Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DotA 2 General Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Spunge wrote: »
    Yeah i found it on a google search cheers. Nice to have.

Only just realised lich is plague rider. Also least played mode is great. Addiction is in full swing. Dont even want to tell you how many games in the last few days.

Tell us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭Kunkka

I was off sick from work for a week and I accumulated 50+ hours of DOTA in that week....

I love feeding.... especially 007 Furion Dagon

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Justice

im jealous.

i wanna play 24*7, but once reality sets it ends up about 1/2 games a day max. at least i have bot matches when i cant get exclusive internet access. i share my measly 2mb broadband with teenager who lives on youtube and a wife whos discovered netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭DaveDaRave

cant. stop. playing.

nearly lvl 13.

inb4 raped in ranked

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

seems pretty cool, find us some local dota https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1018930

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

So I see AA, Arteezy and Tusk's mother all live in Antarctica.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

haha! It's mostly good for finding people that ruined your game :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

seems pretty cool, find us some local dota https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=1018930

i wish i could play in the middle of the ocean

Yeah noticing increase in quality in ranked. In the fact that i went from winning a lot, to losing a lot and not knowing why :pac:

Getting my MMR back up to the 4.5k mark again finally after a feeding frenzy when I was on that week off months ago. Too much Dota is a bad thing, standard drops and feeding as Furion becomes too much fun. To get above 5k again within a month is the challenge

• Advertisement

Yeah i remember overplaying hon would lead to ****ty play. If i came back fresh from a break i was calm and relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I really feel like I've plateaued in terms of being able to grind MMR: the games I get now I really don't feel like I have a big effect on either way, and I'm basically just going 50/50. I'm happy with where I'm at I guess, but I still want to get better.

Not sure exactly what I can do to improve from my current level so I think I'm gonna stop playing as much and start watching some high-level streams instead to try and spot stuff I can improve on.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    I really feel like I've plateaued in terms of being able to grind MMR: the games I get now I really don't feel like I have a big effect on either way, and I'm basically just going 50/50. I'm happy with where I'm at I guess, but I still want to get better.

Not sure exactly what I can do to improve from my current level so I think I'm gonna stop playing as much and start watching some high-level streams instead to try and spot stuff I can improve on.

find a team and playing in some clanwars would be my solution, especially if you get on a team in the higher tiers. theres a massive difference between doing that and public play and it teaches you to tidy up your timing and teamplay. its also really good for learning to read smart players lines of play and build up your instincts

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I guess the usual transition of an IHL into semi pro team and scrimming.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Yeah, I've played some competitive before and it's great. It's an absolute pain in the arse trying to find a team of people who are good and committed though. I might try and find a good IHL, that seems like a good idea but I don't really know where to go to do it. I played in the UK one before and it's pretty cack.

Yeah, I've played some competitive before and it's great. It's an absolute pain in the arse trying to find a team of people who are good and committed though. I might try and find a good IHL, that seems like a good idea but I don't really know where to go to do it. I played in the UK one before and it's pretty cack.

im not as familiar now as I was a few years ago and the last team I played for were french and they set everything up for me :p but try on irc if you can. im not sure which channels would be used exclusively but if you play a few pickups you could find a team pretty quick... again though you want the right team and that can be annoying :s

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

I'd actually suggest trying to get into NEL, getting an english speaking one is pretty hard afaik. I recall there being a scandinavian one but idk about EU ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭the butcher

Kunkka wrote: »
    Getting my MMR back up to the 4.5k mark again finally after a feeding frenzy when I was on that week off months ago. Too much Dota is a bad thing, standard drops and feeding as Furion becomes too much fun. To get above 5k again within a month is the challenge

Rushing dagon with Furion is a lot of fun :)

At 3.7k myself but not sure how I could go any further without playing as a 5 man stack who all know what they are doing.

MMR doesn't mean as much as you would be led to believe but shhhh about that one ;)

Tank build for Necro the only option.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/854382976

• Advertisement

BMMachine wrote: »
    MMR doesn't mean as much as you would be led to believe but shhhh about that one ;)

Yet everybody that buys an mmr account losses most their games and ends back where they were :p

Team play is a bit different 5 stacking.

Tank build for Necro the only option.

http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/854382976

Refresher instead of the reaver is a must :D . No buyback for you mother****as~!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,574 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Farmed necro is so much goddamn fun. It's great being a squishy and juking an entire team.

I prefer pew pew build. Pulse -> dagon -> scythe -> pulse is enough for some poor sod jungling unwarded.

necro has always been one of those heroes which many teams have tried to get working. there was one patch in WC3 dota where he was particularly powerful but aside from that hes always been on the verge of so many drafts. his only cc being his ult is annoying and for an int hero to have 2 passives is weird but hes a great laning presence. I accidently picked him in a tournament game before (in wc3) and we ended up stomping with him :p so he will always have a place in my heart <3

Shadow blade and radiance is fun

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭KarmaBaby

I still dont get midas gaming. Feels like every time I go midas get punished hard for it.

Shadow blade and radiance is fun

I once played with an excellent necro that was using Shadowblade. saved our bacon!

Quick win being Jakiro supporting Jugger -> http://www.dotabuff.com/matches/856213409

Basically for team fights - Naga ult, I'd line up veil of discord, Ice path + ult, usually get 3 heroes due to bad positioning. Jugger ult on top of that while Slark/Naga get the heroes not caught in the ice path. Only had about 4 team fights and that combo was enough to win it.

I max Liquid fire first on Jakiro always now, great early harass, no mana issues, early tower money etc, it's a no brainer imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

"The ultimate counter to the 5 man level 1 push strat"
    http://a.pomf.se/hhnwzi.webm

• Advertisement

grizzly wrote: »
    "The ultimate counter to the 5 man level 1 push strat"
    http://a.pomf.se/hhnwzi.webm

Wow

Advertisement