Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports physios in Melbourne

Options
  • 02-11-2011 9:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭

About 10 days ago I strained my groin during a 400 metre race. It is very minor but am afraid of making it worse so havent been able to train since. It's driving me mad, and it is healing painfully slow, so I guess visiting a sports physio or physical therapist may be the way to go.

Can anybody recommend a good one in Melbourne, which is reasonably priced? It would have to be somebody who is open on weekends as I am in Glenrowan doing regional work Monday to Friday.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭MarieC

Hi James,

So I see you are still in Melbourne! Hope you are well settled in. The physio I go to is based in the Uni where I work, out in Clayton so don't think that's any good to you, but I have been for a sports massage in South Melbourne and it was brilliant. The ladies name is Anne Harry 04-25442663. Another place, that actually she recommended to me is the Olympic Medical Center, located by AAMI stadium, just on swan street in Richmond. For both contacts, I am not 100% sure of their working hours/if any at weekends.

Must meet up for a coffee sometime!

MarieC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

MarieC wrote: »
    Hi James,

So I see you are still in Melbourne! Hope you are well settled in. The physio I go to is based in the Uni where I work, out in Clayton so don't think that's any good to you, but I have been for a sports massage in South Melbourne and it was brilliant. The ladies name is Anne Harry 04-25442663. Another place, that actually she recommended to me is the Olympic Medical Center, located by AAMI stadium, just on swan street in Richmond. For both contacts, I am not 100% sure of their working hours/if any at weekends.

Must meet up for a coffee sometime!

MarieC

Thanks Marie,

That info will be very valuable in the future no doubt. For now, I have decided to book an appointment for a physio out in Wangaratta tomorrow (earliest I could find). They deal with sports injuries. I was told by one of the places in Melbourne when I rung up that most of them are closed at the weekend. Don't want to wait any longer so will see how good they are out here in the sticks.

Sounds good. I'll PM you my number. I'm around Melbourne every weekend, and will be back permanently in a few weeks.

Advertisement