Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health Insurance for those on a 857 Visa

Options
  • 02-11-2011 8:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Hi folks,

I dont know if any of you would be able to advise me here but Im looking into health insurance at the moment and I was wondering what sort of options do I have on a Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme Visa (857 Visa)?

I have heard iMan are pretty good but as far as I know they only cover those out here on 457/417 Visas...

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

You should be covered by medicare, use iSelect.com.au (or any insurance comparison tool) to pick your health insurance.

iMan is for 457's and is pretty expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭mandrake04

857 is Permanent residence so you are well covered with medicare, I was paying $92 pm full fully optioned up Hospital, ambulance and dental with HCF and it was very good. Got about $600 worth of dental in 2 visits and the gap was only $50+$30.

Am with MBF now and both the wife and myself are paying $165 joint for similar cover as above, and remember that having PHI reduces your tax for those over 32.

Advertisement