Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gripe Water

Options
  • 02-11-2011 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭

Anyone know if you can get gripe water in Wexford or South Wicklow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

They have it in Ardkeen Stores in Waterford, if thats any help.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I should point out that gripe water has changed to remove the alcohol content so its not as effective as it was when I was a kid !!

still works ok and tastes similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Gripe water was our miracle cure. There are some pharmacies in northern Ireland who deliver to ROI.

I agree, I had a friend get it for me in Wales and I was able to cut out the Infacol drops altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

Thanks for the replies. We are down to our last bottle and we can get it in Kildare but won't b up there for a couple of weeks, was hoping to find somewhere selling it nearer to Wexford.
    Gripe water is the business!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭qwertytlk

Hi, im in dublin so dont know about waterford but alot of the asian shops here seem to sell it (without alcohol obviously!) so if you have any of those types of shops in wexford im sure they would stock it too.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

wilfitz wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. We are down to our last bottle and we can get it in Kildare but won't b up there for a couple of weeks, was hoping to find somewhere selling it nearer to Wexford.

Is it near Maynooth?
    If it is I can get it and post it for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭wilfitz

Thanks to everyone for there replys. I got sorted. Super Valu in Sallins sells it off the shelf in the baby section.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I found that water fed off a teaspoon has the same effect as the new gripe water hth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

Is gripe water more effective than infacol?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

wilfitz wrote: »

Jackie Greens in Clonroache should have it.
    But as said it has no alcohol content anymore but it isnt the miracle cure it used to be years ago :)

Is gripe water more effective than infacol?

I found it better than Infacol, even though there seems to be nothing really in Gripe water.

I have bottles of the Nursa Harvey's one.

Ingredients are: Sodium Bicarbonate \BP, Dill oil, caraway oil BP, sucrose BP.

Advertisement