Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Caller ID Widget - Recommendations???

• 02-11-2011 10:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'd like a widget which lets me toggle on/off my outbound caller ID.

At the moment if I want to make a call without my caller ID being visible to the receiving party I have to go into Settings -> Call -> Additional Settings -> Caller ID -> Hide number. Then after making the call I have to go back into Settings -> Call -> Additional Settings -> Caller ID -> Show number in order to restore my caller ID to receiving party's.

My job requires me to make confidential calls to people from time to time but leaving a caller ID if the call is unanswered or answered by the wrong person can undermine the anonymity the person I am calling requires.

Suggestions anyone for a widget which would allow me to toggle caller ID on/off? I already searched the Market without any joy so hoping there's a Boardsie guru here who can help me out!!

Cheers,

Ben

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 757 ✭✭✭rockal

Just use #31#<number>
    If you save the number with this prefix when they call you only their number is displayed, not their name.
    So save TWO contacts - one for incoming and one for outgoing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

http://www.appbrain.com/app/hide-my-number/com.qodester.hide.my.number

probably better...

http://www.appbrain.com/app/mycallerid/eu.mberendes.mycallerid

Note: I have not used these myself

If you need the prefix for hiding your number it's simply '141' - no *'s or #'s just 141 followed by the number. And if your ID is hidden be preset, 142 will display your number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

Thanks Guys,

Rockal, I need something automated as the calls I'm making are to new numbers which may never be called again so I don't want to go to the trouble of setting them up in contacts. Thanks for confirming #31# is the correct code to use though, much appreciated.

Scotty, thanks for the app suggestions. Hide my number seems to be a bit hit and miss but the myCallerID app sounds just like what I need. Thanks for that.

BTW 'dialing' 141 before the number you want to call doesn't seem to work on Vodafone. I tried it at home and to several other numbers and the calls just fail. It's like my phone is interpreting 141 as a country code or something. Might just be the settings on my own phone. #31# does work though.

I also found this "Secret Sheep" app which seems to work pretty well providing you specify #31# as the code to use. It gives you several options including one to make your caller ID visible to all contacts and not visible to all non contacts. Pretty much my default position so I'll go with that for now but if it doesn't work or I'd prefer to toggle caller ID on/off manually the myCallerID app has a toggle widget which I'll use.

Thanks again.

Ben

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭Scotty #

hmm that's odd. 141 does work on Three. You do still use the leading 0 on the number. So it would be 141087111111

There is another option. With Launcherpro you can place shortcuts on your homescreens as you would a widget. These shortcuts can be any Android/App setting, they are all listed when you go to create one. I have one to switch my IP config from static to DHTP at the press of an icon. Very handy.

You could do the same for number sending but you will have to go through the list to find it. I couldn't, but I did find the page were you control the setting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Scotty # wrote: »
    hmm that's odd. 141 does work on Three. You do still use the leading 0 on the number. So it would be 141087111111
    Just tried this but it doesn't seem to work any more?
    On Three and Galaxy Note with jelly bean.

edit, never mind found it on this page http://forums.androidcentral.com/t-galaxy-s-iii/188798-hide-caller-id-per-call-basis-phone-possible.html
    sorry about the bump

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭BenEadir

The App Hiddencall works perfectly for me on Galaxy Note 2 on VF. See https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.devarc.anoncall&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDEsImRlLmRldmFyYy5hbm9uY2FsbCJd

Pressingthe toggle turns caller ID off for just the next call. Easy peazy.

Ben

Advertisement