Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

formatting hard drive

Options
  • 02-11-2011 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭

So going to be installing windows 64bit but im wondering what will happen my profile on origin

Will origin back it up for me or somthing?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

It should do. There is some kind of Origin cloud backup.
    Best to backup the various BF3/Origin folders just to be sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Headshot wrote: »
    So going to be installing windows 64bit but im wondering what will happen my profile on origin

Will origin back it up for me or somthing?

Doubt the profile is stored locally, would be on the steam servers ala steam.

Unless you back up the game data manually you'll have to download it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I did this,

I had Crysis 2 on my origin profile along with a few others. They were stored on a F:\ , however after reinstalling Origin after my Windows format, I wasn't able to link the games with the new client.
    I CAN play the games though, but origin still gives me the option to "download" them, even after they have been moved back into its new installation directory.

On steam you can, check and defragment the local cache, which then recognises all the files locally for you.

Not sure how it will work for BF3

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

so im up and running again, got windows 64 installed

Iv bf3 backed up on an external disk and have the disk. So what is the next step ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

I would say reinstall the origin client, and move the BF3 folder into the default game folder. Hopefully it picks it up but I doubt it.

Maybe try the .exe itself from the BF folder, or however it launches

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks sean got that sorted

sound

Advertisement