Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good morning Limerick

• 02-11-2011 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi all,

I am new to Limerick and this morning I had my coffee at Creamy cafe at O'connel street. The coffee was good however staff not. I clean my table and said thank you to the girl but no answer. Is this the norm in this city?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

Sorry to hear bout your bad experience, have never had coffee tin that establishment myself but can assure you that it is certainty not the norm, and it is especially nice to see some1 actually clean up after themselves.

Fair play...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

I wouldn't think so,no .Everyone has an off day.

Where you from?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Where's Creamy Cafe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

source wrote: »
    Where's Creamy Cafe?

I think its on the corner of Cecil Street/ O O'Connell street but not 100% sure just down from where Clancy's electrical used to be

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

steveon wrote: »
    I think its on the corner of Cecil Street/ O O'Connell street but not 100% sure just down from where Clancy's electrical used to be

Tis indeed. Never had coffee in their myself. Try Melt on Catherine Street or Aroma on Upper Catherine Street, staff are always lovely!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Cherrycoke

source wrote: »
    Where's Creamy Cafe?

It's name is Cafe Creme. Across from the jewellers on the corner, not sure of the name.

I was in there on Sunday, and a girl was working there on her own, and she couldn't have been nicer :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,809 ✭✭✭Comhrá

Is this the norm in this city?

Definitely not normal imho. Limerick City establishments whether pubs restaurants or cafes, are normally staffed by pleasant friendly people....
    and that's from a Tipp person..:D

Most likely the girl in question was either distracted or just having a bad day.

J.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

also she maybe was just a bitch,

anyway dont worry thats not normal, normally the trick is shutting people up in limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Limerick west

Thank you all and yes the correct name is cafe' creme'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Iang87 wrote: »
    also she maybe was just a bitch,anyway dont worry thats not normal, normally the trick is shutting people up in limerick

Nail on the head!!!
    I got a coffee in there a efw times and they are just rude tbh.
    don't bother go there anymore.
    There are enough of great establishments with friendly people willing to take my money!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭constantg

killwill wrote: »
    Nail on the head!!!
    I got a coffee in there a efw times and they are just rude tbh.
    don't bother go there anymore.
    There are enough of great establishments with friendly people willing to take my money!

Aroma lads, I'm telling you Aroma are really nice people!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭gaf1983

constantg wrote: »
    Aroma lads, I'm telling you Aroma are really nice people!!

Had a really nice egg mayonnaise, bacon and lettuce sandwich there only an hour ago, couldn't fault the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭ZombieBride

I've had coffee in there before with no issue, the girl who served me was friendly. Arabica is nice too, plus free wifi (which is a bonus if you've to send an email quick)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

If you didn't like the service then don't go back. Don't generalise about Limerick because of 1 surly retail assistant. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Buglim

Beer Baron wrote: »
    If you didn't like the service then don't go back. Don't generalise about Limerick because of 1 surly retail assistant. :rolleyes:

He was only asking Beer baron...Cool the jets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gia99

hi , about the cafe creme ... hmmm i going there every day for coffe and the girl working there can't be nicer , and it's the best coffe i town.:)

gia99 wrote: »
    hi , about the cafe creme ... hmmm i going there every day for coffe and the girl working there can't be nicer , and it's the best coffe i town.:)

Hi girl who works in cafe creme!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 BeckyLS

I have to say Ive found the girls in there really nice. I have seen them looking stressed but that's because it was busy. Everyone is allowed an off day we all have them!

BeckyLS wrote: »
    I have to say Ive found the girls in there really nice. I have seen them looking stressed but that's because it was busy. Everyone is allowed an off day we all have them!

Anyone else from Cafe Creme on here? Seems like we have almost the whole staff now!!! ;):D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭Brian Lighthouse

Hi all,

I am new to Limerick and this morning I had my coffee at Creamy cafe at O'connel street. The coffee was good however staff not. I clean my table and said thank you to the girl but no answer. Is this the norm in this city?

Could it be possible she didn`t hear you?

Could it be possible you didn`t hear her reply?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 Limerick west

Could it be possible she didn`t hear you?

Could it be possible you didn`t hear her reply?

no heart feelings mate,it was raining that day.. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭theparish

Is there any place in the city that sells fresh ground espresso beans(aside from the supermarkets).
    I got a right fancy yoke for making coffee off of santa.Hoping to save up to 400 euro a year making my own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

Cafe Creme is the only cafe I have found that will make a proper iced coffee (read: coffee over ice; not coffee-flavored ice cream in a cup) in the summer.

And it's almost June...

• Registered Users Posts: 5 surs

hi there i am here for nine months & sometimes limerick peopl tend to stay , more with limerick people! it's a small town . you really have to make efforts with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 surs

hello , anyone for coffee,around city centre .& cafe creme I agree is really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

This thread is strange

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,000 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Strange Zombie thread, locking.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement