Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin activity edit help

• 02-11-2011 9:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure if this is in the right forum or not....

Anyway, quick question.

I did the Dublin marathon on Monday and used my Garmin Forerunner 305 to track the run.

However, the watch was not turned off. I stopped it after the marathon but I must have started it again by mistake (about an hour later by the looks of it) and as a result my drive home was included, and it says I have run 57 miles in about 12 hours.

Is it possible to edit this file and if so, how?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Bugsy2000

If you stopped it at the line you should be able to go back and look at the splits and manually enter a workout with the stats & times up to the 26.2m marker (or the closest split to that distance)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,531 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

As Bugsy2000 suggested, if you stopped it on the line, this will hopefully have created a new lap. So you can export the file to Garmin Training Centre, delete the laps that you feel are unnecessary, and that should fix the workout. You can then export it from Training Centre and re-import it back into Garmin Connect.

If that doesn't work, send me a link to your Garmin Connect activity, and I can look into fixing it up when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Larry Brent

If you created a new lap for the extra miles in the car by pressing lap at the finish or when you accidentally restarted it an hour later you can just delete this lap on be watch itself (305) without having to use connect or training centre. Presumably this is pretty basic and you didn't create a new lap hence you're asking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,584 ✭✭✭✭tunney

email it to tunney at gmail.com
    Tell me how much time you want taken off the end and ill fix it in WKO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

If you created a new lap for the extra miles in the car by pressing lap at the finish or when you accidentally restarted it an hour later you can just delete this lap on be watch itself (305) without having to use connect or training centre. Presumably this is pretty basic and you didn't create a new lap hence you're asking...

I stopped the watch at the end of the race, but I must have restarted it by accident probably as I was walking around after the finish. So because I restarted it, it didn't actually start a new lap, it just continued with the one I was on.

I then started another lap somehow after.

I was able to go into the training centre and delete the last lap. I then deleted the second last one and it had me doing 25.1 miles, so the last miles, so the last mile plus whatever was finished. I can upload it again so that isn't too bad.

It turns out that I have to delete times within a lap itself, so that makes it harder, I think!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Name Changed

As Bugsy2000 suggested, if you stopped it on the line, this will hopefully have created a new lap. So you can export the file to Garmin Training Centre, delete the laps that you feel are unnecessary, and that should fix the workout. You can then export it from Training Centre and re-import it back into Garmin Connect.

If that doesn't work, send me a link to your Garmin Connect activity, and I can look into fixing it up when I get a chance.

Nah, unfortunately, restarting the watch by accident after the end actually didn't start a new lap. :(

I'll keep trying to fix it anyway... I'll give you a shout if I can't. Cheers.

Advertisement