Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chimney sweep

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭spankmemunkey

moans3536 wrote: »
    have experience with both keoghs and sean cassidy...

Keoghs lads arrived with a nelfix hoover, and all they did as far as i could see was hoover the inside of the stove, no brushes or anything and left a big mess. Could not wait for them to leave (all these lads were missing was cowbo hats).

The year I got Sean Cassidy , lovely chap, did a great job and also gave me advise about a part that would benefit my stove, really know his stuff and left
    the place spotless.

This thread is a bit like the Freddy the Mover thread, people were giving out about putting people down without the ability to reply for all we know you could be a chimney sweep putting the keogh lads down

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

This thread is a bit like the Freddy the Mover thread, people were giving out about putting people down without the ability to reply for all we know you could be a chimney sweep putting the keogh lads down

Have you ever met/seen the Keoghs?

Cavemen.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreddfan

my hubby does open fires for ppl for 20euro depending on the location

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭johnwd

Motivator wrote: »
    Have you ever met/seen the Keoghs?

Cavemen.

.... He wouldn't be a person I'd fancy having a confrontation with, I couldn't see it ending with a positive outcome for me. I want people to know that he did a shoddy job in my house and could have caused a chimney fire due to his crap work. Anyone know if we have the equivalent of that "cowboy builder" show that they do in the UK ... would love to see this guy getting found out on camera. I took pictures of the amount of soot taken out of the stove by the other sweep ... but they're not really proof for anyone as I could have taken these anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭burly

Just had Sean Cassidy around this morning to clean our chimney/open fire after reading some of the earlier reviews on here.

Lovely man, nice to deal with, Top Job, in and out in 25 minutes, would recommend him. Left the place spotless, and I will be keeping his number.

(086) 3748685
    (051) 851513

Highly recommended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Motivator

johnwd wrote: »
    .... He wouldn't be a person I'd fancy having a confrontation with, I couldn't see it ending with a positive outcome for me. I want people to know that he did a shoddy job in my house and could have caused a chimney fire due to his crap work. Anyone know if we have the equivalent of that "cowboy builder" show that they do in the UK ... would love to see this guy getting found out on camera. I took pictures of the amount of soot taken out of the stove by the other sweep ... but they're not really proof for anyone as I could have taken these anytime.

Post them up here, my wife wants the chimney done I want to show her what kind of clowns are around the town before she goes off booking someone without thinking of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭burly

I know I'm repeating myself but if your looking for someone, you can't go wrong with Sean Cassidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Dreddfan

pm me if you want a quote for your chimney cleaned

How is it that the thread about freddie the mover was blocked and locked because people said you cant slag off someone who isnt here to defend themselves and that it cud affect their business yet its ok to make comments that boards.ie are now responsible for and could be deemed liablous. I'm not saying he didn't do the above but theres no proof and for all we knowin a small place like waterford posters know other chimney sweeps or are related to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

How is it that the thread about freddie the mover was blocked and locked because people said you cant slag off someone who isnt here to defend themselves and that it cud affect their business yet its ok to make comments that boards.ie are now responsible for and could be deemed liablous. I'm not saying he didn't do the above but theres no proof and for all we knowin a small place like waterford posters know other chimney sweeps or are related to them.

Have you reported it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

burly wrote: »
    Just had Sean Cassidy around this morning to clean our chimney/open fire after reading some of the earlier reviews on here.

Lovely man, nice to deal with, Top Job, in and out in 25 minutes, would recommend him. Left the place spotless, and I will be keeping his number.

(086) 3748685
    (051) 851513

Highly recommended.

Can I ask how much did he charge burly? Looking to get this done and have an open fire, thanks :)

Have you reported it?

Yes I have actually and I havent had a reply. I'm not saying hes not bad just we cant prove he is and hes not here to defend himself and the thousand people who read this probably won't call him because boards allowed the thread to continue, freddie the mover thread was closed for the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

burly wrote: »

(086) 3748685
    (051) 851513

Highly recommended.

100% agree, had him clean 2 chimneys and fit a couple of cowls today.

I wonder why the mods have replied to the complaints I've made about this liablous thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭..Brian..

poppies2 wrote: »
    Can I ask how much did he charge burly? Looking to get this done and have an open fire, thanks :)

Twas €30 for my open fire from Sean Cassidy.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭robocode

Looking to get a chimney sweep out to the house and wondering if they give any feedback on the state of the chimney? We had a few small bits of stone fall down the chimney last week and want to know if it's serious or not

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bengyk21

I'd also recommend Tony, I'll PM you his details

Hi all id recommend a sweep from mooncoin very good at his job power sweeps as well and reasonable his number is 0834366050 tommy kielthy is his name

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

robocode wrote: »
    Looking to get a chimney sweep out to the house and wondering if they give any feedback on the state of the chimney? We had a few small bits of stone fall down the chimney last week and want to know if it's serious or not

Try Sean Cassidy, I remember him telling me he was after buying camera gear so as he could check interiors of chimneys, I'd image he could sort you out.

There you mate found the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭tombliboo83

Looking for a chimney sweep on an open fire but can't get through to sean from cleancass. Does anyone here have any up to date recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Looking for a chimney sweep on an open fire but can't get through to sean from cleancass. Does anyone here have any up to date recommendations?

Sean done mine on Tuesday, he's up to his eyes at the minute, he's supposed to be coming back to me tomorrow to fit a cowl to my chimney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Tony power 087 988 0035

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭kapa

We got Tony Power today and found him absolutely brilliant. A good experience following a few disasters from some of the others named

• Registered Users Posts: 23 lighthouse76

any recommendations for a good reputable chimney sweep in the city?? and approx. cost to clean a open fire chimney?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We used a guy called Tony power, he has a Facebook page if you want to contact him.

https://m.facebook.com/TonyPowerChimneyCleaning/

Found him very good, even gave the kids a certificate that the chimney was clean for Santa because it was close to Christmas :)

Can’t remember the price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭poppies2

sillysocks wrote: »
    We used a guy called Tony power, he has a Facebook page if you want to contact him.

https://m.facebook.com/TonyPowerChimneyCleaning/

Found him very good, even gave the kids a certificate that the chimney was clean for Santa because it was close to Christmas :)

Can’t remember the price though.

Would second this. Found him great. If he doesn't answer the phone just leave a message and he will call you back. We got him early last year and it was €40 for a chimney with stove.

Advertisement