Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible robbery?

Options
  • 02-11-2011 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

I know this may sound a bit daft, but is it possible that the house I live in was broken into? As far as we can tell, all that was taken was my piggy bank with about 50e in it. We have all searched the house high & low, to the point where were looking in the fridge and freezer for it! I mean is it possible that someone would break in & literally just take the piggy bank with a small bit of cash in it and not take laptops/tvs etc...? Now the other thing is we can't find the possible 'break-in' entrance, I'm completely baffled as to where this piggy bank is! I mean can little piggy banks walk?!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭darrenmcc

i'm livin in Aridlaun at the mo, heard there's been a few break ins, but was mostly for car-keys and then the car was gone. i'd have thought if there was laptops at hand, they'd have been taken aswell. not lived here long but laptops are easily carried but maybe its misplaced or sumthing?

hope ya find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Has any gold jewellery been taken? My parents were broken into earlier this year and all they took was gold jewellery and cash. Laptops were lying around and weren't taken.

If you were robbed, you'd have spotted something where they might have got in. Hope you find it!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭steve22

I suspect an inside job... I’d be interrogating the housemates if I were you…

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭ShortskirtCiara

I live with my parents and my sister who is around the same age as me and they definitely didn't take it. It's as weird. I can't stay in the house on my own cos I'm now freaking out at the sound of any noise! I better find this feckin piggy bank before I lose it!!!! Not sure about gold jewellary though, thats a good one because when I realised my piggy bank was gone, I also noticed that my jewellery stand was knocked over? I'm gonna investigate the house further!

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭steve22

could have been taken while you were still in the house...
    any visitors recently? "friends" or your sisters friends over for a while.

dont forget to investigate the attic... the thief could have taken refuge there after being disturbed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭mikehunts

I live with my parents and my sister who is around the same age as me

What age are you 6 or 7? Maybe you better ring your parents.

mikehunts wrote: »
    I live with my parents and my sister who is around the same age as me

What age are you 6 or 7? Maybe you better ring your parents.

I'm the same age as my shoe size, 5 and a half. Whats wrong with living with my parents? You don't know the first thing about me, so why the pre-judgement?

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭ShaunC

I lived in Ardleigh a few years back, we were broken into one night and like that did not know for sure. all that was taken was a mobile phone and about €40. searched for my phone but all I could find was a sim card, tried the card in her phone and sure enough it was my sim. Also noticed my side door wouldnt lock. We rang the Gardai and they confirmed these thieves can break the lock without visible damage, get in and steal what will fit in their pockets, and move onto the next house. we were told that 5 or 6 houses were done in our estate that night:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Greylor

We have your piggybank hostage. Unless you give us €1,000,000 we will execute the piggy bank.

As proof of our intentions......

1268791840w063h0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Sure enough we were indeed broken into. Found the break in entry point. Were gonna baton down the hatches from now on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭mandz

Sorry to hear that. Did they get much? (apart from your beloved piggy bank?)

Thats the thing, nothing that we can notice? I think were genuinely after cash & gold as my jewellery stand was knocked over but it was costume jewellery so they didn't take any of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

According to the Gardai, cash and jewellery, esp gold due to the rising price of it, is what these scum are going after.
    A neighbour was done over last year and they didn't take the laptop either. He also thinks they may have seen him leaving the house (we're in the countryside) so keep an eye out for suspicious people about.

Yeh were keeping an eye out for suspicious people. Funnily enough, 2 days previous to the incident a so called 'rep' from Eircom Phonewatch knocked on our door and came in and asked mum about our home security etc...It could have been him for all we know. It took place between 7pm and 11pm as these were the only times nobody was in the house and the fact that we live in an estate, I'm surprised we were even targeted.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭VNP

@ShortskirtCiara almost exact same story september the year before last came home from weekend away there was 50 quid sterling missing from a shelf and 50 Euros gone from a mug in the bedroom, lap top jewelery guitars etc untouched a couple of drawers opened also in the bed room. Tiny bathroom window was open but they would ve had to knock or move big vase with silly flower stuff on the sill and more on the cistern to get in dust wasnt disturbed and all was the same as ever, The window wasnt the entry point anyway so we're still baffled? very annoying.

VNP wrote: »
    The window wasnt the entry point anyway so we're still baffled? very annoying.

Apparently they can open the front & back doors without anyone noticing as well which is even more worrying to be honest. But like you said above, u'd swear they weren't even in the house, apart form dirty footsteps which at the time we thought was our own even though we had clean soles on our shoes. Window seemed undamaged only until we noticed the damage from outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭Ham Sambo

I know this may sound a bit daft, but is it possible that the house I live in was broken into? As far as we can tell, all that was taken was my piggy bank with about 50e in it. We have all searched the house high & low, to the point where were looking in the fridge and freezer for it! I mean is it possible that someone would break in & literally just take the piggy bank with a small bit of cash in it and not take laptops/tvs etc...? Now the other thing is we can't find the possible 'break-in' entrance, I'm completely baffled as to where this piggy bank is! I mean can little piggy banks walk?!!

Did it ever cross your mind that it might have been sombody you know who stole your piggy bank??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Ham Sambo wrote: »
    Did it ever cross your mind that it might have been sombody you know who stole your piggy bank??

Did it ever cross your mind to read the whole thread before you post?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Veles wrote: »
    Leave the moderation to the mods,thanks

Ok, I'm weally weally sowwy;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Veles wrote: »
    Leave the moderation to the mods,thanks

A bit harsh. The comment was valid. If the poster had read the thread, he/she would have known the answer. :)

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    A bit harsh. The comment was valid. If the poster had read the thread, he/she would have known the answer. :)

Exactly, but there's a new mod in town
    And he ain't taking no **** from anyone
    Well apart from the trolls that posted above me
    That's OK!

*read the charter or you will be banned:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Actually, you'll find I'm THE ballbreaking sherriff in these parts! So lay off the newbie mod, or you WILL be banned. :rolleyes:

See, we can abuse sarcasm too! :)

What Veles was trying to say to you darokane was: you could have phrased that in a nicer way or reported the post and had a mod deal with it. :)

Ivan wrote: »
    Actually, you'll find I'm THE ballbreaking sherriff in these parts! So lay off the newbie mod, or you WILL be banned. :rolleyes:

See, we can abuse sarcasm too! :)

What Veles was trying to say to you darokane was: you could have phrased that in a nicer way or reported the post and had a mod deal with it. :)

Sarcasm is one of those things that can never be abused to its full potential

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Milk & Honey

Apparently they can open the front & back doors without anyone noticing as well which is even more worrying to be honest. But like you said above, u'd swear they weren't even in the house, apart form dirty footsteps which at the time we thought was our own even though we had clean soles on our shoes. Window seemed undamaged only until we noticed the damage from outside.

A "bump key" will open most ordinary latch locks without doing any damage. Only takes a few seconds to do it.

As the economy worsens these kind of incidents are going to get worse and worse.
    Everyone should have either or both of a cctv system and alarm system nowadays.
    A basic system will set you back less than a hundred euro

Advertisement