Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry misses russian trip

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Hope it's just a minor thing, and that he's ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

to b honest i bet this is something like goign to go the gp to get his bloods taken.

he was going on the other day about the distance etc - he didnt want to travel and i dont blame him either!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

mickman wrote: »
    to b honest i bet this is something like goign to go the gp to get his bloods taken.

he was going on the other day about the distance etc - he didnt want to travel and i dont blame him either!

Me ballix. He's our manager and should travel wherever the fcuk he has to.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, although it does seem strange that this hospital visit falls this week :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I think we can afoord to lose this one and still be okay to qualify assuming we pick up the points we expect in the other games.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭ruiseal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sky Sports via Twitter:
    Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp is to undergo minor heart surgery today. More on site soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Bugger, that's not good. Minor or not, heart surgery is serious. I hope this isn't true because he could be out for a while if it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

SuprSi wrote: »
    Bugger, that's not good. Minor or not, heart surgery is serious. I hope this isn't true because he could be out for a while if it is.

Sounds serious I hope he makes a speedy recovery.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Bodie Doyle

Not good news at all. Hope he has a speedy recovery.

Don't fancy Kevin Bond in charge at WHL.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Agreed, for all the issues I have with him I wouldn't want to see anyone ill let ignoring the fact we have been doing the business for the last 7 weeks. Hope he gets better asap.

Is there a weeks break with the playoffs?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

ziedth wrote: »
    Agreed, for all the issues I have with him I wouldn't want to see anyone ill let ignoring the fact we have been doing the business for the last 7 weeks. Hope he gets better asap.

yeah more serious than we thought. he should be grand though. minor means minor

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

On the Guardian site now;
    The Tottenham Hotspur manager Harry Redknapp is set to undergo minor heart surgery. The 64-year-old went to hospital on Tuesday night for tests and is now expected to have an operation on a minor blockage in one of his arteries.
    Tottenham confirmed on Tuesday that Redknapp was facing a "medical procedure" that would prevent him being part of the club's trip to play Russia's Rubin Kazan in the Europa League on Thursday. His assistant Kevin Bond and the first-team coach Joe Jordan will take charge instead.
    It is not known how long Redknapp will be away from work, though an update is expected later on Wednesday at the club's press conference in Russia, to preview the Group A match.
    Redknapp lives in Bournemouth and makes the 250-mile round trip to the club's training ground most days along with Bond.
    The former Portsmouth manager, who has been in charge of Spurs for three years, admitted in March 2010 that he had started talking heart pills on the advice of his doctors, but stressed it was not a major problem.
    Writing then in his Sun column, Redknapp said: "About a year ago I needed to take heart pills and I am still taking them regularly … I am absolutely fine and have no worries about my health but this game can make the most mild-mannered of people explode as when you are sitting on the bench you get eaten up inside from first to last whistle."
    On the stresses of management he added: "After a game I cannot sleep, there is too much going on in my head as I go over moves, think about gameplans, think about which player has had a good or bad game – and it's worse if you lose."
    Redknapp is not the first football manager in recent times to have undergone heart surgery. Gérard Houllier had an 11-hour emergency aortic dissection after experiencing heart problems at half-time during Liverpool's game against Leeds in 2001, and required a similar operation last season when in charge of Aston Villa.
    The former Lyon manager returned to manage Liverpool after five months out in 2001, but did not take charge of another game at Villa following his most recent heart scare, leaving the club in the summer.
    The Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson had a pacemaker fitted in 2004, but was back at work the following day. West Ham's Sam Allardyce underwent heart surgery while in charge of Blackburn in 2009, and Joe Kinnear had a triple heart bypass earlier in the same year while at Newcastle.
    Link.

2 week break, fulham on 6th nov, then the next game is villa on monday 21st

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Fantastic manager, love the guy. Hopefully all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Speedy recovery Harry. Best Spurs manager in my lifetime COYS.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Mullo76

KingdomYid wrote: »

but sure youre only five and a half arent you;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Mullo76 wrote: »
    but sure youre only five and a half arent you;)

More like five and a half multipled by 6 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Best of luck to Harry with his recovery,he'll hardly want the stress of the England job with this condition will he?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,742 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

No, but if he desn't get it at least he'll have an excuse.

Only jesting :D (kind of)

My mother in law has those heart stents fitted a few weeks and its and in and out job.. all done in the one day in the vHI clinic.
    You have two rest up for a few weeks afterwards as if can effect your blood pressure but other then that HR should be fitter and stronger then ever.

tippspur wrote: »
    he'll hardly want the stress of the England job with this condition will he?

Might suit him more now, no day to day travelling and working..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

This :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Fantastic manager, love the guy. Hopefully all goes well.

This :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

That would be Keith Burkenshaw for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭ohnoigotsick

No, but if he desn't get it at least he'll have an excuse.

Only jesting :D (kind of)

My mother in law has those heart stents fitted a few weeks and its and in and out job.. all done in the one day in the vHI clinic.
    You have two rest up for a few weeks afterwards as if can effect your blood pressure but other then that HR should be fitter and stronger then ever.

i make them for a livng - simple enough procedure - press just making it sensational as a heart scare. feet up and rest and he'll be sorted in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I saw an interview with him on SSN and he said it was recommended he rest for 4/5 weeks but he's hoping to be back before that. with a two week break I'd say he'll only miss two games at the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭VW 1

I saw an interview with him on SSN and he said it was recommended he rest for 4/5 weeks but he's hoping to be back before that. with a two week break I'd say he'll only miss two games at the most.

Especially with the international break that is coming up as well

Advertisement