Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very erratic broadband

Options
  • 02-11-2011 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,213 ✭✭✭✭

1569003662.png

this is on a 4mb/s connection that I usually get less than 50ms ping. We had a problem the other week where the DSL and wireless would connect but the broadband light on the modem would remain red that was fixed after 3 days but since then it has been very poor quality for the most part. Also to add the wireless and internet lights on the modem are constantly flashing and don't stay on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭eircom: Ant

Liam O wrote: »
    1569003662.png

this is on a 4mb/s connection that I usually get less than 50ms ping. We had a problem the other week where the DSL and wireless would connect but the broadband light on the modem would remain red that was fixed after 3 days but since then it has been very poor quality for the most part.

Hi Liam O,

Thanks for your post and apologies for the delay.

If you'd like to PM your home broadband phone number I can check your call history and follow this up with Broadband Support. I may also be able to offer some advice which may be helpful, before you may need to call into the Technical Support Team.

You don't mention if you have reported this to Technical Support, though I assume you have. This of course would be one of the main points of contact if you have an issue with your broadband speed or with ping rates. They may also be able to advise you how to resolve this issue quickly.

If you haven't called Technical Support before, and if you have an opportunity, please take a look at the eircom Forum and Broadband Checklist below. This will help and save time if a fault needs to be logged or excalated further by Technical Support.

eircom Forum - http://bit.ly/BBchecklist

Broadband Technical Support : 1890 260260 (locall); Hours : 08:00 - 22:00 (7 days).

Kind regards,
    Ant

Advertisement