Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to buy real hottttt curry sauce or powder?.

Options
  • 02-11-2011 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭

Have tryed tescos,dunnes etc and all I can get is the packets or the canned curry powder,but this far from hot curry.
    Anyone know where I can get canned real hot curry sauce?,thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I've never seen canned curry sauce or powder tbh. If you want to get the really good extra hot chilli powder or sauce - try an asian food shop. As you don't give your general location that's the best I can do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭bassy

you not seen the curry powders in tins that you mix with water and bring to the boil.
    Location is kk/cw/LS any good Asian shops in these area,s ?.cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Wongs on John St in Kilkenny, is a decent Asian shop. Its just beside the entrance to County Council Offices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭grandslamsmith

Would you not consider making your own? It's pretty easy and you can regulate the heat as much or as little as you need.

The great thing about making your own is that you have a constant supply at hand AND you know what's in it.

Let me know if you want a few Curry paste recipes etc, etc.

Rory

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭sponge_bob

bassy wrote: »
    Have tryed tescos,dunnes etc and all I can get is the packets or the canned curry powder,but this far from hot curry.
    Anyone know where I can get canned real hot curry sauce?,thanks.

is this that mc donalds chip shop curry sauce you are buying?:eek: if it is its pretty crap.
    do a search on here for curry sauce or curry paste recipes, simple and easy to make way more flavour

• Advertisement

Ye that's the crap mcdonnels stuff,how the can call it curry is beyond me.

sponge_bob wrote: »
    is this that mc donalds chip shop curry sauce you are buying?:eek: if it is its pretty crap.
    do a search on here for curry sauce or curry paste recipes, simple and easy to make way more flavour

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

What sort of heat are you looking for? Would raw Jalepwnos be hot for you, or would you be looking for something that's a lot hotter?

Hey Rory can you pm me some good receipes,cheers.

Would you not consider making your own? It's pretty easy and you can regulate the heat as much or as little as you need.

The great thing about making your own is that you have a constant supply at hand AND you know what's in it.

Let me know if you want a few Curry paste recipes etc, etc.

Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭grandslamsmith

Done!

It's all about the paste you make Bassy, it's completely in your hands. Once you start making your own pastes you will never go back to stuff in a jar or a packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

I have been after something similar...

I have ordered 10 minute burn...

http://www.chileseeds.co.uk/chilli_sauces.htm

scroll down that page to find it. Its made from the hottest chillis in the world..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

i bought this in superquinn during the week http://atkinsandpotts.co.uk/images/RTI_Vindaloo.png

how hot is that stuff in superquinn,is it burning hot as in some sweat rolling off the forehead lol.

i bought this in superquinn during the week http://atkinsandpotts.co.uk/images/RTI_Vindaloo.png

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭breakfast roll

bassy wrote: »
    how hot is that stuff in superquinn,is it burning hot as in some sweat rolling off the forehead lol.

i haven't tried it yet but i'll let you know once i have!

Advertisement