Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

crossfire temps

Options
  • 02-11-2011 9:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭

Lads I just recently went crossfire 6970`s with sythe vga coolers and noticed last night that the temps of the cards are getting into the mid 70`s while playing bf3 on ultra and vsync on....The case is a r3 with a fan in the bottom and side to help the cards keep cool and also noticed that the cpu(4.2ghz i5 760) is running around 8c warmer while gaming BF3(68c)

Do you think these temps are high or am I just getting worried over nowt?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,180 ✭✭✭Serephucus

Seventies, you say? Sounds perfectly fine to me. When I had a second 580, one of them was hitting 98°C. From what I understand, 70° or so is quite cool for those cards. What were you doing to get those temps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Serephucus wrote: »
    Seventies, you say? Sounds perfectly fine to me. When I had a second 580, one of them was hitting 98°C. From what I understand, 70° or so is quite cool for those cards. What were you doing to get those temps?

Those temps are from playing bf3 but furmark pushes the cards up to the 90`s.

A single 6970 would be lucky to get 80c on furmark....

So Im good to go gaming for 3-4 hrs with the cards in the 70`s do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

Do you use a custom temp profile?

heid wrote: »
    Do you use a custom temp profile?

not sure what you mean there mate:o

Im just using hw monitor and core temp

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭heid

I mean't custom fan profile, afterburner or trixx program to set graphics card fan profile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

my 6950s hit a Max of 65 for the top and 60 for the bottom in furmark. but they're cooled with a factory 'custom ' dual 120mm(?) fans each. don't get that hot gaming though.

my friends 6970cf gets to 75 in furmark iirc, on reference coolers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Spacedog

is there space between your cards?

having 2 cards directly beside one another blocks the intake fan of the top card.

if you have the room and your motherboard has another available 16x PCI slot, you can try moving the card and getting an extended crossfire bridge to link them.

+90C is not unusual for this setup on load.

Just an update on the temps I was getting....I origanally had a slimline sythe 1200rpm fan on the side panel for my single 6970 as I could only fit the slimline fan because of the size of the sythe gpu cooler i have installed on the card..

The slimline was hardly producing a fart of breeze over the card..

So what I did was fit a 25mm 120 fan to the out side of the side panel and it pumps a boot load more air over the 2 6970`s and has dropped the temps by 13-15c....

It looks ugly but will do untill I get my external water cool set up...

Advertisement