Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UMvC First-Day Casual Tourney!

Options
  • 02-11-2011 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Hey guys, myself and Voa will be getting UMvC for our college society and plan on spending a large chunk of Friday the 18th of Novvember breaking it in in the society room in Trinity, there will also be a small tourney around 3pm, like a €1 entry and small prizes, just playing casuals for the rest of the day will be free though. It'll be on from like lunchtime, there'll need to be a break from 6 until about half eight when we're screening True Grit, and if anyone is hanging around after that it'll probably go back on. Good warm up for DoC5 the next day, should be fun, feel free to drop up!

Directions-wise the society room can be found as follows:
    1) Go through front arch of Trinity
    2) As soon as you go through the arch turn left and go in the first door on your left (look for the shop sign)
    3) Climb the stairs to the top floor, look for the door on the right being held open by an xbox, thats us!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭DarkTalant

I'll be in for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Goody2shoes15

Sorry, as Voa just pointed out to me that is Friday 18th, the drop day, not this coming friday! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

I'll def be there if I can. This is open to non trinity heads right??

I'll def be there if I can. This is open to non trinity heads right??

Yeah, no problem! We are a fairly accepting bunch! On a side note, Keith is plannin on bringing his PS3 copy so we should have it on both consoles!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'm half considering taking the day off, and popping up and recording some fights for the laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Considering how previous Day 1 marvel videos have done, I think it's important for you to do that if you want to continue to grow your channel.

Orim wrote: »
    Considering how previous Day 1 marvel videos have done, I think it's important for you to do that if you want to continue to grow your channel.

Whist you I am trying to appear altruistic. Nothing to do with the fact one of the original day 1 videos is about to hit 10,000 views.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Doyler01

I'm getting a bus from Trinity to Galway that evening.. not 100% yet tho, but if I am i'l be there.

Also.. where are u all planning on getting Umvc? I'm not sure if Game stores will be stocking it and Gamesnash will need near 25 orders if they are to stock it.. I highly recommend these guys, everytime I've bought a game from them I got it a day early :D

Check this thread and express interest if u want Umvc http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056424123

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Doyler01 wrote: »
    Also.. where are u all planning on getting Umvc? I'm not sure if Game stores will be stocking it and Gamesnash will need near 25 orders if they are to stock it.. I highly recommend these guys

I need to do some unrelated price checking around the city for "Santa".

I don't want to step on Gamesnash's toes, but I can let anyone who is interested know the likelyhood of actually getting this in a brick and mortar.

If it's zero, we should all obviously go Gamesnash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 7nationsoldier

wish heros and heralds mode was out the same day, that would be some interesting casuals!

• Advertisement

Have just confirmed, there will be many baked goods that day too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

Can't make it, will be at DOC

Nutrient wrote: »
    Can't make it, will be at DOC

Not on the Friday you won't

Not on the Friday you won't

Yeah I'll be there on Sat 18th:pac:

Yeah I'll be there on Sat 18th:pac:

Dear, the saturday is the 19th, game drops on the 18th, we're running the casual tourney then!

Dear, the saturday is the 19th, game drops on the 18th, we're running the casual tourney then!

My mistake

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Kuro Tao

I guess I'll pop in for a bit, just to see the hype.

I can be there til 5.30

Am hype.

Whats the earliest we can be there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

How late will this be running. Might pop in after work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

This'll run from 3 till 6, with casuals after a screening of True Grit.
    I'll be free from 2 on, so you can bother me then if you don't know where the room is. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

I'll be there from around 12:30.
    If any one needs help finding the room, just ask. I can get people from the entrance if needs be.

Doyler01 wrote: »
    I'm getting a bus from Trinity to Galway that evening.. not 100% yet tho, but if I am i'l be there.

Gonna try get into this place before 2:30

Captain vs Bucky

Only 1 may stand for freedom Doyler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkTFtriqfjgp-NbfwiHCYdznIjtjukZIpj3bMmWPslnIBO1QED

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭chueytoo

main question is, will this fit all the people. not going to lie that room is really small.

Gonna try get into this place before 2:30

Captain vs Bucky

Only 1 may stand for freedom Doyler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkTFtriqfjgp-NbfwiHCYdznIjtjukZIpj3bMmWPslnIBO1QED

Uhhh huh

And who else exactly stands for freedom?? This guy?
    doom-has-pimpcup.jpg

This guy?
    1440949-dormammu_super.jpg

Didnt think so

I think they do stand for freedom.

They both want the freedom to be able to decide the fate of every living thing.

On Topic: I'd like to come to this event, but it's too early on a Friday for me unfortunately

Ok lads, I will be buying a 360 copy of it at around 8.30am tomorrow, will be in the room from nine and it will be on so feel free to come up, play casuals and chill, get a first go at it!

If anyone needs directions my number is xxxxxxx, give me a text and i'll come and get you from the front arch of trinity!

We will have to finish up at six for a screening of True Grit but if anyone wants to hang round there'll probably be more casuals from 8.30 or so until like 11.

EDIT: Yes Doom out on his mod hat there and ceonsored that, rightly so, so PM me and i'll pass my number along!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I'll be there around 4:30, hype.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,006 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

@Goody2Shoes

You might want to edit your number out of that post and ask people to PM you instead.

Don't want any late night heavy breathing calls!

Edited myself.

Phone nos on boards = trouble!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Man I'm so hype for the screening of True Grit!

Advertisement