i beat pudge in mid (he abbandoned.) after which our TA abused me and then disconnected we lost that game becuase first TA and then 2 more of our team disconnected but the 4 remained on the other team. grrrrr, the second game was better and i went full semi carry as we had a mech and support items already. good game.

am i right in thinking:
    playing mid vs Pudge is about vision and positioning.
    so long as pudge does not have a good early game he will be a non factor later. he is not a good last hitter vs ranged heros (especially Powershot) and gets zoned out easily.

im also miffed that WR gets no credit for kills where she shakleshots a hero (or 2).

Justice wrote: »
    im fairly trench tier, but recently ive 2 games where i played mid Windrunner vs Pudge, i know im trench tier cause pudge is in every game, i know she is not an ideal mid, but with bottle crowing or good rune control i can spam powershot (for the last hits plus vision), my primary aim is to not to feed pudge.

First game
    here i picked WR to support, bought support beginning items, i thought TA was going mid but all other heros went to lane leaving me with mid.

Second game
    here i realised in picking stage we had no mid and they had pudge, here i bought starting items for mid, i was more prepared for it.

anyway both games i thought i won mid. in the first our TA questioned by phase boots in chat, i replied i was doing well, i beat pudge in mid (he abbandoned.) after which our TA abused me and then disconnected we lost that game becuase first TA and then 2 more of our team disconnected but the 4 remained on the other team. grrrrr, the second game was better and i went full semi carry as we had a mech and support items already. good game.

am i right in thinking:
    playing mid vs Pudge is about vision and positioning.
    so long as pudge does not have a good early game he will be a non factor later. he is not a good last hitter vs ranged heros (especially Powershot) and gets zoned out easily.

im also miffed that WR gets no credit for kills where she shakleshots a hero (or 2).

She still needs a buff to be viable in the current meta imo. She has one of the lowest win rates in the game. Shackle shot is an unpredictable and difficult disable to land. Play her as a support without getting kills and she will trail off hard as the game progresses. The ulti is just "meh" and her mana pool is insufficient to spam her spells and maintain a decent DPS output. Bad mek carrier even though some think she should.

She's an ok mid hero and I think she can fit into a situational agro trilane, but far and away my least favorite hero to play, because it feels like you just cannot contribute enough with her. And no assist with shackle shot is really annoying.

It's more you need to be very good with her or she is jsut meh, If you dont land double shacks and the like she is crap, if you do she is great, that is why she has a low win rate. We got doominated by a good mid wr yesterday. kills on every gank, always hit every shackle.

This Xcaliber guy standing in for fnatic at the moment is just incredible. Absolutely mind blowing Meepo play in this game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSUndYex15U

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

This Xcaliber guy standing in for fnatic at the moment is just incredible. Absolutely mind blowing Meepo play in this game.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSUndYex15U

Was a bit outclassed yesterday against NaVi though. Its clear his decision making can be quite suspect at times, but if he can improve on that he will definitely be picked up by a top team pretty quickly.

Natures and Terrorblade on the one team is just disgusting rat bullsh1t.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Natures and Terrorblade on the one team is just disgusting rat bullsh1t.

Its easy to stop that from happening.

Its easy to stop that from happening.

Not in trash tier pubs when you're not in a party it's not. Just sit back and watch your team feed and your towers disappear.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

the enemy team seemed to have excellent players

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

a 50K gold difference in a 45 min game, what the hell did you do to keep the game going that long?

BMMachine wrote: »
    the enemy team seemed to have excellent players

Playing sniper at low mmr is literally shooting fish in a barrel.
    Justice wrote: »
    a 50K gold difference in a 45 min game, what the hell did you do to keep the game going that long?

Ignored towers and fountain farmed.

This game was so painful. While the druid was crap (he apologised because he randomed the druid while AFK), the OD, despite having the highest kills, ultimately cost us the game. I recalled at least 5 times that he imprisoned whoever was in the skywrath's ulti. Also, look at his feckin build!!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Who was LS? He was pretty poor. I'm confused as to how you guys laned. Was LS jungling? Solo druid off, mid OD and Zeus Sky on a safe lane?

I wasn't in a group. Druid laned with me (Zeus) and LS laned with Sky. OD wanted me to mid but I refused. So yeah, two junglers who hadn't a clue how to play were in lane and a mid that didn't want to mid. The sky was the only decent player on the team but the OD fecked up a lot of his kills and allowed the AM to get farm. The Luna wasn't much of a problem tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭BittaTrig

Hay lads, New face here.. Just asking about improving.. MMR doesn't mean squat to me (Mainly because it's 1700 ) but I know i'm better than that, I had a lot of bad games during that. I'm a good player, But practicing with heroes against bots is boring as fuuuuuu. Any other suggestions? Love playing carry and all. oh and i've invested 780 hours in dota! so I ain't exactly a noob ;)

Advertisement